INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I talked to troy hughes the project manager yesterday. he called me back, he said it was just a matter of getting rain at this point. I was very glad they have stayed in contact with me. but I told him I'd have to agree to disagree, I think there is a bigger problem. I had 4.2 feet of water at my dock. now from the top of my dock to the water is 4 feet. I measured it with a tape measure yesterday. I pray he is right , but I have a real bad feeling about this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Real good chance for some rain and boomers Sunday, Bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I am hoping it rains so hard it's like a cow peein on a flat rock trench, for about 5 days.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:D :) :P

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I know trenchfoot don't want that :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If it was a slow soaking rain for a few days I wouldn't mind. 1 3/4 to 2 inches of rain in 30/45 minutes like last Tuesday, NO NO! But both makes the grass grow tooooo much, so I could also pass on both. :( Nice safe light to medium rain out there right now Bolt, for the clogged up street storm drains, no worry this morning. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we got some decent rain the last couple days. and a big storm. mrs. bait has a couple hangin baskets on the dock. i'll have to water them today, n i'll take my handy dandy measuring tape with me, stay tuned.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Probably see some more rain or a possible thunder boomer today, on the tail end of this passing system, late afternoon/evening, Bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trench we had great rain the last 2 days. I tape measured from the same spot again yesterday. it was still 4 feet from the top of my dock to the water. and this was after 2 days of hard rain. it had not raised any at all. not even an inch. which means we are losing enormous amounts somewhere. then we got a gully warsher later. anxious to check it again today.i think we gotta much bigger problem than they are letting on.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Was watching the radar yesterday/evening. Looked like the edge of Ross/Pike county line area was getting heavy rain, and looked to hit Waverly perfect. I was thinking ole Bait was probably loving it. 8-) 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trench, look at my facebook page. I shared photos about an hour ago. we had torrential rains for 3 days and the water dropped an inch.we are losing millions of galons somewhere. I called the project manager and he was out of the office but had a lengthy conv. with his aide. and sent him a friend request on facebook so he could see the pictures and a letter I wrote to the odnr. my page is tom Osborne, 56 waverly. so you can plainly see it. we don't have to be friends to see it. my page is public to see.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I don't have a Facebook page but the last time it let me look at pictures on your page. I'll go check them out. Should be some water in the Lake by the looks of that radar yesterday evening. You are definitely right and I agree 100%. Somebody is selling a drowning man a life preserver vest. Something is wrong and one heck of a leak somewhere.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Pretty picture here, Bait. 8-) 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's it right there that's part of my dock. so you saw how low the water was. normally you could just see part of the tips of that stuff in the lakebed that didn't get mowed.you can see I kept it cut down as far out as i could get before it was swampy. if you get a chance show one of the water by the dock. at summer pool it's usually a foot from my dock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

by that ladder is about 6 inches of water now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

never heard back from the project manager this time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

another really hard rain last night, but still falling, and no call back from project manager still.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Just read that they are draining the lake tonight.
http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170622/l ... -odnr-says

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Uh Oh bait will have a heart attack, lol! Wished they would have left it alone until after this big Cindy rain moves through to see if it filled it back up and would hold but now we won't know.WCMH is predicting almost an inch for Pike County, we are supposed to get 1.7 up here. Trench you better get a long stick and go out to see if you can unclog that drain. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

As long as we don't get too much rain too quick from Cindy, I should be alright. remnants of her is coming through and meeting a C-front later/late this evening. :shock: Flood watch till 2 am Sat, but cooler temps after it's done. 8-) I see the city has time to freshly paint new crosswalk lines on the street, but can't unclog street drains to keep water from backing up in peoples yards/getting into basements ruining belongings. Painting new crosswalks must be more important I guess. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The Off season”