Coaching Vacancies

indianabuck
All State

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Post by indianabuck »

According to the Athens Messenger, Jay Kline resigned at Nelsonville-York.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

indianabuck wrote:According to the Athens Messenger, Jay Kline resigned at Nelsonville-York.
He worked hard - But it is time for a change....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote:Good luck to Coach Miller in his future! He's a great coach and better young man.
There are some definite possibilities for Kyle. I doubt his coaching days are over. A great young man who will end up coaching again.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

TVC wrote:Is Trimble posted as open yet?
Howie is not going anywhere. He love's it at Trimble !!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Maybe hes going to take over the NY program when Trimble and NY consolidates this summer.......

AT THE RESERVATION
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

New head coach at Whiteoak is Blake Kibler. Kibler a member of Whiteoak's Final 4 and Elite 8 teams of 2002 and 2003. Blake was also the head coach of Southern St Community College for I believe 2 years.

coachmkc
Riding the Bench

Post by coachmkc »

I like the Kibler hire. Nice guy, very knowledgeable from our conversations. He has some talent returning. Wish the program well and look forward to watching them.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

tomcat82 wrote:
TVC wrote:Is Trimble posted as open yet?
Howie is not going anywhere. He love's it at Trimble !!!!
He also loved Southern Eastern & Fed Hock.

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

From what I hear, there may be quite a shake up in the SHAC this year. Whiteoak may just be the first domino.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

1987chieftains wrote:Maybe hes going to take over the NY program when Trimble and NY consolidates this summer.......
If that would ever happen I'm sure Logan would dodge us. Cause, you know, that "kids per square mile" thing... :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ground Buck wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:Maybe hes going to take over the NY program when Trimble and NY consolidates this summer.......
If that would ever happen I'm sure Logan would dodge us. Cause, you know, that "kids per square mile" thing... :mrgreen:
aaaaaaahhhhh......... yeah.... keep joking. I'm sure at some point in the future Nelsontucky will consolidate with Athens city schools. They are only 10 mins down the road now. Or even Logan for that matter. We are only 10 mins up 33.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT THE RESERVATION
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

1987chieftains wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
aaaaaaahhhhh......... yeah.... keep joking. I'm sure at some point in the future Nelsontucky will consolidate with Athens city schools. They are only 10 mins down the road now. Or even Logan for that matter. We are only 10 up 33.
Yeah, keep hoping. Makes no sense to consolidate a school that is financially solvent. But if it does happen, like I said, Logan will dodge us since we'll surely be bigger than D3 and have more "kids per square mile." :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

The rumor is that Coach Snyder will retire at Fairfield. He would DEFINiTELY not be non-renewed or anything like that. He is an outstanding coach. But he is a farmer and they say he wants to spend more time on the farm. I predict that (as soon as the state tournament is over) you will read that he has retired.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:
king kong wrote:
JEEPNATION wrote:
Wow that would be surprising!
. That is what I heard as well, I figured s Murray was hinting at that!
Yes
Could coach Milller possibly be making his way to Waverly I've been hearing things. Smurray u have any news coming out of Waverly for us.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

brown22 wrote:
smurray wrote:
king kong wrote:. That is what I heard as well, I figured s Murray was hinting at that!
Yes
Could coach Milller possibly be making his way to Waverly I've been hearing things. Smurray u have any news coming out of Waverly for us.
I'll PM you

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

brown22 wrote:
smurray wrote:
king kong wrote:. That is what I heard as well, I figured s Murray was hinting at that!
Yes
Robertson not going to coach his son's talented group???

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Spud wrote:Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.
Robertson coached this year (with a 19 man coaching staff lol)

Howie is at Trimble.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spud wrote:Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.
Robertson was there all year and they had a very successful year and a great group coming thru the ranks.

Howie coached the Trimble boys this year

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Will Athens be open, I know from the summer post a bit of a disappointing season and he's not a teacher, will someone else step up?

Return to “Boys Basketball”