INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

about 3 years ago had a young'un catch a 3 foot long carp about 5 feet off my dock with a zebco 33 and a nightcrawler.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody remember exactly how to make wheatie balls, it's been many, many years.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Obtain sweetcorn or boilies for bait. Carp love sweet corn out of the can, and it can make for some of the best bait if you’re fishing for them. While any corn may work, sweet corn contains added sugars and salts, as well as critical amino acids which make it ideal food for carp. Boilies are fishing bait made of fish or milk proteins, eggs, and grains, and are an alternative to corn.
The bright color of the corn also catches the carps' attention.
Some other carp baits include carp pellets, hemp, tiger nuts, maize, chickpeas and maggots.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wheaties and hamburger make an effective catfish bait. When fishing for catfish, you always want to watch the current. As a general rule, it is a good idea to cast and retrieve your line several times to create water disturbance and attract nearby catfish. Because Wheaties and hamburger will lure nearby catfish, you generally only need to let your line travel downstream 40 or 50 yards before you retrieve it. Catfish will smell the ingredients in your bait and come swimming over to feed off of your line.

Instructions

Things You’ll Need:
Wheaties
Water
Burger
Mixing bowl
Garlic powder
Spoon

Step 1

Pour 1 to 2 cups of Wheaties into a large mixing bowl. You can use a plastic or metal mixing bowl. The Wheaties should not reach higher than the half-way mark on the mixing bowl. Additional ingredients will be added later, which will require additional space.

Step 2

Add ¼-cup of water to start. You can use freshwater or saltwater, depending on where you are preparing your bait. It is not necessary to use filtered or bottled water. The water will soften the Wheaties and help the flakes take shape.

Step 3

Mix the water and the Wheaties by hand. Add water one teaspoon at a time until the flakes become malleable and take shape as a firm ball.

Step 4

Roll a slab of burger into a ball equal in size to the Wheaties ball.

Step 5

Mix the burger ball with the Wheaties by hand until all the ingredients are finely mixed together.

Step 6

Add a pinch of garlic powder to the mix.

Step 7

Use a spoon to scoop out grape size balls of your new Wheaties bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TIGER NUTS, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT TO A FIGHTING TIGER WITH A STRAIGHT FACE. AND I'LL PASS , I WATCH TOO MUCH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TO TRY THAT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 5:17 pm Obtain sweetcorn or boilies for bait. Carp love sweet corn out of the can, and it can make for some of the best bait if you’re fishing for them. While any corn may work, sweet corn contains added sugars and salts, as well as critical amino acids which make it ideal food for carp. Boilies are fishing bait made of fish or milk proteins, eggs, and grains, and are an alternative to corn.
The bright color of the corn also catches the carps' attention.
Some other carp baits include carp pellets, hemp, tiger nuts, maize, chickpeas and maggots.

soybeans are also a catfish attractant. you know anywhere that sells boilies around here. I watch them use them on tv. we used to catch carp on bubble gum with a squirt of wd40.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I never heard of using a wheatie ball to target a catfish. i'll have to try that. I think when we made wheatie balls as a young'un we used vanilla or anise, but I can't remember which one for carp.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 am TIGER NUTS, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT TO A FIGHTING TIGER WITH A STRAIGHT FACE. AND I'LL PASS , I WATCH TOO MUCH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TO TRY THAT.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 am I never heard of using a wheatie ball to target a catfish. i'll have to try that. I think when we made wheatie balls as a young'un we used vanilla or anise, but I can't remember which one for carp.
Must be the hamburger and the dash of garlic powder in the wheatie ball that brings them to the hook. :P :P Have no idea for sure Bait, I found this stuff online for ya. :lol: :lol: I'm not Bill Dance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 am TIGER NUTS, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT TO A FIGHTING TIGER WITH A STRAIGHT FACE. AND I'LL PASS , I WATCH TOO MUCH NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TO TRY THAT.
I feel a whole lottsa better now after seein this

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 am I never heard of using a wheatie ball to target a catfish. i'll have to try that. I think when we made wheatie balls as a young'un we used vanilla or anise, but I can't remember which one for carp.
Must be the hamburger and the dash of garlic powder in the wheatie ball that brings them to the hook. :P :P Have no idea for sure Bait, I found this stuff online for ya. :lol: :lol: I'm not Bill Dance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh I know you did. I'd be curious how much the tigernuts are, hard to even type that with a straight face :D . and where to order them. I appreciate all the info and wonderful pictures you share. there is also a short cut around the lake where 552 and 104 and 551 are shut down. if you come down 104, you'll pass huckleberry's before you get to the lake and there is an unmarked road to the right that goes up the hill. when you top the hill it is very well marked. narrow road , but paved. or if you are coming from the north, at the stop light where the emmitt house used to be. turn right go one block and make a left that puts you on 220. a couple miles from the lake, when you intersect with 552 you are here. if you want to put in a boat coming that way, make a left on 552, and there is a turnoff right there on the right. you can launch a boat right there. it says 552 is closed. but if you go to the last house on the lake on the right, that's tom bartley's house. make a left on the unmarked road right across from his house. top the hill and the road is marked and will bring you out right beside huckleberry's on 104. right by the lake n construction

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's awesome wonder what kind carp like. I have seen people use boilies, and shoot them into the water with slingshots. to chum the water. but never heard of these. they are affordable enough. may have to give these a shot.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm just an ole cane pole, bobber, and night crawler type fishermen, Bait. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when you come down remind me I have some bamboo, and i'll give you n bolt each one er so to keep.
I mostly bait fish most of the time as well. but I still love to plug. but with my knees I mostly juss sit and enjoy bein alive.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cool 8-) 8-) Looking forward to the Gator ride as well, Bait. :) :D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anytime ole buddy.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Can you drive around the Lake with it, Bait?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

8-) 8-) 8-)

Return to “The Off season”