WATCH FER TICK'S YA'LL.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WATCH FER TICK'S YA'LL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THEY IS CRAWLING AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE HERE AT LAKE WHITE, SPECIALLY THEM LIL MICROSCOPIC FARTS.
PUT THAT KENNY CHESNEY SONG ON ''I'D LIKE TO CHECK YOU FOR TICKS'' WHILST YER IN THE SHOWER, AND SING TO YER SIGNIFIGANT OTHER AND KINDLY ASK EM TO ::)) LOOK YOU OVER FROM TOP TO BOTTOM FER THEM LIL BUGGERS. LEAVE NO STONE OVERTURNED. DON''T WANT NO SEOPERS GETTIN TICK FEVER OUT THERE.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Re: WATCH FER TICK'S YA'LL.

Post by cbolt »

Done found a couple crawling on me, I think it's from letting my outside cat in and getting on my lap,also had to get one off his neck.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Every month year round vet recommended revolution would take care of that on your cat. Might get on him and try to suck blood and bring a few in but they would be dead soon after real quick. But who can afford the stuff, I heard it went up to 19 bucks for one. Crazy! But they say you should put it on your pets every month, it's not just for flea season late summer early fall, it kills everything just about that a pet can pick up outside then bring it in to the house. Ear mites will be starting here pretty soon. Mosquitos will be coming out too very soon as well, and revo helps pets out on both of them too. Ticks must be bad this year, we had a pretty easy winter. Glad I'm not going shroom hunting this year, probably be all over ya. :shock: :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you ought to have to buy frontline for a 210 pound English mastiff. just double everything you buy medicine wise.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:you ought to have to buy frontline for a 210 pound English mastiff. just double everything you buy medicine wise.
:P :P Try Revolution, the dog kind. It even kills worms in them Bait. Hookworms and roundworms. It even helps stop heartworms. Kills ear mites and fleas/eggs/larva. Good stuff, but for two 200 plus pound mastiff's, it would be expensive as well. :shock: Ask you vet about revolution, really good stuff Bait.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I still got some,trying to save it for June and after.I thought about using it the other night when I saw that tick on his neck.Heck you wouldn't need that stuff around here in the winter.Just be a waste of money them things are dormant in cold weather.Thought I heard awhile back fleas got immune to that frontline.Big D used some on his weiner dog and it worked the first time but wouldn't work after that.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You can't beat Revolution, my vet told me that 4 to 5 years ago. The vet on 664 told me that too, it works miracles and kills other stuff besides fleas. Bolt I think you was the one that told me revo went up to 19 bucks a dose, was it you? I can't remember, but it was just recently I was told that by someone. Agree Bolt not really needed in the winter by taking care of the pet in the high flea time of year. Middle July, all of August and September, but they say they can still live on animals warm bodies and live and still multiply in warm domains (homes) in the winter if they are bad enough and had no treatment. Best thing to do is try killing them all off right before winter imo, on the animal and in the home if ya think they are in there. I mentioned that to two vets and they both said it should be kept on them year round, but like I mentioned who can afford the stuff. I think it's way over priced for as little as the tubes are but it don't take much of it to work for the amount a cat needs, but I still think there's a 300% mark up on the stuff because they know people need it that cares about they're pet and don't want fleas in the home. One vet told me if fleas are bad enough they can kill a dog or a cat and even get people sick if the home is invested. Cause worms too in any living thing if a bad flea is swallowed. I'm like you though, I start watching when the heat time comes, I can't afford the stuff, and imo I don't think it's good to be in a cats or dog's system all the time. Just kill them off when flea season is at it's highest. I'm even going to get the pellets for the yard this year that kills all insects. You watch the weather and spread it right before it rains, the pellets melt when it rains and goes down into the grass and soil. Should be done right before it rains and your pets down time. Suppose to be safe for pets and people after a good rain. Don't have to use Syphotrol this year and didn't last year, my inside cats don't go outside, but I check myself after mowing and take my clothes off in the garage and walk to the house on the sidewalk with a clean towel rapped around my waist, :lol: :lol: :lol: then I take a bath. :lol: :lol: I heard that too about frontline plus. How many frontline brands have they got now? They have to of had to try and and get better stuff on the market, they was big at onetime. I use to put it on my Dogs all the time before they past away. Wish they would of had Revolution back then, it works wonders. Peace, I'm hitting sandville land, had a hard day and will have another tomorrow. :(

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:you ought to have to buy frontline for a 210 pound English mastiff. just double everything you buy medicine wise.
:P :P Try Revolution, the dog kind. It even kills worms in them Bait. Hookworms and roundworms. It even helps stop heartworms. Kills ear mites and fleas/eggs/larva. Good stuff, but for two 200 plus pound mastiff's, it would be expensive as well. :shock: Ask you vet about revolution, really good stuff Bait.

wow, i'll call to call and see how much that is. it sounds awesome.
and I only have the 1 now. maximus had to be put to sleep because of cancer this past Christmas.i sure miss that feller. him n kimbo was brothers from the same litter.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the fleas around here were alive even during the winter. I even had to have the house sprayed. during the middle of the winter this past winter. the frontline kept them off of the dog. but we must have tracked em in somehow. it was panda-leeria fer a few weeks.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:

and I only have the 1 now. maximus had to be put to sleep because of cancer this past Christmas.i sure miss that feller. him n kimbo was brothers from the same litter.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote: :P :P Try Revolution, the dog kind. It even kills worms in them Bait. Hookworms and roundworms. It even helps stop heartworms. Kills ear mites and fleas/eggs/larva. Good stuff, but for two 200 plus pound mastiff's, it would be expensive as well. :shock: Ask you vet about revolution, really good stuff Bait.

Sorry to hear about you dog Bait, I know how you feel buddy. It hurts and ya miss them like crazy, they are like family members and become apart of your everyday life and true best friends. Had to put our Lab down a couple years ago, she had cancer, put two of my other dogs down, one back in 2007, and one in 2008 for old age. Had a yellow lab put down in 2003 with cancer.Ones hips went bad and the other something went wrong with his heart, all four was in bad terrible crying pain, yelp with the slightest move and the vet recommended it, really didn't have a choice, I didn't want them suffering. We will see our buddies again when our time comes, I really believe that the good lord has them waiting on us when we enter heaven.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they are like my sons since I been an empty nester fer like 10 years. and the mrs. working. it just ain't the same here now.when kimbo is gone I gotta get my right knee replaced before I think about another dog. my left knee was done like 18 years ago. then i'll have a matching set to walk another big ole dog er 3 with.

Return to “The Off season”