Wellston
9%

Total votes: 74

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017 TVC-Ohio Preview/Predictions

Post by 93Bulldog »

bearcat74 wrote:NY is the favorite in my opinion
Why? They lost almost all offensive production, Athens returns all of its with the exception of Sano, who wasnt the starter to begin the year. Junior Treyce Albin was.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:
Why? They lost almost all offensive production, Athens returns all of its with the exception of Sano, who wasnt the starter to begin the year. Junior Treyce Albin was.
You will find out why soon enough :lol: :lol:
NY returns a bunch of starters. Will have a QB who will surprise many and we can plug and play at running back.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who are returning starters?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:Who are returning starters?
We had 6 seniors so let's just say a lot lol
Seriously, all of our receivers, a few Days backs, 2 or 3 olinemen.
Our biggest and hardest to replace area is linbacker.
It will be impossible to replace Andrews and Berry's production on defense.
Look for the Bucks to spread the ball around a lot on offense. This may be one of the fastest​ teams ever at NY.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
h989
Riding the Bench

Post by h989 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
You will find out why soon enough :lol: :lol:
NY returns a bunch of starters. Will have a QB who will surprise many and we can plug and play at running back.
Buckeyes will have speed for days -- in addition a big line that will only get better

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be interesting what NY has. Seemed like they had a bunch of seniors. Athens should be pretty decent

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Backs, lineman, speed.

How about names?

username_redacted
Waterboy

Post by username_redacted »

Any update on a coach at Alexander? Doubt they even beat Federal Hocking this season, but curious to see who leads program

Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.

-Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:!:
Raider6309 wrote:Be interesting what NY has. Seemed like they had a bunch of seniors. Athens should be pretty decent
They had 6

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote:Be interesting what NY has. Seemed like they had a bunch of seniors. Athens should be pretty decent

Including their QB (Hunter Edwards), TB (Alex Mount), FB/MLB(Noah Andrews), TE (Aaron Davis), TE/WR (Christian Berry), T (Chilcote), G (Blake), G (Matt Carter), T (Skylar Canter).

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Idk what orange and brown is talking about. NY had 13 seniors that were their best players. NY held back those skill players to be in the same grade as the good linemen.

So it will be interesting what NY has after losing two classes in one year.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Raider6309 wrote:Idk what orange and brown is talking about. NY had 13 seniors that were their best players. NY held back those skill players to be in the same grade as the good linemen.

Good Thing NY has an excellent Jr. class who has always won after these seniors have moved on. The cupboard isn't bare. And since bulldog93 announces the games he remembers Cook, Maiden, Williams, Richards, Wend, Parker-Lent, Wilburn, Jones, Downs, Seel, and others at the skill positions. Good luck containing all that speed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All I remember is Hunter keeper left, Hunter keeper right, Mount sweep left, Mount sweep right, Andrews dive up the middle.

;)

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Wow Bulldog what game did you watch? Unfortunately Mount got hurt early. I believe Maiden had over a 100 receiving and Wilburn out rushed anyone from bullpuppies.
But if it was so easy of Hunter Keep Right and Left and Andrews up the middle I would have thought Athens coaches could have figured out how to stop it or at least turned on the radio and got your advice on what to do.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

buckfan2016 wrote:Wow Bulldog what game did you watch? Unfortunately Mount got hurt early. I believe Maiden had over a 100 receiving and Wilburn out rushed anyone from bullpuppies.
But if it was so easy of Hunter Keep Right and Left and Andrews up the middle I would have thought Athens coaches could have figured out how to stop it or at least turned on the radio and got your advice on what to do.
Athens ran for 300 yards in one half with the exact same running play against NY the year before. Football is a basic sport at the high school level. It's easy to know the plays, the hard part is stopping it

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

footballfan wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Idk what orange and brown is talking about. NY had 13 seniors that were their best players. NY held back those skill players to be in the same grade as the good linemen.

Good Thing NY has an excellent Jr. class who has always won after these seniors have moved on. The cupboard isn't bare. And since bulldog93 announces the games he remembers Cook, Maiden, Williams, Richards, Wend, Parker-Lent, Wilburn, Jones, Downs, Seel, and others at the skill positions. Good luck containing all that speed.
Well apparently this is either a choice between NY or Athens for the TVC Ohio title in 2017.

I will give the edge to the team that plays defense. So congrats to NY for another championship.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckfan2016 wrote:Wow Bulldog what game did you watch? Unfortunately Mount got hurt early. I believe Maiden had over a 100 receiving and Wilburn out rushed anyone from bullpuppies.
hahahaha

1. I was just messing with you Buckeye fans trying to get you all wound up when there is still 5 months before football season starts.
2. I don't call football games.
3. You have to admit 90% of the offensive production has graduated. That doesn't mean there are not good football players waiting in the wings though.

SEOFBFAN
Waterboy

Post by SEOFBFAN »

1. NY
2. Wellston
3. Meigs
4. Athens
5. VC
6. RV
7. Alexander

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Don't summarily dismiss Vinton County. I can honestly see Vinton County contending for the league this year. The Vikings will have the best player in the league, in my opinion a Gridiron Glory Finalist, with multiple young receivers that are a year older and wiser, and an offensive line older, stronger, and much improved. The question mark for the Vikings, can they stop anyone? They will score points in bunches, but can they stop their opponent from getting into the end zone?

I can see it coming down to Vinton County and Athens. Vinton County does have Athens at home this year, but will have to travel to Nelsonville-York in week 9. However, the Buckeyes are talented, but they have a lot of young talent. Their year is next year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Be a down TVC Ohio year. Id would guess Athens and NY should go into week 10 for the title

Return to “Football”