2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by Tigercannon71 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:ANY IDEA ROUGHLY HOW MANY WE'LL HAVE OUT. AND WILL THEY BE ABLE TO HAVE A FROSH TEAM.
Way to early to tell that YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well I didn't have any idea how many seniors we lost.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well I didn't have any idea how many seniors we lost.
The Fighting Tigers lose 13 Seniors

Jake Isaac -------- QB/S - 2 year starter - played both ways
Eli Willis ---------- TE/C - 2 year starter - played both ways
Andrew Scott ---- HB/S - first year starting, played 4 or 5 games before season ending injury
Jourdyn Barrow - HB/C - started the last half of the season on Defense
Travis Gayhart -- TE/DE - played sparingly
Chase Rowe ----- HB/S --- I don't believe he played this season due to injury
Vance Day ------- C/NG -- don't believe he played much this year due to injury
Isaiah Dodgion -- T/DT -- not sure how much he played
Levi Langdon ---- C/NG -- 2 year starter but missed the first half of this season due to injury
Tyler Webb ------ T/DT -- 4 year starter both ways
Larry Morris ----- T/DT -- first year playing, started on Defense
Tre Neal --------- K ------- I believe he was a 2 year starter at Kick offs and extra points

Feel free to correct anything I have wrong, just going from my memory.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ouch. hope they have a big class coming back out.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Every team loses players to graduation, we lost a couple good ones however I think we have a boat load coming back I've heard at least a couple freshmen will see playing time somewhere and last year the underclass men got a lot of experience, throw a few new ones to the mix I'm ready for a new season, hope those tigers are hitting the weights, won't be long tigers :!:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I HOPE WE HAVE A FULL BOAT N WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO WIN SOME OOC GAMES.

Tigertank19
Waterboy

Post by Tigertank19 »

The Tigers could be dealt a big blow as a senior lineman could be headed for surgery.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so who we talkin about here. I just want to know the young man is okay now.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

If it is the young man I think you are referring to, he is fine.He has a nagging situation that they just want to check to make sure it's not something more serious underlying. Will know more next week as he will undergo an MRI on Wednesday. There's no need to get ahead of ourselves and say he is headed for surgery. It's a non issue unless the MRI comes back horribly wrong, and we don't anticipate that. He is convinced that he is fine, and the doctor is just being cautious.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that sounds even better softball. prayers for a complete recovery.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Haven't heard anything about tiger lately, are the guys hitting weight? Been kind of quiet concerning our tigers, just wondering

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

timbo5252 wrote:Haven't heard anything about tiger lately, are the guys hitting weight? Been kind of quiet concerning our tigers, just wondering
There's a nice core of players who have taken the upcoming season as serious as I have seen a group in some time. Still have some missing from the workouts that should be there.

As for the kid mentioned above in the post about possible surgery is still not certain, but definitely not looking great at the moment. He is a worker and wants to play as bad as any kid I've seen. If he can at all play, I'm sure we will see him.

Currently the team looks good, getting strong and in shape. Everyone as of Monday except for the lineman mentioned above will be cleared from all injuries/surgeries.

3 months till physical fitness. Will be here before we know it. 7 on 7 is 2 months away.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any idea how many will be out ibtt.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Not sure total numbers, the senior class is extremely small, has been all throughout school. The upcoming freshman through junior classes are all very large and talented.

Though this senior class is small, they have a good amount of talent in little numbers. Just about all of the kids playing in that class are returning starters.

This year's Junior class is loaded and the sophomore class has some very good talent.

There is for sure one incoming freshman that should see some time, possibly later in the season, but he is a very good athlete.

This group has a chance to do quite well. There are plenty of skill players. Our line will end up telling the tale. We have enough good sized strong kids to have a good line, thing is most of them are young. With that being said, most of the youngsters played half the season last year where we didn't have the numbers last year. Hopefully this will be the year.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

IBTT wrote:Not sure total numbers, the senior class is extremely small, has been all throughout school. The upcoming freshman through junior classes are all very large and talented.

Though this senior class is small, they have a good amount of talent in little numbers. Just about all of the kids playing in that class are returning starters.

This year's Junior class is loaded and the sophomore class has some very good talent.

There is for sure one incoming freshman that should see some time, possibly later in the season, but he is a very good athlete.

This group has a chance to do quite well. There are plenty of skill players. Our line will end up telling the tale. We have enough good sized strong kids to have a good line, thing is most of them are young. With that being said, most of the youngsters played half the season last year where we didn't have the numbers last year. Hopefully this will be the year.
Yes, yes, but can they beat Wheelersburg?

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's the big elephant in the room ovc.can we beat the burg and set things right again against Russell, and Ashland, ky.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not taking anything for granted in ovc play either, though they have yet to be beaten in league play. it's turning into a sound league.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton needs to do what ironton don't do well at, and in this case for a different reason than normally. Ironton needs to quit looking into the past. This year's team is going to be very talented and should be very deep. As long as everything comes together, they could go on a deep run. The line is beginning to come together and the game plan seems to be looking good. It will all come down to being game one, will Ironton show up with confidence or like a deer in the headlites. Last year couldn't have gone any worse. I don't believe one kid didn't get caught watching what happened instead of reacting and getting back into it. This year hopefully the experience of these kids will make a huge difference.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I think Ironton problem is their staff. They have had talent but just can't seem to coach them up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll say this ''we still have the horses'' they ain't workin with a bare cupboard.

Return to “Football”