Unioto 11-3, 17-6
Adena 10-4, 11-11
Zane Trace 9-5, 14-9
Westfall 7-7, 8-15
Southeastern 6-8, 8-10
Huntington 5-9, 12-11
Piketon 5-9, 11-12
Paint Valley 3-11, 9-14
Last edited by petesweaty on Thu May 04, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC 2017

Post by BlueDuck »

svcsportszone.com lists Adena at 10-10.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pretty sure they didn't understand that they lost to Logan in a rain shortened game and they didn't report it. Unsure of what was difficult to understand, because Logan was winning in the bottom of the 6th and the game was at Logan...game over.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

danicalifornia wrote:Pretty sure they didn't understand that they lost to Logan in a rain shortened game and they didn't report it. Unsure of what was difficult to understand, because Logan was winning in the bottom of the 6th and the game was at Logan...game over.
Who was ahead after 5 innings?

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Does it matter who was winning after 5? Adena got to hit in the 6th.. Logan was the home team and was winning in the bottom of the 6th.. They are the winners, correct?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Logan was up 6-0 after 5.

Adena 9
Piketon 6

Adena finishes 2nd

Westfall 3
Southeastern 1

Westfall finishes 4th

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Rufus wrote:Does it matter who was winning after 5? Adena got to hit in the 6th.. Logan was the home team and was winning in the bottom of the 6th.. They are the winners, correct?
No, I just thought if Adena was ahead after 5 they may have been confused on the rules, thinking the 6th needed to be completed for Logan to win.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Unioto 11-3, 17-6
Adena 10-4, 11-11
Zane Trace 9-5, 14-9
Westfall 7-7, 8-15
Southeastern 6-8, 8-10
Huntington 5-9, 12-11
Piketon 5-9, 11-12
Paint Valley 3-11, 9-14

League play is done. Some non-league games to be played before the tournament.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Logan won the game 6-0. It was called in the sixth inning.
It was not reported or added to the Adena record for the tournament draw.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

After 5/6 games

Unioto 11-3, 17-6
Adena 10-4, 11-11
Zane Trace 9-5, 16-9
Westfall 7-7, 9-16
Southeastern 6-8, 10-10
Huntington 5-9, 12-13
Piketon 5-9, 11-13
Paint Valley 3-11, 9-14

Saturday games:
Piketon lost to Minford
Westfall split with Whiteoak
Zane Trace swept Lucasville Valley
Southeastern swept Eastern Brown
Huntington lost two games at ND Wood Bat.
Last edited by petesweaty on Sat May 06, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Very nice year for the Tanks on the backs of three very strong pitchers. Southeastern was a bit of a disappointment, as was Adena. Even though the Warriors finished second in the league I expected their overall record to be way better with that much experience. Zane Trace had a much better year than I had anticipated.

Tourney time is a brand new season. Hopefully the league can send someone on a nice run.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I really like the chances of the SVC getting 3 teams to the District Finals.

Unioto will have a rough road, but should win their first 2 games if their pitching maintains what they've done all year.

The winners of the Adena/Piketon and ZT/Huntington/Westfall pods have favorable District Semifinal matchups. It's been a rough non conference year, but that should have the league ready to make a little bit of noise in the next couple weeks.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

39-34 SVC non conference.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Went 59-37 (including tournament) in the non conference last year.

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 pm I really like the chances of the SVC getting 3 teams to the District Finals.

Unioto will have a rough road, but should win their first 2 games if their pitching maintains what they've done all year.

The winners of the Adena/Piketon and ZT/Huntington/Westfall pods have favorable District Semifinal matchups. It's been a rough non conference year, but that should have the league ready to make a little bit of noise in the next couple weeks.
Not giving the OVC much credit in district semi's are you Dani? SP has been a roller coaster team for the better part of 2 seasons but have beat some pretty good ball clubs. They're the favorite to matchup with Adena barring an upset to either club. In your other pod you have ZT/Huntington or Westfall taking out Coal Grove. Coal Grove isn't the greatest hitting team but have 2 above average pitchers so one of those squads had better be able to hit well or have a top flight pitcher to knock off the hornets. Not taking anything away from the SVC teams they always have a good baseball conference as far back as I can remember but don't take the OVC lightly it was very competitive this season these teams are battle tested.

Anonymousallball
Waterboy

Post by Anonymousallball »

A lot of good talent in the league especially when it comes to the slingers. From the top down:

Unioto:
Patterson, Edler, Ooten

Adena:
Free, Dawson, Blevins when healthy

Zane Trace:
Brooks, Lambert

Westfall:
Nunamaker

Southeastern:
Popp

Huntington:
Smith

Piketon:
Vulgamore, Spires, Crabtree

Paint Valley:
Mettler

A lot of youth on many of these teams which will make next year very interesting. Unioto should still be the favorite even with losing three contributing seniors. They return three of the four pitchers that they have used this year and will add a new name to their roster that will prove to be exciting.

Piketon will only get better. Great young team that just needs some discipline. Bum has done a great by them this far.

Paint Valley is another team to exect growth from but I think they will still be one year away. Younger less experienced team whose strength in schedule has only came from SVC play.

Adena loses a lot but are always prepared and Zane Trace always puts up a fight. Southeastern will peak some interest since they lose a talented senior class.

As league play on most nights has been interesting it can be assumed that playoff play will be the same.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

As of 5/9

Unioto 11-3, 18-6
Adena 10-4, 11-12
Zane Trace 9-5, 16-10
Westfall 7-7, 10-16
Southeastern 6-8, 10-10
Huntington 5-9, 12-13
Piketon 5-9, 11-14
Paint Valley 3-11, 10-14

Regular Season Monday scores:
Coal Grove 3 Piketon 1
Oak Hill 12 Zane Trace 7
Unioto 6 Logan Elm 0
Washington CH 12 Adena 11
Paint Valley 5 Alexander 0

Regular Season Tuesday score:
Westfall 12 Circleville 1
Last edited by petesweaty on Tue May 09, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Championship07 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 pm I really like the chances of the SVC getting 3 teams to the District Finals.

Not giving the OVC much credit in district semi's are you Dani? SP has been a roller coaster team for the better part of 2 seasons but have beat some pretty good ball clubs. They're the favorite to matchup with Adena barring an upset to either club. In your other pod you have ZT/Huntington or Westfall taking out Coal Grove. Coal Grove isn't the greatest hitting team but have 2 above average pitchers so one of those squads had better be able to hit well or have a top flight pitcher to knock off the hornets. Not taking anything away from the SVC teams they always have a good baseball conference as far back as I can remember but don't take the OVC lightly it was very competitive this season these teams are battle tested.
You are probably correct if the OVC is as competitive as you say it is. I haven't seen anyone from the OVC this year, so I was just basing it on recent history. Hopefully, I'm the correct one lol, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong.

crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Post by crashdavis188 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 am
Championship07 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 am

You are probably correct if the OVC is as competitive as you say it is. I haven't seen anyone from the OVC this year, so I was just basing it on recent history. Hopefully, I'm the correct one lol, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong.
Piketon has played both OVC co-champions Gallia and Coal Grove, split with Gallia, (PHS9-7w,,2-1L) Coal Grove3-1 over Piketon, CG scored 2 times top of 7 to win. Bottom line,if either OVC champs were in the SVC they would be middle of pack at best.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Crashdavis if you've been around sports much, especially Baseball, you know comparing scores doesn't mean squat. Those 2 teams you mentioned are probably not the best 2 teams in the OVC. Yeah they won but a couple plays here or there and u have 2 different teams at top I can't believe Gallia tied for 1st. My god Fairland beat Gallia and they are very weak.... The top 5 teams in the OVC would play with any SVC school...Coal Grove is not a very good defensive team but have a couple decent pitchers....I've watched almost all those SVC teams and none of them are dominate.... We'll find out shortly who does what but the OVC is every bit as good as SVC this year... I bet Portsmouth who finished 6th in OVC and is an 11 seed wins their 1st game.....

Return to “Baseball”