SOC I 2017

brown22
Varsity

Re: SOC I 2017

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:
father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:
Yes they can. If a school does not field a sport, then they can play at a neighboring school district. Notre Dame does not field a soccer team, so a freshman at ND played soccer here at Minford.

100 percent false
Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school
Neighboring that mean same county or could they come to say Eastern from NB.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:
Mailman wrote:
father time wrote:

100 percent false
Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school
Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

Mailman wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Mailman wrote: Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school
Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.
It does not matter, if it is a public school that does not have a sport that student cannot play that sport at a different public school if not enrolled in that school, call OHSAA if still do not believe me.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

father time wrote:
Mailman wrote:
brown22 wrote:
It does not matter, if it is a public school that does not have a sport that student cannot play that sport at a different public school if not enrolled in that school, call OHSAA if still do not believe me.
If that is the case, but a kid can go from a private school to a public school then that is absolutely wrong. Some lawyer ought to fight a discrimination suit on this.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

minford17 wrote:
father time wrote:
Mailman wrote: Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.
If that is the case, but a kid can go from a private school to a public school then that is absolutely wrong. Some lawyer ought to fight a discrimination suit on this.
A charter school or home school or private school student can play a sport at a public school their school does not offer but only in the school district they reside in. A public school student cannot attend these schools previously mentioned (charter, private, etc) if the school they attend does not offer a sport.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:
father time wrote:
A charter school or home school or private school student can play a sport at a public school their school does not offer but only in the school district they reside in. A public school student cannot attend these schools previously mentioned (charter, private, etc) if the school they attend does not offer a sport.
That must be what I was thinking. I knew that you could. Just didn't know that it was limited to private schools.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

From OHSAA's Frequently Asked Questions

The public school my student attends does not offer a certain sport. Are students who want to play that sport eligible at a different school?

For a 'conventional' public school, NO. Bylaw 4-3-1 indicates that a student must be enrolled and attending full-time to have the privilege of athletic participation. Exception 6 of Bylaw 4-3-1 indicates that there is an exception in accordance with state law. The students who have an opportunity to participate on different school teams in accordance with state law are those who reside in a district and are students who attend the following types of schools: nonpublic schools, community schools and STEM schools. Students who are home schooled and live in a school district also have an opportunity to participate on those school teams. The language in the State law is not written to include students who attend conventional public schools that do not have a participation opportunity. Remember that the opportunity for non-enrolled students is at the residential public school only.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Now. Back on topic. Have any teams scrimmaged? ND scrimmaged West on Monday looked decent, especially for first time on field. Pitching was solid, bats were good although there were too many looking 3rd strikes and timing was off. Which is understandable seeing live pitching for 1st time. Defense was surprisingly better than I had anticipated with only a couple of minor miscues.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern scrimmaged South Webster tonight. Looked decent didn't hit real well but first live pitching the boys have seen. Have a lot of talent on the field couple kids rusty from taking time away, pitching wasn't bad but we will need to get a couple more pitchers. Eagles can win some games hoping this year starts a string of good years for us.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Conference Records
Clay 0-3
East 1-0
Eastern 1-2
Green 3-0
Notre Dame 3-0
Symmes Valley 0-2
Western 0-1
Last edited by Mailman on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Eastern 2
Clay 0

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Green 9
Symmes 1

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern is off to a 1-1 start dropping a tough 3-2 loss to Wellston and picking up a 2-0 win over Clay. Eagles have started 2 sophomore pitchers both games (Parker Clemmons, Cole Hasliop) and both have thrown complete games and pitched well. Clay Martin is one of the best catchers I've had the privilege to watch play it's going to be hard for teams to swipe bags on him. This Eagles team has more power at the plate than any recent Eagle team I've watched Ethan Leist, Dalton Tomilson, Clay Martin, Austin Canaday keep hitting the ball hard. 2 games in and I'm enjoying the baseball I've seen so far. Go Eagles.

GO EAGLES
Blockcharge6
Riding the Bench

Post by Blockcharge6 »

Sat. 4/1 Green 8 Symmes valley 2

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern split a DH with Valley today. Pretty sure we have lost Dalton Tomilson pitching for the year he is having a lot of discomfort in shoulder. Parker Clemmons, Cole Hasliop, Evan Leist (all sophmores) have looked good and will all log some innings. Clay Martin (Sr) will see some innings on the mound this year, after he settles into the role he will help a lot. Ethan Leist is looking good after taken a year off looks smooth at the plate and in the field. This Eagle team has potential ,hoping for a lot of good baseball games.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Clay 1
ND 6

Blockcharge6
Riding the Bench

Post by Blockcharge6 »

Green 6 Eastern 2