Jr High Scores and Stats

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Jr High Scores and Stats

Post by rxburgfan »

if humor makes me an idiot then what does it say about a person who doesn't seem to recognize the humor? I think it says a lot. Welcome to SEOPs and hopefully your posts will get better than "your an idiot". Gives you a little something to work on.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Wednesday night, Burg over Northwest, looking forward to Wellston game, however weather may be a factor.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Green 9
Webster 7

Very competitive game.

GreenBasketball11
Riding the Bench

Post by GreenBasketball11 »

Green H.S. Baseball Boosters will be hosting a Junior High girls and boys tournament "Battle of the Bats" May 19th- 21st. Deadline to register is May 12th. $150 entrance fee per team. Double Elimination. Awards will be given to the winning team and runner up as well as a MVP award per game.
Game balls and umpire fees are included in the entrance fee. For more information and a registration form contact Rachel Ramey @ rramey@greenbobcats.org or by text or phone 740-935-1542.

Location of the Green High School Athletic Fields
46 Braunlin Rd.
Franklin Furnace, Ohio 45629

Concessions will be available.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Thursday night Burg over Notre Dame

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Well the Tournament bracket is out. Here's a quick look.

8.Portsmouth VS 9. West

7. South Webster VS 10. Western

4. Minford VS 5. North West

3. Notre Dame VS 6. Green

1. Burg 2. Oak Hill both with BYES.

Thoughts on seeding? Matchups to watch? Players to watch?

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Looks like most people were pretty close on there preseason picks & some were way off

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

For the most part I think it's close to what we expected. Seeing most these teams play all season I'll say one bracket is a lot stronger than the other.

You have all in the same bracket
Notre Dame who only lost to Burg, Oak Hill and Green this season I believe.
Green who aside from the weekend their pitcher was out with injury only lost to Burg, Oak Hill, Notre Dame
South Webster the only team to beat Burg
Oak Hill their only loss on the season was Burg.

To me that bracket is going to be "popcorn worthy" lol

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

If the South Webster pitcher is on they could surprise everyone. Saw them play 3 times, played the burg tough twice wining the second game. Players to watch hasn't changed since first day of season. Sturgill and Hughes had big seasons, their experience on the summer tours have made them standouts. Surprise of the season is the pitcher from the Burg, Hayley Corona. She was in control every time Coach Morrow gave her the ball.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Burg over Wellston 9-2, Hayley Corona pitched very well and several Burg girls had big games hitting. Sturgill homered again but others hit the the ball hard off a good Wellston pitcher. Getting ready for the final weekend.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Clay 14 Unioto 2
Clay 9 Waverly Gold 1

Softballfan76
Waterboy

Post by Softballfan76 »

Sunday April 23 Games

Rock Hill 8th over Green 6-1
Green over Rock Hill 7th 8-7
Coal Grove over Vinson (WV) 13-0

Clay over Unioto 14-2
Clay over Waverly Gold 9-1
Waverly Gold over Jackson Gold 2-1
Jackson Gold over Peebles 8-7
Valley over Peebles 7-5
Valley over Unioto 8-6
Eastern over Jackson Silver 14-2
Eastern over Piketon 14-2
Waverly Silver over North Adams 15-8
Manchester Silver over Jackson Silver 22-5
North Adams over Manchester Silver 9-7

Did not get the score of the Piketon v Waverly Silver game.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

The next game of the year is this Wednesday at Rock Hill. The Burg goes to Lawrence County.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Severino wrote:The next game of the year is this Wednesday at Rock Hill. The Burg goes to Lawrence County.
I will take Burg over Rock HIll. Rock Hill has good (fast) pitching with a few other standouts. Burgs lineup is solid throughout and that is where the difference will be.

Burg's hitters struggled against the Clay pitcher who has good speed but she was able to keep them off balance with a great change up. If the Rock HIll pitcher has a similar change up to go with the speed of her fastball the score could be closer than I think. If she doesn't Burg's hitters are too good and will be able to adjust to the speed of the fastball.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

This will go Burgs way. Watched Rock Hill a couple times and watched Burg a couple times. Rock Hill would be the 3rd or 4th best team in the League Burg plays in. Pitcher throws decent speed but wouldn't call it fast struggles with accuracy and nothing to show off speed.
Hitting wise it's a Huge advantage Burg. Rock Hill might be solid 1-4 hitting. Burg I consider solid 1-7.
Defensively I give the edge to Burg as well.

Should still be a good game though.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ColdHardTruth wrote:Rock Hill would be the 3rd or 4th best team in the League Burg plays in.
Not sure who you put above Rock Hill besides Burg in the league Wheelersburg plays in. The only one that I would consider would be Oak Hill. But Rock Hill and Oak Hill tied when they played. I would be interested in who you have that would push them down to 4th best.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I'd put Oak Hill above them easily. I got them on the same tier as Notre Dame, Minford, Green and Northwest.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

I would put Rock Hill in the top 6 teams from all the teams talked about on here along with Wheelersburg, Oak Hill, Wellston, Clay and Coal Grove.

Rock hill has played two teams on that list and have tied both (Oak Hill and Coal Grove). I would take Rock Hill against any of those teams you named as the same tier as them.

But I think we both agreed that Burg will come away with the win.

Severino
Waterboy

Post by Severino »

Burg goes to Clay tonight, Coach Morrow wants his kids to play, enjoys the competition. With two games of this caliber back to back, unless the Burg #1 can go both games this will be the biggest challenge of the year for the Burg team. Of course what do I know, I think the South Webster team is in the top 5.

FlipSide
Waterboy

Post by FlipSide »

:D
Severino wrote:Burg goes to Clay tonight, Coach Morrow wants his kids to play, enjoys the competition. With two games of this caliber back to back, unless the Burg #1 can go both games this will be the biggest challenge of the year for the Burg team. Of course what do I know, I think the South Webster team is in the top 5.
We still think you know what you are talking about, South Webster comment aside!

Return to “Softball”