2017 Cincinnati Bengals

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2017 BENGALS FOOTBALL, AND THEIR NEEDS ???

Post by mattash »

Lafell 2 years 10 Mil today

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

please cut pac man n burfict.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mattash wrote:Lafell 2 years 10 Mil today

cool.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Pac Man and Burfect are not going anywhere unless the Bengals have someone to replace them. The Free Agent signing is going on. Will the Bengals sign more of their players or sign a new player? The QB signing and run will bring up AJ's name again. Which gives the Bengals options as well as to replace AJ if he leaves. What happens the next few days will show the direction needed when the draft comes up.
Just heard Whitworth may go to the Rams. Ouch

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Hopefully the young tackles can play with Whitworth leaving. He was good last year but for how long. Losing Zietler to the Browns need a replacement. Signing Kirkpatrick not a big fan. He has not come close to what he was thought to be when drafted. To many what he was thinking plays. Now depends on who the sign.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M ABOUT FED UP WITH MY BENGALS ----- WE LOST 2 OF THE BEST LINEMAN IN THE NFL TO FREE AGENCY. AND 2 I DEARLY LOVED TO WATCH PLAY. FORMER LSU TIGER AND LIFETIME BENGAL ANDREW WHITWORTH, AND FORMER WISCONSIN BADGER KEVIN ZEITLER. WHO HAS PLAYED HIS CAREER WITH THE BENGALS. WE KEEP MARVIN LEWIS AND LET THESE 2 WALK. THAT'S A REAL HEAD SCRATCHER TO ME.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I thought dre was too small from jump street, big hit the browns of all people getting zeitler. we can't afford to lose aj I really dig him. but he's a starter on another nfl team. and we know it.and it breaks my heart to lose whitworth, who is one of the classiest players in the nfl. especially if he hooks up with the rams. if we're going to lose him. I'd like to see him go to a contender and win a ring before he hangs his cleats up.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bengals line goes down but the Browns make upgrades. It is not like Bengals develop talent on the offensive line. Not many players who can come right in and play in the draft. With all the team talent the Bengals have had the last 2 years. The Bengals did not make a move in the playoffs and keeping Marv. Like them or not the Patriots get the most out of talent, Then to not hold on to them to long. The big difference is the QB and the Staff.
The Bengals staff is not close to what it was a few years ago. Having a top defense and many parts on the offense.

The Bengals did a great job getting players in the draft the last 5 years but right now feels like it use to after the draft of poor players and team fit. They have to spend money smartly to win playoff games. Maybe their plan is something we can not see right now. So it may work out just not much faith in that right now many fans.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree farmer. we are a sinking ship now. in my opinion not wanting to better ourselves.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looks like we lost domata peko to the broncos.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Peko at times got pushed around. Age is limiting his effectiveness. Good in a rotation.

Bengals are sitting back not doing much in this signing period. The only thing helping the Bengals is having a poor record last year gets them an easier schedule. Unless they get great production from players in the draft. I do not see them making the big jump like the Falcons did this past season. Unless the Bengals can work some kind of magic all season and playoffs. Sure wouldn't put money on it right now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I always liked the guy myself. everybody gets pushed around sometimes when you are dealing with men from 300 to 340ish during the season. loved to fire up the crowd. I have a feeling we are riding a sinking ship. and I hate that with the talent we have had the last 5 to 6 years.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Lost back up DE Markus HUNT to the Colts. Played pretty good on the run last year. Not the best pass rusher but his height blocking passes and kicks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MARGUS HUNT WAS ANOTHER GUY I REALLY LIKED. I REMEMBER WATCHING HIM PLAY AT SMU. I HAD NOT HEARD ABOUT HIM.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Hunt finally got on the field more on defense last year after spending most of his playing time on special teams. I always thought they should have used him more before. The Bengals are hoping that Andrew Billings drafted last year and Marcus Hardison drafted the year before can be healthy. Hopefully the can. Kind of like the Bengals are thinking with the two young offensive tackles.

Word out former Bengal Andre Smith is looking to comeback to help out the offensive line. Smith never came close to living up to the hype coming out of Alabama as an offensive tackle with skills to put together a career close to former Bengal Anthony Munoz. Then talk about former Oklahoma running back Mixon talking with the Bengals. Who is a very good player but with the headache of hitting the woman while in high school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

frankly I don't want smith back. too injury prone. he may be a great guy. remember watching him play college ball as well. but always hurt it seemed.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Smith was not dependable health wise or making plays on the field. Seemed to make mistakes at crucial times.
Reading somethings on Peko on how his family liked Cincinnati. As well as being popular in the area. Their kids only knew it as home. Would have been great to offer a job with the team. After he is done playing

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they re-signed him farmer.and lost another player to coach hue who is wearin the other orange.
I don't think he was either but they resigned smith.peko is a live wire n i'll miss him. loved the guy , remember him playing at Michigan state. he was a good run stuffer and a fun player to watch.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bengals also lost Burkhead to the Patriots. Which is a very good fit for his skills. He led the Bengals in tackles on Special Teams. Then really ran well when injuries hit the RB's.
Bengals seem to be collecting picks by letting certain vets go and receiving comp picks for them. Losing the vets that were big in the locker room and on the field. As well as losing the main special team players.Bengals are counting on the draft and those players right away. I read where the Bengals plan to move Andre Smith inside to Guard. Which makes signing him a better fit. As the Bengals seem to not be interested in signing free agents.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had not heard about burkhead. I love the guy. he did everything. and everything he did, he did well. was quickly becoming one of my favorite bengals of all time. really sorry to lose him. thanks for letting me know friend.

Return to “Pro Sports”