2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

osu 77
All State

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by osu 77 »

Why is the AD not monitoring these type of issues?

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Maybe the kid should just skip the beginning of fitness and 2-a-days and show up on picture day the day before the Preview? That seems to work.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:44 am Maybe the kid should just skip the beginning of fitness and 2-a-days and show up on picture day the day before the Preview? That seems to work.
[/quot

Buramgerdin you throwing salt on the Tigers wounds

Didn't appear the Tigers were in the same kind of shape as Burg (obviously) But I also think Burg was just light years ahead on athleticism. Ironton had great size but Burgs overall team speed was unmatched around here by any team.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

DMUP wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:44 am Maybe the kid should just skip the beginning of fitness and 2-a-days and show up on picture day the day before the Preview? That seems to work.
[/quot

Buramgerdin you throwing salt on the Tigers wounds

Didn't appear the Tigers were in the same kind of shape as Burg (obviously) But I also think Burg was just light years ahead on athleticism. Ironton had great size but Burgs overall team speed was unmatched around here by any team.
I wasn't really referring to the beat down, I was just pointing out that last year several kids were allowed to miss all of the hard stuff, conditioning, 2-a-days, etc and just show up on picture day and be on the team. I think 1 even started the first game and ending up quitting mid season. Shocker I know.

Seems consistency is a problem in Tiger town. One kid can't go to an academic event, but others can completely skip and it's okay.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SADLY IT HAPPENED, I'M HEARING IT WON'T AGAIN. EVERYBODY HAS A PAST. IT'S HOW YOU WORK TOWARD CHANGING THE PAST. AND I'M GONNA THROW A PARTY AT THE BAITCAVE WHEN YOU CLAM YOU BURGITE FELLERS UP.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Watched Ironton working on the spread a little to day. I hope the transition to this type offense works for them. I watched them for the last 4 years try to run offenses and defenses that they were not familiar with and in short it was bad.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

osu 77 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:42 am Watched Ironton working on the spread a little to day. I hope the transition to this type offense works for them. I watched them for the last 4 years try to run offenses and defenses that they were not familiar with and in short it was bad.
Now, that would shock some people.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

osu 77 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:42 am Watched Ironton working on the spread a little to day. I hope the transition to this type offense works for them. I watched them for the last 4 years try to run offenses and defenses that they were not familiar with and in short it was bad.
They allowed to practice?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cool 77.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:57 pm
Yes, HS teams can practice

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this early. I thought that was like august 1st.
was when we were in school anyway if memory serves me correct.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DMUP wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:57 pm
Yes, HS teams can practice
They can? I was under the impression that they can only lift a certain amount of days. They get 10 days I think in July before two a days in august. I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to run a playbook until those days. I've got a friend who who's a head coach. I'll ask and get back to you.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

From OHSAA web site:

June 1 through 30 July - Summer period regulations in effect (10 Days of full team coaching permitted- no pads)

2017 OHSAA Football Calendar
April 6 – New divisional breakdowns presented to OHSAA Board of Directors (posted at OHSAA.org)
May 15 – Deadline for schools to have varsity schedules posted in Arbiter
June 6 – Regional assignments and playoff format announced (date assignments for each division)
June 1 through July 30 – Summer period regulations in effect (10 days of full team coaching permitted – no pads)
July 31 – Official start date for practice (five-day acclimatization period begins)
August 5 – Full-contact practices may begin, per OHSAA full-contact regulations
August 6 – Mandatory Day Off
August 8-19 – Scrimmages permitted (third scrimmage permitted if conducting OHSAA Jamboree Game)
August 21 – Season Officially Begins (August 25 is the first Friday)  
September 19 – First weekly computer ratings released (every Tuesday afternoon for remainder of season)
November 4 – Regular-season ends
November 5 – Final computer ratings, playoff qualifiers and regional playoff brackets released
November 3-4 – Regional Quarterfinals
November 10-11 – Regional Semifinals
November 17-18 – Regional Finals
November 24-25 – State Semifinals
November 30-December 3 – State Championship Weekend in Canton (all games at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thanks for update. That has changed I believe. Before we know it, spring football will be allowed

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I thought ironton kids didn't show up till picture day😀

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:29 am From OHSAA web site:

June 1 through 30 July - Summer period regulations in effect (10 Days of full team coaching permitted- no pads)

2017 OHSAA Football Calendar
April 6 – New divisional breakdowns presented to OHSAA Board of Directors (posted at OHSAA.org)
May 15 – Deadline for schools to have varsity schedules posted in Arbiter
June 6 – Regional assignments and playoff format announced (date assignments for each division)
June 1 through July 30 – Summer period regulations in effect (10 days of full team coaching permitted – no pads)
July 31 – Official start date for practice (five-day acclimatization period begins)
August 5 – Full-contact practices may begin, per OHSAA full-contact regulations
August 6 – Mandatory Day Off
August 8-19 – Scrimmages permitted (third scrimmage permitted if conducting OHSAA Jamboree Game)
August 21 – Season Officially Begins (August 25 is the first Friday)  
September 19 – First weekly computer ratings released (every Tuesday afternoon for remainder of season)
November 4 – Regular-season ends
November 5 – Final computer ratings, playoff qualifiers and regional playoff brackets released
November 3-4 – Regional Quarterfinals
November 10-11 – Regional Semifinals
November 17-18 – Regional Finals
November 24-25 – State Semifinals
November 30-December 3 – State Championship Weekend in Canton (all games at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium)
OhBuckeye. I wasn't really meaning full practice. The question was can they practice this early? After Someone posted they were working on spread. I said yes to practice meaning 7 players I thought 7 players could practice anytime and it doesn't count toward 10 days. I don't see that mentioned in ur post. You see any info on that rule. ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think if the coach is there then it counts. Not sure who regulates that. Probably AD

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm I think if the coach is there then it counts. Not sure who regulates that. Probably AD
I think this is simular to basketball rule. You can do 4 players Development time or whatever you want. Just can't have more than that. I think u have a dead period But it doesn't count toward the teams 10 days. I thought football was similar just not more than 7.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sort of like a open gym?

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:15 pm Sort of like a open gym?
No Open gym you can't have any instruction or it counts as 1 of your 10 days . 4 player u can I believe this is used for mainly development .

Heck not sure I could be wrong on both.

Return to “Football”