Logan Talent

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Talent

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well good luck to you crazy purple injuns anyhoo.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Poo Bear wrote:Can I ask which one of these young Logan classes do you guys keep talking about ??
Last years freshman class is highly thought of.

LHS had three freshman earn Varsity letters. Considering the school has had approximately 10 Freshmen earn varsity letters in nearly 105 years, that's pretty telling. And that list doesn't include any Gassers, Kempers, Angles, or Morgans. Bryce McBride is the only other freshman to do so since 1960.

Logan also had 4-5 sophomores start consistently last fall. Was certainly the youngest Varsity team in a LOOONG time, and one of the youngest ever.

But that only matters if kids continue to improve.

I also THINK the junior high classes are well thought of, but I don't live in the area anymore so I can't speak to anything beyond what I hear and read in the Logan Daily News.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

LHS 72 wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 am Again our coach needs to recruit them there halls!
A lot of really good talent not playing football . Playing other sports and that will not change no matter how hard you recruit them halls.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

kids are not 3 sport players like we were when we were in school. most play 1 sport and thats about it. in the off season especially bball. kids play aau etc...

AT THE RESERVATION
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Some guy up there says they have as much talent per acre as any team in the state

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 am kids are not 3 sport players like we were when we were in school. most play 1 sport and thats about it. in the off season especially bball. kids play aau etc...
That hurt the kids if they are being recruited for collage ball, Most collage coaches like 2-3 sport kids, per Urban! :mrgreen:

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

LHS 72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:12 pm
That hurt the kids if they are being recruited for collage ball, Most collage coaches like 2-3 sport kids, per Urban! :mrgreen:
Collage: a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric onto a backing.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

LHS 72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:12 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 am kids are not 3 sport players like we were when we were in school. most play 1 sport and thats about it. in the off season especially bball. kids play aau etc...
Kids that play a second sport does so to not get burnt out on one but their desire is with one sport . They go to personal trainers ,play travel ball and numerous camps,Playing football is not a priority as a second sport as it use to be

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Why is that I wonder?

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:14 pm
moonshine wrote:OK! my spies tell me that our talent level is at best very average an inexperienced! Let's look at the defense, the line is very porous and that puts pressure on the LB's which are small and let's be honest not very good! So that up to the DB's and Safeties to make most of the tackles! Offence! it all starts with the line OMG the line play is well below average and lack the killer instinct! The back are ineffective and from my spies are not looking for a seam and there are very little room to run. Our ends are the only position group which comes close to the performance that is expected. And that bring me to special teams, punting the punter is doing a fine job when he gets time and a good snap! The kick off team where do you begin! So I can under stand the youth movement and the team will take quite a few beatings this year. If the young core of this team sticks together look for the next 2-3 years to show quit a bit of improvement! Before anyone starts yelling for a coaching change lets give this staff time to work the problems, if in 2-3 years like we waited to remove Wolfe, then it will be time!
Ditto: The Line, The Line The Line. It all starts there! In the off season If there are any lineman in weight room I'd have them watching game film from this season as they worked out and/or out on the field working on Technics.
And its obvious how smart you are......not. The past is the past. Watching film while lifting weights is dangerous. Unless they put TV screens on the ceiling for the binch press. They need more time on some of those technics. Maybe they could use some pyrotechnics to get things going.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Pa1adin wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 pm
moonshine wrote:OK! my spies tell me that our talent level is at best very average an inexperienced! Let's look at the defense, the line is very porous and that puts pressure on the LB's which are small and let's be honest not very good! So that up to the DB's and Safeties to make most of the tackles! Offence! it all starts with the line OMG the line play is well below average and lack the killer instinct! The back are ineffective and from my spies are not looking for a seam and there are very little room to run. Our ends are the only position group which comes close to the performance that is expected. And that bring me to special teams, punting the punter is doing a fine job when he gets time and a good snap! The kick off team where do you begin! So I can under stand the youth movement and the team will take quite a few beatings this year. If the young core of this team sticks together look for the next 2-3 years to show quit a bit of improvement! Before anyone starts yelling for a coaching change lets give this staff time to work the problems, if in 2-3 years like we waited to remove Wolfe, then it will be time!
Ditto: The Line, The Line The Line. It all starts there! In the off season If there are any lineman in weight room I'd have them watching game film from this season as they worked out and/or out on the field working on Technics.
And its obvious how smart you are......not. The past is the past. Watching film while lifting weights is dangerous. Unless they put TV screens on the ceiling for the binch press. They need more time on some of those technics. Maybe they could use some pyrotechnics to get things going.
Yea that's what they need. And a league to play in would help too. Maybe one with schools that have the same kids per square mile? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 am
Pa1adin wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 pm

And its obvious how smart you are......not. The past is the past. Watching film while lifting weights is dangerous. Unless they put TV screens on the ceiling for the bench press. They need more time on some of those technics. Maybe they could use some pyrotechnics to get things going.
Yea that's what they need. And a league to play in would help too. Maybe one with schools that have the same kids per square mile? :mrgreen:
Hey grounded chucky, go back into hibernation! :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

talk about beating a dead horse........

AT THE RESERVATION
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:07 am talk about beating a dead horse........
That horse has been dead! :mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:07 am talk about beating a dead horse........
LHS 72 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 pm
That horse has been dead! :mrgreen:
I can't believe you two Logan fans are giving up on this idea. The kids at Logan deserve to have a league to play in and having one they can actually compete in (same kids per square mile as the other school) should be a priority. I'm not giving up on them and I hope the one guy who was writing the letter to the OHSAA about Logan playing in the D3 SE tourny in basketball isn't giving up on that either. I hope the best for Logan and had hoped you two would as well. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logan has talent but the talent is hidden in the halls of the school and on the farms.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

moonshine wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am Logan has talent but the talent is hidden in the halls of the school and on the farms.
The halls of the new school are wider than the Hill top schools so it's harder to hide from the FB Coach but if you have some nifty moves he may need an assistant or 2 to help spot you .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lot of good sand lot boys not playing ball.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

moonshine wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am Logan has talent but the talent is hidden in the halls of the school and on the farms.
Hard to tell with Logan. Logan was able to beat Athens but barely beat a horrible Warren team week 10. Dale Amyx was part of the problem. Logan always beat teams with its massive depth advantage. By the end he was playing kids both ways. Kids stopped wanting to play at Logan. Even my friends that played at Logan never understood why they were playing both ways for every game
Last edited by Raider6309 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm
Hard to tell with Logan. Logan was able to beat Athens but barely beat a horrible Warren team week 10. Dale Amyx was part of the problem. Logan always beat teams with its massive depth advantage. By the end he was playing kids both ways. Kids stopped wanting to play at Logan. Even my friends that played at Logan never understood why they were playing both ways for every game
Coach Amy's was never "the Problem" at Logan.
He played his best kids period. If that meant some kids playing both ways then that's what was needed to win.

Yet another example of you talking out the wrong end....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”