2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dang my computer is acting crazy trying to get on here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

I am hearing that the prognosis for Klaiber is good. He is off crutches after having no weight on his legs for 3 weeks to allow the fracture in his femur heal. The condition he has will eventually require surgery, but could be later in life. With some modified workouts in the gym, no deep squats, etc, he should be able to participate fully this season. Hoping for more good news this week after his follow up appointment.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Tigercannon71 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 am I heard the only reason Saban was given a contract extension was to keep the Tigers away. They were offering him the assistant to the OC job.
Was it close to the $7 Million he got at Alabama? I heard it was only $6.5 Million from Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I am pleased to her this young man is healin up.

and farmer. ironton has the money to top that offer to saban if pick n save and Giovanni's gets involved. we could still do this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

farmer wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 4:59 pm
Tigercannon71 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 am I heard the only reason Saban was given a contract extension was to keep the Tigers away. They were offering him the assistant to the OC job.
Was it close to the $7 Million he got at Alabama? I heard it was only $6.5 Million from Ironton.
It was actually $6 million, but they were throwing in a piece of the old bridge, lifetime membership to Tri-State Rehab, then as long as he was coach he could eat Giovannis for free, and Spriggs was throwing in a free keg of Natural Light a week.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

softballfan2112 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm I am hearing that the prognosis for Klaiber is good. He is off crutches after having no weight on his legs for 3 weeks to allow the fracture in his femur heal. The condition he has will eventually require surgery, but could be later in life. With some modified workouts in the gym, no deep squats, etc, he should be able to participate fully this season. Hoping for more good news this week after his follow up appointment.
That's great, thanks for the update.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Just heard the Ironton vs Burg game got moved to Saturday August 26th. Will be only game in the area. Talk about a big crowd. Might be one of the best attended games in regular season in years at Ironton.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

IBTT wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 1:17 pm Just heard the Ironton vs Burg game got moved to Saturday August 26th. Will be only game in the area. Talk about a big crowd. Might be one of the best attended games in regular season in years at Ironton.
Show up early, pay $5 and stand 4 deep on the fence.
Show up at halftime, get in free and sit wherever you want.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I have to agree with oak. Not visitor friendly and especially not neutral friendly. Ironton could use a bigger set of visitor seats.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 1:17 pm Just heard the Ironton vs Burg game got moved to Saturday August 26th. Will be only game in the area. Talk about a big crowd. Might be one of the best attended games in regular season in years at Ironton.

never was a fan of high school games on Saturday. because of college football.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

well bait since ohio state doesn't start til the31st it wont be an issue;)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

awesome. I thought about that myself after I typed that some time later. thanks blitz. that should make fer a huge crowd.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Sure they were not looking at last years schedule Friday was the 26th.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have no idea. the only Saturday game I ever remember having outsides the playoffs was a Saturday game where the ironton field was flooded Friday.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 am I have no idea. the only Saturday game I ever remember having outsides the playoffs was a Saturday game where the ironton field was flooded Friday.
We played that Washington DC team on a Saturday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

too long ago fer an ole man like me to remember, I'm sure there was some though.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I talked to a player and they said it was moved to Saturday. I guess it is obvious money and Ironton attendance has been way down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it really has. I've missed a bunch of em myself because of health issues 77.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Just heard that Ironton had a kid going to some special academic event at a college during the summer. Only a few kids are picked to participate in these type events and the head coach talks him out of it. I am not sure what was said but the kid would miss some physical fitness time and the coach said that he could not hold his spot when he returned. Every time I get to thinking that I believe in this staff they let me down.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Game day wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:18 pm Just heard that Ironton had a kid going to some special academic event at a college during the summer. Only a few kids are picked to participate in these type events and the head coach talks him out of it. I am not sure what was said but the kid would miss some physical fitness time and the coach said that he could not hold his spot when he returned. Every time I get to thinking that I believe in this staff they let me down.
I guess the term "student-athlete" is just a lie. If this is true, it is a darn shame. If it were my kid, I would tell him to go anyway and to heck with football.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Return to “Football”