2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

JTEK
All State

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by JTEK »

Very hard for me to understand the way it's written. If June 1st starts the official season which is the first date listed in the rules for your 10 days than a coach with kids and a football instructing would be one of your 10 days your aloud.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fbnut wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 pm I thought ironton kids didn't show up till picture day😀
YOU HAIN'T RIGHT NUT. :D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

DMUP wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm I think if the coach is there then it counts. Not sure who regulates that. Probably AD
I think this is simular to basketball rule. You can do 4 players Development time or whatever you want. Just can't have more than that. I think u have a dead period But it doesn't count toward the teams 10 days. I thought football was similar just not more than 7.
8.3.2.) From June 1 through July 31 From School Coaches – Individual skill/coaching instruction may be received by a member of a school team or individuals at any time from school coaches provided that no more than four members of a school team or individuals are present at one time in all facilities where the individual skill/coaching instruction is taking place. For additional coaching opportunities permitted from school coaches between June 1 and July 31, see General Sports Regulation 7.5.1.

Exception: In the sport of football, individual skill/coaching instruction may be received by a member of a school team or individuals at any time from school coaches provided that no more than seven members of a school team or individuals are present at one time in all facilities where the individual skill/coaching instruction is taking place. Note: All activities must be non-contact and the only football equipment the player may wear is helmets and cleats.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm
DMUP wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm I think if the coach is there then it counts. Not sure who regulates that. Probably AD
I think this is simular to basketball rule. You can do 4 players Development time or whatever you want. Just can't have more than that. I think u have a dead period But it doesn't count toward the teams 10 days. I thought football was similar just not more than 7.
8.3.2.) From June 1 through July 31 From School Coaches – Individual skill/coaching instruction may be received by a member of a school team or individuals at any time from school coaches provided that no more than four members of a school team or individuals are present at one time in all facilities where the individual skill/coaching instruction is taking place. For additional coaching opportunities permitted from school coaches between June 1 and July 31, see General Sports Regulation 7.5.1.

Exception: In the sport of football, individual skill/coaching instruction may be received by a member of a school team or individuals at any time from school coaches provided that no more than seven members of a school team or individuals are present at one time in all facilities where the individual skill/coaching instruction is taking place. Note: All activities must be non-contact and the only football equipment the player may wear is helmets and cleats.
In English

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

This means teams can work on skill just like basketball. Also they have to get some organization for 7 on 7's. Curious if this tule applies to just high school. What about middle school?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Although skeptical, I've been told 7on7 are valuable to the team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've never seen one woby.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

other than on tv.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Yes the rule applies to Jr. High School too.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

The offensive line looks great. I saw them on the field in full pads and helmets pushing the defense around yesterday. The coaches were right there giving some great instruction, and the boys were responding accordingly. The spread is coming along nicely.

Kidding obviously. If I saw this I certainly would not post it on a public forum. LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT SOFTBALL, YOU JUST HAIN'T.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

softballfan2112 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:29 pm The offensive line looks great. I saw them on the field in full pads and helmets pushing the defense around yesterday. The coaches were right there giving some great instruction, and the boys were responding accordingly. The spread is coming along nicely.

Kidding obviously. If I saw this I certainly would not post it on a public forum. LOL
Hey, are you sure you wasn't watching the Semi Pro game that was being played there yesterday lol...

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 pm
softballfan2112 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:29 pm The offensive line looks great. I saw them on the field in full pads and helmets pushing the defense around yesterday. The coaches were right there giving some great instruction, and the boys were responding accordingly. The spread is coming along nicely.

Hey, are you sure you wasn't watching the Semi Pro game that was being played there yesterday lol...
Dang. That was it. No wonder they looked so good.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If Ironton goes to the spread this year with the backs they have they are dumper than they look.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who is the coach and some of the players on the ironton team.
I'd love to make a game sometime. does anybody have a schedule they could copy n paste here.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Game day wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:38 pm If Ironton goes to the spread this year with the backs they have they are dumper than they look.
Game day. I agree they appear to have a lot of backs. Why do you think it would be dumb to go away from T and to spread/ read option? Others have said if ironton doesn't go away from the T their stupid.

I think the key for T isn't backs it's having a strong dominant line and good backs are a bonus. Lost a lot on line but I believe they will be solid still But if you have 6-8 backs that are pretty good why not put 5 on the field at once vs only 3. And if you can get good backs in the open field 1 on 1 vs 11 in the box I believe the odds are better. Becomes a match up game and finding the weak link and exploit it. With 11 in box it's harder to find a weak link. But I think it comes down to opinion. They can succeed with either offense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i meant the river city buccaneer semi pro team that plays in ironton n who are some of the coaches n players. I find this very interesting. and would like info on a schedule.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my opinion on the tee formation is if you do not have very strong o-lineman that stay with their blocks, and really physical backs that will hurt you,and then a speedster that can gash you inside n out, it should not be the primary foundation.before it was see if you can stop it, now it's being stopped. before ironton had superior athletes n weight training. that is not the case now. they have been proven to be beatable. the tee formation however is a great and effective sidedish in my opinion if an arsenal of other formations are being used.but to do it the whole game. it's too easy to just load the box n stop it and dare you to throw, bob lutz used it effectively forever, but he had superior athletes, and coaches at the time. personally the big things I see that need corrected are ================ the forward pass can be utilized other than 3rd down, and intermediate routes are effective. it does not have to be bombs everytime. those will hit sometimes, but more often than not don't. unless you just flat beat a defender. I think offensively they have become too predictable. and need to have different formations and variations, run an effective run/pass option. and hit short routes and let the backs n blockers do their thing. ------------ something I've noticed is lack of execution. turning loose blocks too quick, poor secondary coverage and arm tackles and poor sportsmanship leading to personal fouls and incidents after the whistle that just kill you.nobody appreciates a pacman jones type. if I played opposite of pacman, I'd have him thrown out in 5 minutes just by chatter, he's like a big ole channel catfish that can't pass on a big ole juicy nightcrawler. don't be that guy.agression is obviously needed for football, but needs channeled and turned off at the whistle. the guy that just said something about your sister, he doesn't know her , and is baiting you, but that is easily corrected by a coach. and more discipline needs instilled. you mess up, you pay. you continue to , you don't play. in short much more discipline, to near a military effectiveness, following through on football fundamentals and more variation scheme wise on both sides of the ball, and effective special teams that limit the mistakes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hain't vince Lombardi mind ya. but I been there. and have watched football for nearly 57 years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I coached youth sports, and fundamentals have to be the biggest foundation above all.

Return to “Football”