CFB NEWS: Ohio State adding more opponents to their future schedules.

Valenth
SEOP

CFB NEWS: Ohio State adding more opponents to their future schedules.

Post by Valenth »

Courtesy FBSchedules:

Ohio State has announced several future football schedule changes and updates, which includes games with TCU, Washington, Boston College, Miami (OH), and Tulsa.

First, Ohio State announced Thursday a change for its planned 2018-19 home-and-home series with TCU. That series will be replaced by a single game vs. the Horned Frogs to be played on Sept. 15, 2018 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Per a copy of the game contract, both Ohio State and TCU will receive guarantees of $5 million for playing in the neutral-site game.

In place of the 2019 TCU game, Ohio State will now host Miami (OH) in Columbus on Sept. 21, 2019.

The release also announced a home-and-home series with Pac-12 opponent Washington. Those showdowns will take place Sept. 14, 2024 at Seattle’s Husky Stadium, and Sept. 13, 2025 at Ohio Stadium.

Also noted is the addition of home games with Bowling Green and Tulsa. Ohio State will host the Falcons on Sept. 5, 2020 and the Golden Hurricane on Sept. 18, 2021.

Finally, Ohio State’s scheduled 2023-24 home-and-home football series with Boston College has been moved to the 2026-27 season. Ohio State will host the Eagles Sept. 19, 2026, then visit Boston College on Sept. 18, 2027.

Thoughts on the additions?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: CFB NEWS: Ohio State adding more opponents to their future schedules.

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I really like the addition of Washington.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

me 2. would have rather seen 2 with the frogs though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Huskies are a good addition to the sked. I would like to see the MAC schools removed from the schedule and see more ACC and BIG 12 schools. I understand spreading the wealth in Ohio and playing a weak sister to build depth, but MAC schools do little to enhance CFP strength of schedule for the Bucks.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Like the Washington game but do not care much for the Miami, Ohio or the Boston College games.

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

Heard that Ohio State was looking to add Hocking College and Ohio University - Lancaster. THE Ohio State University is always known for their brave scheduling of non conference opponents in football and men's basketball.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Inspector must have changed his name again.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm Inspector must have changed his name again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: have to get the pictures out again :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Omega wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 am The Huskies are a good addition to the sked. I would like to see the MAC schools removed from the schedule and see more ACC and BIG 12 schools. I understand spreading the wealth in Ohio and playing a weak sister to build depth, but MAC schools do little to enhance CFP strength of schedule for the Bucks.

I have to throw a flag here. the mac can be very competitive, and early season can be giant slayers. it's good football chalked with big ten kids who were not quite good enough, or had other problems. and it's d1 teams. not d2 like so many schedule. with a rigorous big ten schedule and a team like Oklahoma, Washington, Tulsa. tcu and the like I see nothing wrong with a mac team for 1 game. and it's so financially beneficial to the smaller school. some of those kids never see a venue like ohio state in their playing days.i understand what omega is sayin. but now if it was Hofstra, or southern, or Delaware or somebody like that, I'd have to agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Baloney ! The MAC has been overrated for years in some fans minds. It is regularly ranked as a league BELOW FCS Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVFC), home of Youngstown St., North Dakota St, Northern Iowa, SouthDakota St, etc. The MVFC in fact beats FBS schools on a regular basis. The MAC is. Poor D-I league and their record shows poor results as well. Just check the annual strength of schedule rankings annually. MAC is. Cream puff.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “College Sports”