2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: 2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote:
greygoose wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Wasn't trying to compare him, just pointing out that talented known basketball players have played duel sports and it's worked out for them. Not trying to compare skill level.

He's more talented than what he shows. His heart probably more for basketball but if he would give more effort on football field, he would be an all state player, in my opinion. He could be dominant for this area, that is if he really worked at it. In the end, he's going to do what he thinks is best for him,and that's all that really matters.

Haven't seen him at basketball how were his stats this year??
Not sure but its probably around 17 per game average.

Before I say anymore, I want to put this out there and say he's a very talented kid and his worse day is better than my best. Just throwing it out there before someone says something.

Here's my opinion of him. He's a 6-5 wing player. He does not need to be under the basket, he's not a post and he shouldn't be there. They played him out front and he started the offense a lot. I don't think he's a point or a shooting guard. He can handle the ball extremely well but is not as quick as to say like Fox at south point. His shot is not good, he's a slasher and is best in transition. He doesn't give much effort on the defensive end but when he does he's above average. Right now he looks like a Marshall, OU, Morehead State type of player, maybe Cincinnati or a Wake Forrest. He's just a sophomore, so with some added muscle he could land in a bigger program.

Here's what I see in football. He has a size advantage on the outside. He has great hands. He's deceptively fast and even as skinny as he is he breaks a lot of tackles. If he worked at it, he could be something unique in that position. I think there are more like him in basketball than football.

Look, either way, he's a very talented kid and his future is bright. Not a bad position to be in. From what I have heard, he's a good kid and he will make the right decision for him. In the mean time, I hope he stays local, he's fun to watch.
It's gonna be fun watchin tanner the next couple yrs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

High school is a precious time. You never get a do over.

Play what you want to play, but there is plenty of evidence that you should do as much as you can with respect to multiple sports. There’s plenty of time to work on what might be your "favorite" sport or train.

Enjoy the few years as a high school student, with your friends, playing in front of people that support you.

Everything will work out it always does, sometimes these things get way over analyzed.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Abe Froman wrote:High school is a precious time. You never get a do over.

Play what you want to play, but there is plenty of evidence that you should do as much as you can with respect to multiple sports. There’s plenty of time to work on what might be your "favorite" sport or train.

Enjoy the few years as a high school student, with your friends, playing in front of people that support you.

Everything will work out it always does, sometimes these things get way over analyzed.
Worked well for spradlin a few years back

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

with lacrosse now an official sport. i wonder if burg will start up a team in the near future

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:I am just not seeing a move up in Divisions to D4.

Could be mistaken, but not from what I am hearing.
IKR!! i'm not really liking the potential jump to D4. the good thing is we wouldn't have to worry about cold h20 but there are plenty of powerhouse schools in D4
I just read where Coldwater dropped to D6.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BigBlueNation wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:I am just not seeing a move up in Divisions to D4.

Could be mistaken, but not from what I am hearing.
IKR!! i'm not really liking the potential jump to D4. the good thing is we wouldn't have to worry about cold h20 but there are plenty of powerhouse schools in D4
I just read where Coldwater dropped to D6.
i heard the same thing

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Any truth that the OC at Burg is wanting to leave? Sounds crazy to me....why leave the best program in the area?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ravensfan9 wrote:Any truth that the OC at Burg is wanting to leave? Sounds crazy to me....why leave the best program in the area?
Haven't heard that rumor but if were to leave it would be on the premise that he would like to be a head coach.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Who is the oc ?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

He could be a head coach for sure. Doubt it would be local. But off season always full of speculation.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Hearing that the Wheelersburg at Ironton game has been moved to Saturday this year. Any truth to the rumor?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If true, I think this is a great move.
Should be the only game in the area and the crowd could be even larger than normal.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg4 wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 9:36 pm Hearing that the Wheelersburg at Ironton game has been moved to Saturday this year. Any truth to the rumor?
that would be one hell of a crowd if it's true

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

That is correct. The Wheelersburg schedule shows the game on August 26 (Saturday) at 7:30

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

PirateBB wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 10:07 am That is correct. The Wheelersburg schedule shows the game on August 26 (Saturday) at 7:30
better get up there early :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
SportFanatic
Waterboy

Post by SportFanatic »

Here is the prediction for the Pirates this season. They sweep the league. make it 3rd round of playoffs and lose a close one. Mack Dyer is your starting Quarterback, with Cole Lowery used as multiple threat. They have alot of talent moving up. Should be interesting for competition within the team!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

the lowery kid surprised me in the final game. truly a 3 way competition in my mind. a lot of really good athletes on the team in all positions

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

The Dyer Kid is a 3000 yd passer !! That account for anything ?? Remember they are kids and they have rough days ... that game was cold and miserable ! No 3 way tie for QB ... it's clear who's the signal caller for the Pirates ... Dyer leads them
To the State finals ! Lowery is a wonderful addition offensively but Mack earned his spot and as far as the 3rd kid, I feel he's not developed and feet are slow ... he needs another year of Good experience !

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

pigskinguru wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:34 am The Dyer Kid is a 3000 yd passer !! That account for anything ?? Remember they are kids and they have rough days ... that game was cold and miserable ! No 3 way tie for QB ... it's clear who's the signal caller for the Pirates ... Dyer leads them
To the State finals ! Lowery is a wonderful addition offensively but Mack earned his spot and as far as the 3rd kid, I feel he's not developed and feet are slow ... he needs another year of Good experience !
dyer had a great year but I'm not sure he threw for 3000yds

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fbnut wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:23 pm
pigskinguru wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:34 am The Dyer Kid is a 3000 yd passer !! That account for anything ?? Remember they are kids and they have rough days ... that game was cold and miserable ! No 3 way tie for QB ... it's clear who's the signal caller for the Pirates ... Dyer leads them
dyer had a great year but I'm not sure he threw for 3000yds
i agree. he had a hell of a season but i don't think he threw 3000 yards

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”