INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

'M NOT TRYING TO ALARM ANYONE HERE. MY ADVICE IS IF YOU HAVE A BOAT IN LAKE WHITE IN WAVERLY, OHIO. I'D GET IT OUT TEMPORARILY THERE ARE APPARENTLY SEVERAL SMALL STRUCTURE BREACHES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NEW DAM WITH WATER POURING OUT. THE LAKE IS WELL DOWN, AND YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE IF IT GETS WORSE. HOPEFULLY THIS IS A QUICK FIX. BUT NOBODY WANTS THEIR BOAT STUCK. AGAIN, NOT TRY TO CAUSE PANIC, BUT BE SAFE AND DRYDOCK TILL WE HEAR MORE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tom Osborne

Tom Osborne there are pictures i shared on my facebook page i shared from paul price.

there are supposed to be 2 representatives from Columbus on their way down here. if they are not already here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great pictures trench. man we have a few leaks here at the case of the new dam. kinda freakin out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

awesome pictures man. I'm kinda alarmed here, got a big ole sail boat of the neighbors hooked to my dock. and the lake is losing water.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:36 am Tom Osborne

Tom Osborne there are pictures i shared on my facebook page i shared from paul price.

there are supposed to be 2 representatives from Columbus on their way down here. if they are not already here.
Seen the pictures/videos Bait. Them holes look to be part of the structure, and why there would be water gushing out of them is a mystery to me?? They look like small release holes of some kind, maybe they are stuck all the way open or something. Got me buddy, but if I had a boat in there, I'd be getting it out for the time being. Seen your dock pictures too, Very nice Bait. 8-) 8-) Gorgeous area where you live ole buddy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you my friend. I'm supposed to hear back from cliff Rosenberger today.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YTB,

I checked the pix and you and Mrs. Bait have a place to be proud of, and that end of the lake has not looked that good in almost 50 years. Oh for the days of youthful indiscretion and midnight skiing on Lake White.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They had a piece about this on WSYX tonight after the game.They said the lake dropping is due to the aquifer recharging, lack of rain recently and good ole evaporation.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Lack of rain?? Right around the norm and a little over for this time of year so far. Just seen them talking about that on channel 10 last night about precip so far, right at normal and above. Did you see the water gushing out of the holes Bolt in the video on Baits facebook page? 24 hours non stop of that for a couple days would drop any Lake level. Aquifer rock fracture? :lol: Have had plenty of rain and not a real long time of evaporation to matter with a Lake that size. If it was a small pond or a swimming pool I could see evaporation would come to play. :lol: The visible culprit seems to be the holes gushing water out of them. Hope they get it stopped Bait or what ever is causing the Lake to drop in level. It's not mother nature by any means yet, imo. Have had plenty of rain so far this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:34 pm YTB,

I checked the pix and you and Mrs. Bait have a place to be proud of, and that end of the lake has not looked that good in almost 50 years. Oh for the days of youthful indiscretion and midnight skiing on Lake White.
thank you my friend. stop by and see me n the mrs. someday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:08 am They had a piece about this on WSYX tonight after the game.They said the lake dropping is due to the aquifer recharging, lack of rain recently and good ole evaporation.

bolt I been in contact with some big hitters. the truth is, they put 4 pipes in the bottom of the dam that was not there. and they are draining the lake. somehow these have to be capped. why they did this I have no idea. a 35 million dollar project with this big of an error is unacceptable. they already have an emourmous drain they installed that can let out a massive amount. and all the hydraulics , dam n everything are all brand new. so any hard rains at full summer pool will spill over the dam, as it should. they cain't pee down my leg n tell me it's raining. I seen the holes. like a screen door on a brand new submarine. don't make any sense. and they just released tens of thousands of bluegills. not to mention a huge stocking of saugeye. we may lose all of them. the whole area is very angry. I literally have mere inches of water at my dock now. and few a couple weeks had 4 or more feet. my neighbor is building a dock down from me, and his sailboat is at my dock while he's building it. it's completely beached on it's keel. if they leave these dam holes open, we'd have to have torrential rains to maintain the water level. I worked construction for many years and have never seen such a mistake. and it's at the bottom of the dam. so they potentially would have to drain the lake to fix it. the simple solution would be have a pipe welder come cap it, if it's steel. give me a welder and some long leads i'll cap that crap right now if they need anybody. the stuff about the lake draining because of the lakebed soaking it up is full blown mallarky. we have had ample rain and the whole basin was already full and maintaining it's level before they even raised the gates. I was born at night, but not last night. and although the odnr has been very pleasant to talk with, they understand the plight as well, but have been instructed how to comment. and will tell you, that you have to talk to a government official.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I set 2 minnow traps the other day, and the trap was barely covered.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Channel 6 "WSYX" is my favorite news and weather station, but if they said lack of recent rain and evaporation was the culprit, they are full of crap where ever they picked up that info. The Lake was full from recent rains and we even had hard rains after you said it was bank full, and not enough time for evaporation to drop the lake that much and that quick. My oh my, evaporation alone would take months and months to drop water levels a foot or two with a lake that big in size. Call 6 on your side Bait and tell them about the holes/pipes gushing out water at the bottom of the dam. Better yet send them one of your videos of the pipes letting the water out. Who ever is feeding them the info that Bolt seen on they're news last night is full of crap clear up to they're head. A blind man could see where the water is going by them videos.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 am I set 2 minnow traps the other day, and the trap was barely covered.
And there isn't no way lack of recent rain and evaporation could do that so quickly after the Lake was bank full, It's called leaking out, plain and simple. We've had plenty of rain to hold water at average levels in any Lake and like I said evaporation would take about all the summer months to drop it a foot or two with a lake that big in size and that would be without any rain for months.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

"The determination was made by ODNR following on-site inspections this week by its engineers and dam safety experts. The lake level was allowed to reach summer pool in late April following completion of dam safety improvements that began in fall 2015. In recent weeks, the lake level has dropped due to the recharging of the regional aquifer combined with a lack of rainfall and normal evaporation. During construction, the level of Lake White was held well below normal pool to allow for construction of dam improvements. Recent reports of water being observed flowing out from a series of 6-inch diameter drains at the toe of the dam below the spillway is significantly due to groundwater flow. ODNR is monitoring the outflow of water through the toe drains daily in addition to the lake level. Lake White is known to fill rapidly following significant rain events within the large watershed and the small size of the lake," said the statement from ODNR spokesman Matt Eiselstein.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Here you go trench! You need to start watching channel 4 again :lol:
http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/la ... ng-project

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

ODNR says that is mostly groundwater you are seeing coming out of them pipes bait not lake water.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:56 pm Here you go trench! You need to start watching channel 4 again :lol:
http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/la ... ng-project
Can't get the link to open but, no thank you Bolt on channel 4 in the morning.:lol: :lol: but I believed ya channel 6 said that but we aren't behint in rain by any means to make a lake go down that quick, and surely not enough evaporation time for any lake to go down two feet or more in that little of time. 6 has a good high resolution radar that I like, and I like their sports cast's for some reason. Just got use to watching 6 news every morning. I switch around in the evening, I catch all of them news stations wrong on stuff sometimes, so it don't matter. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't believe there would be that much ground water gushing out of those pipes/holes, that lake went down pretty quick according to Bait, so it's losing water at a hefty rate somewhere. Hope they get it fixed Bait, hate to see all them fish die they stocked it so far with, it's going to be getting hotter as the new week starts too, the real McCoy very unpleasant heat, not good for fish in a little bit of water. :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Don't know why they would have to recharge the aquifer so soon Bait. Just got everything done and stocked with some fish. I'm interested when it will finally stay up to an average level, even with a re-charge it shouldn't have went down that much imo. The recent rains weeks ago was plentiful and evaporation takes longer than the time they are saying.

Induced recharge: The recharge to an aquifer that occurs when a pumping well creates a cone of depression that lowers an adjacent water table below the level of a stream or lake, causing the stream or lake to lose water to the adjacent groundwater aquifer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:07 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 am I set 2 minnow traps the other day, and the trap was barely covered.
And there isn't no way lack of recent rain and evaporation could do that so quickly after the Lake was bank full, It's called leaking out, plain and simple. We've had plenty of rain to hold water at average levels in any Lake and like I said evaporation would take about all the summer months to drop it a foot or two with a lake that big in size and that would be without any rain for months.
exactly they saw the same places it was gushing out as everybody else. basically been without rain a week maybe a hair more. but evaporation ain't the problem here. putting them drainhole in the is like me putting wings on the gator to try to fly, like trying to put a marshmeller in a parkin meter, it hain't gonna happen.

Return to “The Off season”