THE 3 BEST GAMES YOU EVER SAW IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE 3 BEST GAMES YOU EVER SAW IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT WERE THEY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE 3 BEST GAMES YOU EVER SAW IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

I would have to say as far as ironton football number 1 would be.

1. 1979-ironton vs. akron saint Vincent saint Mary's in akron. when ironton won their 1st state title against an ASVSM team that looked like the guys came over from notre dames team. 7-6 thriller won by an extra point.

2-1989- ironton won it's 2nd state title in the horseshoe over the Campbell memorial devils.

3- that's a tough one for me. either the game when ironton and cape were ranked number 1 and 2 in the state in the ''mud bowl'' at tanks memorial stadium when osu head coach earl bruce landed in the osu helicopter to watch the game.it went on forever in overtimes.---------- or the game at tanks stadium when ironton upset the 3rd ranked team in the country as they upset a team from Washington,dc. Washington arch bishop carroll high school or something like that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

3. 2016 unioto piketon. Back an forth in the first quarter. Then the Sherman's took control before halftime. Streaks came back and took the lead with 2 min left, tanks convert a first down but get called for aiding the runner. Ends up 4th and 30 and edler takes off and gets it. Shermans score with seconds to play.

2. Kenton vs norwayne for the state title. Kenton lost at the end but Matty mauk was incredible prolly best player I've seen in person.

1. 1995 Lima sr vs st ignatious. Spartans upset the cats and break the streak of 6 titles in a row. I'll never forget when Lima was up a score and trying to run out the clock. Jimmy Morris spot single coverage and checks at the line on 3rd down hits cristof to seal it. Never saw a celebration like that. The first time a local school ever won it. All the Lima area teams were there supporting the Spartans. It was special

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

85 burg-Minford

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Athens state final game!!! best ever!

Billy Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy Hoyle »

#1: Moeller/Massillon, state title game in '81, '82, or '83 at Nippert. Spielman played for Massillon. My father introduced to me as a young spectator what big time high school football was all about
#2: Iggy/Moeller, state title game at the 'Shoe in '86 or '87 maybe. The 2 QB's (Pickens and Hyzdu) in a duel for the ages...their combined passing yards stood for nearly 30 years in a D1 title game
#3: Canton McKinley/Moeller, state title game in '97 or '98 at Canton. To this day still the best high school atmosphere I ever saw. McKinley finishes unbeaten, #1 USA Today final rankings, with 3 future NFL players (Jamar Martin, Kenny Peterson, Mike Doss), and a little known QB named Josh McDaniels

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

football life wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 am Athens state final game!!! best ever!

that was an awesome game. saw it live on sto.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Billy Hoyle wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:47 am #1: Moeller/Massillon, state title game in '81, '82, or '83 at Nippert. Spielman played for Massillon. My father introduced to me as a young spectator what big time high school football was all about
#2: Iggy/Moeller, state title game at the 'Shoe in '86 or '87 maybe. The 2 QB's (Pickens and Hyzdu) in a duel for the ages...their combined passing yards stood for nearly 30 years in a D1 title game
#3: Canton McKinley/Moeller, state title game in '97 or '98 at Canton. To this day still the best high school atmosphere I ever saw. McKinley finishes unbeaten, #1 USA Today final rankings, with 3 future NFL players (Jamar Martin, Kenny Peterson, Mike Doss), and a little known QB named Josh McDaniels
I was at the 1st one. it was immediately after a state title game with ironton and akron saint Vincent saint Mary's if I remember right. the shoe was rockin. set an attendance record if I remember right. awesome game.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

2015 1st Round Playoffs:
Newark Catholic vs. Paint Valley.. came down to a 2pt conversion for PV to win in OT.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Logan vs Tri Valley 2007 1st round playoff, Lancaster at Logan 2004 game of the century, Colerain vs Hoover Alabama 2007 Herbstreit Classic. These are the best games I attended. If there were 4 I would have thrown in Portsmouth at Ironton when they were number 1 and 2 in state.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember the Portsmouth/ironton game you spoke of.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

In 2015 I attended the Kirtland-Grandview Hts state semi-final at Mansfield Madison. Was a great game. The final score was 15-9 Kirtland. Grandview Hts was driving down at end of game for trying touchdown in final minute. Grandview Hts had the ball at around the 12 yard line and Kirtland intercepted a pass that went thru a Grandview Hts players hands with 27 seconds left. It was game that had many momentum shifts and big plays.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:25 am I remember the Portsmouth/ironton game you spoke of.

Atmosphere was electric that night! Logan was playing a weak Point PLeasant team on the road that night so I figured I would make the trip to the Tank to catch this epic battle and it didn't disappoint!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Athens-Toledo CC state championship game
Athens-LE first round playoff game the year before. Final was Athens 74 LE 55. Very wild.
Westfall 14 St. Clairsville 12 in a regional final back in 2007
Logan Elm 16 Canal Winchester 13 OT in 2008 in battle of 9-0 teams. Completed LE's turnaround from 0-10 in 2007 to 10-0 in 2008.
Last edited by bman on Tue May 30, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 2:43 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:25 am I remember the Portsmouth/ironton game you spoke of.

Atmosphere was electric that night! Logan was playing a weak Point PLeasant team on the road that night so I figured I would make the trip to the Tank to catch this epic battle and it didn't disappoint!

it was a dandy. my fondest game in the tank was a triple overtime game with cape.the crusaders had Vinnie clark n carlos snow.carlos n Vinnie are both friends of mine on facebook. carlos just had a knee replaced. and the teams were ranked 1 n 2. in the muddiest game I ever saw.we had mallards landing in mud holes with standing water. when the players were on one end, they'd fly to the other. I don't know the Portsmouth/Portsmouth west game at the tank in a playoff game was another muddy mess.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

For Hamilton Township football:

1. Canal Winchester at HT- 2010, basically playing for the MSL Buckeye league title. I believe this was one of CW's last seasons in the MSL? A slug-fest from the beginning. HT led 14-10 at the half. CW had the only second-half score, and blocked an HT field goal to prevent OT, winning 17-14. Probably the cleanest and hardest-hitting game I've ever seen, lots of respect shown to both sides.

2. HT at Chillicothe - 2011, I believe. Chilli absolutely dominated the first half, 23-0. HT looked like they just wanted to get it over with. The halftime pep talk by Coach Hillerich must have been a doozy. The Rangers ran the seoond half opening kickoff back for a score, shut out the Cavs for two quarters, and won 27-24. Talk about a tale of two different games.

3. Amanda Clearcreek at HT - 2002. I believe AC was ahead by two touchdowns in the middle of the 4th quarter, and HT scored twice in the last 5 minutes to win 20-19.

Honorable mention - Amanda at HT - 1998. The Rangers were struggling that year, but the Aces had a rare bad day on the field while the Rangers did everything right (also rare back then) and HT snapped AC's 56-game winning streak for MSL games.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sounds like exciting games I assume ht is hamilton township.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:49 am sounds like exciting games I assume ht is hamilton township.
Correct. And they were, especially the games against Amanda Clearcreek. They cleaned our clock so many times back then, those few times we beat them was like winning the league.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love high school football man.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember when the desales coach left to go to ht, jacoby I think. is he still there.

Return to “Football”