OVC 2017

mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: OVC 2017

Post by mrwonderful »

I wonder how many times you raised helllllllll about a strike 3 call that was obviously a ball? lol

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

OVC is coming down to the wire...5 team raise to the finish with fairland and the storied Trojans bringing up the rear...Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.... Todays society gets butt hurt pretty easy now days unless you sugarcoat facts....

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Yes Hill jack there are plenty of good umpires out there but that does not diminish the fact that HS strike zone has gotten expanded to the point their treating these ball players like their in biddy league.....There's also plenty of bad ones...

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

mrwonderful wrote:I wonder how many times you raised helllllllll about a strike 3 call that was obviously a ball? lol
Maybe once or twice, or a few. Ok, you got me, maybe bunches. LOL

baseball5
Waterboy

Post by baseball5 »

Rock Hill defeated Portsmouth tonight 2-1. Landon smith puts on a dominating performance.

baseball5
Waterboy

Post by baseball5 »

does anyone have the Gallia-Chesapeake score?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

didn't mean to get your panties in a wad, just adding to the point....if you have the time and love the game, get back into it and help generate the change.I guess the point Im trying to make is this, this forum will not lead to one thing being changed, there has been and always will be a need for good people to step up and officiate games,
I remember my days of coaching, and also as an Umpire, the one thing I always heard was be consistent,

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mrwonderful wrote:OVC is coming down to the wire...5 team raise to the finish with fairland and the storied Trojans bringing up the rear...Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.... Todays society gets butt hurt pretty easy now days unless you sugarcoat facts....

careful mr. orndorff, you may get on the last nerve of a Trojan fan.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

baseball5 wrote:does anyone have the Gallia-Chesapeake score?

Gallia won in 8 innings, 7-5

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: careful mr. orndorff, you may get on the last nerve of a Trojan fan.
I don't argue with men who wear dresses...

:mrgreen:

Watson40
Waterboy

Post by Watson40 »

Good conversation about umps, except for the verbal sniping haha. I believe letsgopsu was sincere when he said to go umpire. There is actually a tremendous shortage of decent umps. I haven't seen any overly wide strike zones. I don't know how I would react to that because I always coached my kids to defend the strike zone that blue has shown. But if they are truly 3-4 inches outside, then ouch. That is bad. I am more concerned with consistency. If they call it both ways then both teams have the advantage/ disadvantage of that ridiculous zone.

But keep in mind, on any call, one team is happy and one is mad. What are your records? I always see worse umpires when I lose haha. Last summer we lost 13 games. I will be darned if those weren't the 13 worst plate umps I have ever seen! :lol:

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Watson40 wrote:Good conversation about umps, except for the verbal sniping haha. I believe letsgopsu was sincere when he said to go umpire. There is actually a tremendous shortage of decent umps. I haven't seen any overly wide strike zones. I don't know how I would react to that because I always coached my kids to defend the strike zone that blue has shown. But if they are truly 3-4 inches outside, then ouch. That is bad. I am more concerned with consistency. If they call it both ways then both teams have the advantage/ disadvantage of that ridiculous zone.

But keep in mind, on any call, one team is happy and one is mad. What are your records? I always see worse umpires when I lose haha. Last summer we lost 13 games. I will be darned if those weren't the 13 worst plate umps I have ever seen! :lol:
Our team in Kentucky is 13-4.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ ... /?id=50360

It was called the same both ways. The opposing team's coaches were almost thrown out 3 times for arguing balls and strikes. I was in the booth so I am able to look directly down at the plate.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

As long as the game is being called both ways, then good teams adapt to the strike zone. Bad ones whine about it when it doesn't go in their favor. Period! If its close enough to call with 2 strikes then swing the bat. What also ticks me off is when a player watches 2 pitches down the middle then gripes about strike three being too high etc. The name of the game is swing the bat. I can remember a certain Latino player stating when asked why he never walks in games, "I didn't get off the island by walking."

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point has split their games with just about every team in the OVC except for Peaking Peake and Fairland twice. This Friday they play Coal Grove for the final OVC matchup.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Watson is correct, The whole nation needs umpires, there are times when umpires need to travel for an hour or more to call games in Pa.Just not enough numbers to cover the week long slate, consistency is key, be consistent and fair, that's all I ever really wanted as a coach

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

4/28. Rock Hill over Ironton 2-0 in 8 innings

RH Overall Record: 10-4 OVC Record: 8-4

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Big Win for Portsmouth!

Portsmouth 8
Gallia 1

http://mydailytribune.com/sports/15020/ ... ils-in-ovc

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Portsmouth is now 6-11 overall and 5-8 in the OVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Phoenix31 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: careful mr. orndorff, you may get on the last nerve of a Trojan fan.
I don't argue with men who wear dresses...

:mrgreen:

we should get along like peas n carrots then.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Coal Grove and South Point score from last night ?

Return to “Baseball”