If your league were to add a school

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: If your league were to add a school

Post by wobycat »

JacksonMayor wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 am
route7 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am TVC should boot Athens

Are you stoopid? They want to discuss who we should add.
Are you sure you're the mayor? A person should be more diplomatic when holding a public office. Just saying.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

SOC should add Portsmouth. Crazy that they are not in the league.

Boys Enrollment: 162 (AA)
Boys Mascot: TROJANS Girls Enrollment: 142 (AA)
Girls Mascot: TROJANS

BTW
WAVERLY
Primary Athletic Conference: Southern Ohio Conference
Boys Enrollment: 217 (AAA)
Boys Mascot: TIGERS Girls Enrollment: 191 (AAA)
Girls Mascot: TIGERS

UNIOTO

School Colors: PURPLE / GOLD
Primary Athletic Conference:
Boys Enrollment: 229 (AAA)
Boys Mascot: SHERMAN TANKS Girls Enrollment: 215 (AAA)
Girls Mascot: SHERMAN TANKS

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

SOCII Football
West 184
Wheelersburg147
Waverly 217
Minford 175
Valley128
Portsmouth 162
Oak Hill 152
Northwest 152

It would be a lot better for scheduling and then let the SOC I invite other small schools in.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

With the rumor of Eastern moving up in basketball to the SOC II if they move up in football also, move Oak Hill up with them. Then SOC could see about bringing in South Gallia and/or Manchester. Along with St. Joe possibly.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

TVC OHIO - Warren or Gallia Academy.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well This is not a addition but i would like to see Gallia Academy out of the OVC in at least football. But probably really all sports. In a lot of sports competeing the little OVC schools do little to prepare them for post season in there division. In football if they stay in Region 16 they would probably have to win 9 games most years to even sniff a playoff game i haven't done the math to know if that is true. But it seems like it. Now where i would put my Blue devils i dont know. Maybe i would be in favor of leagues trading a couple schools. Like maybe let Portsmouth go to the soc. For Waverly. I dont think you really want to expand above 8 unless your going to like 12.
i understand this move would also probably not make a lot of sense to any other school besides gallia Academy.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 pm Well This is not a addition but i would like to see Gallia Academy out of the OVC in at least football. But probably really all sports. In a lot of sports competeing the little OVC schools do little to prepare them for post season in there division. In football if they stay in Region 16 they would probably have to win 9 games most years to even sniff a playoff game i haven't done the math to know if that is true. But it seems like it. Now where i would put my Blue devils i dont know. Maybe i would be in favor of leagues trading a couple schools. Like maybe let Portsmouth go to the soc. For Waverly. I dont think you really want to expand above 8 unless your going to like 12.
i understand this move would also probably not make a lot of sense to any other school besides gallia Academy.
When is the last time Gallia had a winning season?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

2012- they made playoffs. 2013 5-5. But have been horrible the last 3 years. think 4 wins in 3 years. But i expect them to be respectable and above .500 very soon.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

svac83 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 pm 2012- they made playoffs. 2013 5-5. But have been horrible the last 3 years. think 4 wins in 3 years. But i expect them to be respectable and above .500 very soon.
So they've been down for more than a couple years?
I'd be more worried about winning football games than changing leagues. You can't beat the teams in your conference but you are worried you can't get enough playoff points?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:34 pm
svac83 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 pm 2012- they made playoffs. 2013 5-5. But have been horrible the last 3 years. think 4 wins in 3 years. But i expect them to be respectable and above .500 very soon.
So they've been down for more than a couple years?
I'd be more worried about winning football games than changing leagues. You can't beat the teams in your conference but you are worried you can't get enough playoff points?
I guess we just look at these things differently when i think of league changes and all i think of the next 20 years not the next 2 or 3. But i agree in there short term as a team they need to just need to worry about getting better everyday.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Fort Frye to the TVC Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TVC wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm Fort Frye to the TVC Ohio
While I wouldn't be upset if that were to happen, does Fort Frye want to play Athens and VC every year in football and Basketball?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Sounds interesting, but I believe we are an hour away from the closest school. I'm sure we'd be willing to schedule non conference games with The TVC Ohio. But nobody's driving to Beverly for a weeknight basketball game. It's the main reason River and Buckeye Trail left The PVC.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

I also think PIKETON would be a perfect fit for the SOCII

PIKETON

OHSAA District: Southeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: PIKETON
School Colors: SCARLET / GRAY
Boys Enrollment: 145 (AA)
Boys Mascot: REDSTREAKS Girls Enrollment: 163 (AA)
Girls Mascot: REDSTREAKS

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:48 pm
TVC wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm Fort Frye to the TVC Ohio
While I wouldn't be upset if that were to happen, does Fort Frye want to play Athens and VC every year in football and Basketball?
Seeing how Fort Frye has dropped down a bit in enrollment now similar to Belpre and Federal Hocking's enrollment and they're located in the TVC Hocking area, I think placing them in the TVC Hocking would be a better option than Ohio. The area barely expands if at all, it helps with scheduling in football as there are now an even number of teams (1 division, round robin conference schedule), and for the TVC Hocking's other sports, divisions can be set up to help with cutting down on travel while playing a 16 game conference schedule.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

3 divisions in TVC and FF would be in the middle div and warren in the big division. It makes too much sense and Athens couldn't dominate so it will not happen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TVC wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm 3 divisions in TVC and FF would be in the middle div and warren in the big division. It makes too much sense and Athens couldn't dominate so it will not happen.

With the PVC almost dead I believe Fort Frye would welcome the TVC. Now not sure how much Waterford wants Fort Frye in the TVC.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It would mean leaving The OVAC, and Fort Frye isn't bolting for a league that doesn't assign officials. Is the rest of the league already tired of Waterford winning everything?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

File this under never happening.

Mid-State League

Central Division

Watkins Memorial
Licking Heights
Canal Winchester
Teays Valley
Hamilton Township
Logan

Buckeye Division
Circleville
Logan Elm
Amanda-Clearcreek
Bloom-Carroll
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union

Ohio Division
London
Columbus Academy
Bexley
Whitehall
Grandview Heights
Worthington Christian

Cardinal Division
Grove City Christian
Harvest Prep
Wellington
Rosecrans
Berne Union
Millersport
Fisher Catholic
Fairfield Christian

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bigdog wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm I also think PIKETON would be a perfect fit for the SOCII

PIKETON

OHSAA District: Southeast
OHSAA Tournament Name: PIKETON
School Colors: SCARLET / GRAY
Boys Enrollment: 145 (AA)
Boys Mascot: REDSTREAKS Girls Enrollment: 163 (AA)
Girls Mascot: REDSTREAKS
That is an interesting thought bigdog. The Streaks have played maybe all but the Burg and West and would not embarrass themselves in either major sport. Usually the discussion is about Waverly to the SVC, but with Beaver Eastern now having football, maybe all of Pike County should be in the SOC. However with Piketon having left the SOC back in 1963 for the SVC, I would say the Streaks have a solid home.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”