Athens (24-3) vs Steubenville (27-4) Regional Finals

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Athens (24-3) vs Steubenville (27-4) Regional Finals

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

didn't these 2 play in a football playoff game a year er so ago.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:47 am didn't these 2 play in a football playoff game a year er so ago.
Yeah. Athens put up 58 at Death Valley, most points scored there in over 50 years. And it wasn't a down Steubenville team, they have made 4 straight state appearances plus 2 straight finals appearances. They will walk to a state title this year

For the baseball game, Steubenville won 9-2. Two seasons in a row Steubenville had a big first inning on Athens

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Go to rollredroll.com and you will see that 58 is not the most points scored in Harding in over 50 years. Not even close.

But congrats to Athens on the win. I can see you're still living it. Good luck to the Bulldogs this football season. Big Red will once again be strong.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ferflog wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 1:50 pm Go to rollredroll.com and you will see that 58 is not the most points scored in Harding in over 50 years. Not even close.

But congrats to Athens on the win. I can see you're still living it. Good luck to the Bulldogs this football season. Big Red will once again be strong.
I think Steubenville is still the team mad about that game.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 pm
ferflog wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 1:50 pm Go to rollredroll.com and you will see that 58 is not the most points scored in Harding in over 50 years. Not even close.

Yes he has lived it for a couple years now.

Leave it to Raider to insert the Athens 2014 football team into a baseball discussion. Surprised we don't see a pic of the D3 football runner up trophy he usually inserts into these discussions.

I wonder why Athens only scheduled Big Red for one year in football? Oh, wait, never mind, I know.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Leave it to Raider to insert the Athens 2014 football team into a baseball discussion. Surprised we don't see a pic of the D3 football runner up trophy he usually inserts into these discussions.

I wonder why Athens only scheduled Big Red for one year in football? Oh, wait, never mind, I know.
Because your favorite team Jackson didn't want to play :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:32 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Sounds like Raider was answering a simple question from Bait and added some other info.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:27 am Athens loses to steuby for the 2nd year - and for the 2nd year in a row I was not impressed with the big red at all. Marietta with Dawson on the mound would have easilly beat them. Actually, I think Athens & Marietta were both as good if not better than steuby this year. It was just unfortunate how things played out. The 10 inning game was a back breaker for the Bulldogs having to use their 1 AND 2.
thanks friend I wasn't sure.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chaminade Julienne 3
Steubenville 0

Big Red held to 1 hit.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Second year in row Steubenville has gone to State Tournament and their offense did not show up. I have seen both Steubenville games at state and the offense struggled both years.
Hats off to Steubenville for having 2 outstanding seasons and getting to the state tournament 2 years in row. I looked over Steubenville's schedule and would think they probably need to match up with some of the better teams in the state to gain experience at facing top notch pitching. I do not see why Steubenville does not schedule Berlin Hiland, Massillon Jackson, Tallmadge. The last few years Hiland and Massillon Jackson have had elite teams. Tallmadge is going to play Dayton Chaminade in the D2 State Championship game. I think games against some top notch programs in the State of Ohio will help Steubenville take the next step.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Heard the kid from Dayton Chaminade-Julienne threw in the 87-92 range. Second year in a row the Big Red was beaten by a pitcher who threw BBs.

Bottom line: we were beaten by a better team, just like Athens was.

28-5 isn't too bad a record. Most coaches would love to have that kind of finish to their season. And the second best pitcher on the team was a freshman this year. I'm sure the cupboard is not bare. Time to gear up for golf and football. Roll Red Roll!!!

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!

Return to “Baseball”