Southeastern 35 Oak Hill 31 (2017 Convo)

KRS
JV Team

Re: Convo updates Southeastern vs Oak Hill 3-11 8pm

Post by KRS »

Congtrats to the Panthers on their district championship. Finished 7th. In the SVC, Won 5 games in The regular season and have pulled out 4 great wins. They shortened the game in the 4th and a 23-1 team allowed them to do it. Anything can happen in tourney and Southeasten is proving that.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'm a Southeastern fan now. How far can they go

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Unreal. Same coach that took a crooksville team, with a losing record, to the district finals.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

tomcat wrote:When Norm accepted the district runner up trophy, he should have given his district coach of the year trophy to Southeastern's coach. Lol

Hahahhaha

This is legitimately the funniest thing I've ever read on on preps. New or old. I'm sorry! Hahah!
Last edited by Dundas on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I was rooting for them throughout the game. They came alive in the second quarter.
Ran a couple minutes off the clock standing at half court forcing the oaks to come out of their zone.
They just plugged away and took care of the things they needed to

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote:
tomcat wrote:When Norm accepted the district runner up trophy, he should have given his district coach of the year trophy to Southeastern's coach. Lol

Hahahhaha

This is legitimately the funniest thing I've ever read on on preps. New or old. I'm sorry! Hahah!
Congratulations tomcat, you won the internet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I'm going to say this one more time and then I'm through with this...As I said previously...Oak Hill was overrated BIGTIME...They played a weak schedule is why they had a good record......Fairland was by far the best team in the tournament in div3 followed by South Point.....I put the eye test on oak Hill 3 times and they should have lost every game....

earp
S

Post by earp »

smurray wrote:
LucasDavenport wrote:I think SE gets Hiland after Fairland gets Garaway on Wednesday night. 3/15. First game at 6:15. Convo
Hiland and Garaway are always good.

Fairland played Garaway back in December.It was 80-52 Dragons.

Madness
Freshman Team

Re: Convo: 3/11 (8PM) #9 Southeastern vs. #2 Oak Hill

Post by Madness »

I guess my prediction of SE by 2 in a major upset was pretty good pick.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Fairland defeating Garaway that easily in the regular season is very good news!!

I think Oak Hill was seeded perfectly. If we are being honest The SE District in D3 was historically bad this year.

The 3 seeds didn't make it out of the Sectionals. One of them was beaten by the 14 seed.

The 4/5 seeds weren't great. Ironton / Minford. Piketon / Eastern Brown.

The 1 seed at Waverly-- Lynchburg Clay? And Portsmouth was the 2 and was beaten by 20+ by the 6 seed in D4.

The 6 seeds --- no complaints. Both were better than advertised or .... was it because the others were so bad?

Think about what Southeastern did this year. They went 5-17 and then won 4 Tournament games! And it wasn't because the seeds were upset along their path-- they beat an 8 then a 1 then a 5 and then the 2. That's the toughest path possible with the exception of the 5 !!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Madness wrote:I guess my prediction of SE by 2 in a major upset was pretty good pick.
I picked the upset as well. Great run by Southeastern

ROLL PEAKE
allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

I love this SE team! The records don't matter when it comes to the tourney. Everyone has to be aware! This is by far the biggest cinderella team the state has seen this decade, if not longer! They will get a tough task with Hiland. Very well coached and something that will hurt SE, they haven't played them or seen them play. Goodluck to SE!! But hard to see anyone except Fairland making it to columbus out of the region

ANYTHINGGOES1332
Waterboy

Post by ANYTHINGGOES1332 »

Mr wonderful
As we all might have expected you are always ready to bash oak hill and Norm. Had it turned out the other way you still wouldn't give credit to the oaks. The oaks were not OVERRATED as you so state time and time again. The SOC league that they played in did have tough competition... Minford Webster burg. Who does the OVC have.., fairland ! Kids have off nights and at times the oaks struggled but these kids are a class act. Can't say the same about me wonderful

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak hill was ok this year. They were just coached to their abilities and they won a lot of games because they did not change their identity, but they had no chance and were lucky to advance as far as they did.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Wow, congrats to Southeastern.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote:Fairland defeating Garaway that easily in the regular season is very good news!!

I think Oak Hill was seeded perfectly. If we are being honest The SE District in D3 was historically bad this year.

The 3 seeds didn't make it out of the Sectionals. One of them was beaten by the 14 seed.

The 4/5 seeds weren't great. Ironton / Minford. Piketon / Eastern Brown.

The 1 seed at Waverly-- Lynchburg Clay? And Portsmouth was the 2 and was beaten by 20+ by the 6 seed in D4.

The 6 seeds --- no complaints. Both were better than advertised or .... was it because the others were so bad?

Think about what Southeastern did this year. They went 5-17 and then won 4 Tournament games! And it wasn't because the seeds were upset along their path-- they beat an 8 then a 1 then a 5 and then the 2. That's the toughest path possible with the exception of the 5 !!
I find myself agreeing with you a lot of late.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

mrwonderful wrote:I'm going to say this one more time and then I'm through with this...As I said previously...Oak Hill was overrated BIGTIME...They played a weak schedule is why they had a good record......Fairland was by far the best team in the tournament in div3 followed by South Point.....I put the eye test on oak Hill 3 times and they should have lost every game....

Completely agree. I have seen them the past two weekends and I can't believe that team had only lost one game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oak Hill did not improve over season - and teams figured out what to do against them to have a chance, especially during the tourney.
Fairland is a beast of a different color but to say Oak Hill was overrated is off base. They beat some good pretty teams and made through the regular season with one only loss.
Southeastern did the only thing they could to win and it was a great coaching stradegy.
Same thing happened to a great Waverly team back in the John Shoemaker days. Waverly ranked around #2 in the State and undefeated I believe and fell by one in the SECTIONAL with stall tactic. It happens.

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Agree with the fact that D/3 is down this year with so many upsets that have taken place. Fairland is a different beast and probably would win the D/2 district as well. What I have witnessed the last 2 weeks in the Convo is Oak Hill is a solid disciplined team that is not overrated. Too win that many games they had to play well for the most part of the year. In the Convo they played both games in foul trouble especially last evening. That game changed when 13 and 23 went to the bench. Only played 6 players and became offensively inconsistent. Still played good defense but could not score. With that being said a fine season came to a end and SE played with much more grit.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Southeastern didn't stall, Oak Hill just plays at a deliberate pace and only takes GOOD shots combined with great defense that takes time to score on by default, their help and recovery is excellent. Oak Hill decided to go zone to start the 4th and Slaughter elected to hold the ball, 2 things could of happened from that point. 1. Oak Hill goes man or extends the zone to force SE to play. 2. SE holds the basketball the entire 4th quarter and goes for the last shot. SE would of took option 2 and as the underdog I don't blame them, you limit possessions often in high school hoops if you are not as strong as your opponent talent wise, but even that is debatable between these 2 teams. if Oak Hill didn't finally go man after about 3 and a half minutes that is just what SE would of done, held for 1. I don't think you can call that a stall game , a stall or delay game is coordinated offensive action to control pace and work in continuity to limit possessions while at the same time using pressure release to exploit pressure defense after you put them to sleep with your action so to speak, not holding the ball outside the zone defense coverage area to make your opponent adjust or go man. If SE decides to delay vs BH , I assure you it will not feature a unguarded player standing at halfcourt with no defensive presence around him. I was surprised that Oak Hill aloud this to happen but at the same time I am not, just watching Oak Hill for 5 minutes anyone can ask how they won 23 games, they don't beat people with overwhelming talent , they went 23-2 with methodical disciplined fundamental basketball combined with great defense and shot selection. Say what you want about Norm , whether you agreed or disagreed but he has 700 + wins and I'm not so sure many other coaches if any would of won 23 games with this particular Oak Hill team. Good Luck to Southeastern vs Berlin Hiland.
Last edited by N2Hoops on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”