Freshman Team

Re: If your league were to add a school

Post by route7 »

TVC should boot Athens

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 1:42 am SVC- Waverly. Just makes sense.
Makes sense for who? Huntington? Paint Valley? Southeastern? Waverly consistently has well over 200 boys, usually near 240 or so per year in grades 9-11. Paint Valley, Huntington, Adena, Southeastern all consistently have in the low 100's to near 140's consistently.

The ONLY school this might benefit is Unioto, who now has someone closer to them in size, and offers the multiple sports that they also offer and with the amount of kids in Waverly, they can consistently make up good soccer, cross country, golf, tennis and track teams, where the 4 I mentioned struggle with numbers at every one of those sports.

The U can find its way into the SOC II, or the new league with Chilli before the SVC lets in a big school that makes it even more top heavy than it is now!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

route7 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am TVC should boot Athens
Why?
Can't beat them?
Get better....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Ironton St. Joe to SOC I, move South Webster down SOC I setting up 2 divisions in all sports except football, of course, with either a 14 or 16 game conference schedule all other sports, and then round robin conference schedule for football (both Northwest and Oak Hill move up to SOC II when/if Western adds football). Then maybe add Manchester to SOC I for Football-only.

Add Gallia Academy to the TVC Ohio to make 8 teams in the TVC Ohio, then an OVC/SOC Merger creating a 24 team league (SOVC) + maybe Manchester for football only (6+1,7,7 in football; 4,6,4 in soccer; 10,7,7 for all other sports). An alternate option to the SOVC is keep Gallia Academy and add River Valley to the OVC division of the SOVC and move Portsmouth to the SOC II division of the SOVC creating this set up in a 26-team league: (6+1,8,8 for football, 5,5,5 in Soccer with Valley staying down, 10,8,8 all other sports).

Add Fort Frye to the TVC Hocking to make 10 teams there (round robin continues in football, 2-division setup in all other sports with 16 game conference schedules; excludes Cross Country and Track & Field which would be 1 division).

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

king kong wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:14 am
Makes sense for who? Huntington? Paint Valley? Southeastern? Waverly consistently has well over 200 boys, usually near 240 or so per year in grades 9-11. Paint Valley, Huntington, Adena, Southeastern all consistently have in the low 100's to near 140's consistently.

The ONLY school this might benefit is Unioto, who now has someone closer to them in size, and offers the multiple sports that they also offer and with the amount of kids in Waverly, they can consistently make up good soccer, cross country, golf, tennis and track teams, where the 4 I mentioned struggle with numbers at every one of those sports.

The U can find its way into the SOC II, or the new league with Chilli before the SVC lets in a big school that makes it even more top heavy than it is now!
Only decent way I see that working out is if the SVC also adds a 10th school like Wellston or Vinton County to create a big school/little school divisions with Adena, Huntington, Paint Valley, Piketon, and Southeastern in the little school division and Unioto, Waverly, Westfall, Zane Trace, and the 10th school in the big school division. Then play 8 conference games in football and 16 conference games in all other sports; includes 1 protected cross-over rival to play annually in football and twice in all other sports.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chillicothe and Unioto didn't like each other at one time and at that time I couldn't see them in the same league. Don't know about how things are now.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

In Waverly's case, numbers have not made them a dominant power over the last 45 years. There have been some great Waverly teams in that span, but more often than not Tiger football and basketball would have been middle of the pack in the SVC. The real argument for Waverly being in the SVC is that their community socially and economically identifies with Chillicothe and Ross County more so than they do with their Scioto County brethren.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

If Waverly were to be added to the SVC they would have to add a smaller school, like Beaver Eastern, to make a Small School and Big School Divisions like the SOC 1 and 2. That's the only way I see it making sense for Waverly playing in the SVC.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Take beaver eastern and oak hill and northwest out of soc 1 and get smaller schools in there it would be only fair

SOC 1
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

noreply66 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Chillicothe and Unioto didn't like each other at one time and at that time I couldn't see them in the same league. Don't know about how things are now.

They play in a lot of sports, but I can't see them being in the same conference until Chillicothe can show that they will stay in one place for a while. I don't think that there are any underlying issues, as there aren't really any issues when the schools play.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

HighLightReel wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:10 pm If Waverly were to be added to the SVC they would have to add a smaller school, like Beaver Eastern, to make a Small School and Big School Divisions like the SOC 1 and 2. That's the only way I see it making sense for Waverly playing in the SVC.
Agreed 100%. I was just answering for the one school, but it would have to be 2.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

If you look at the numbers, Unioto at 253 and growing yearly should move to the Frontier league (Chilli 387, Greenfield 236, Hillsboro 282, Jackson 289, Miami Trace 268 and Court House 255) and then Waverly with 228 would be a lot better fit in the SVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wheelersburg to the ovc.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I want them fellers

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

route7 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am TVC should boot Athens

Are you stoopid? They want to discuss who we should add.

Return to “Football”