Southeastern 35 Oak Hill 31 (2017 Convo)

mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: Convo: 3/11 #9 Southeastern vs. #2 Oak Hill

Post by mrwonderful »

The Purple Hippo does a great job and I suppose he had to put them in the top 8 mainly because of their record and well their Coach I guess....I don't think their a top 20 team in the Southeast district......

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mrwonderful wrote:Everyone says that the Oaks find a way to win.....That's a false statement.....At least in the last 2 games I witnessed....It should read like this...River Valley and Paint Valley found a way to lose, because Oak Hill did nothing but throw up 3's and had no answer other than River and Paint gift wrapping them their win to district finals....
Drilling a 25 ft 3 or going home for the season....that shot was finding a way

OH has been fortunate but they've also taken about 1 bad shot in two games.

ANYTHINGGOES1332
Waterboy

Post by ANYTHINGGOES1332 »

Mr wonderful we know you're such a big fan of oak hill. Your positive remarks are always appreciated but one thing is for sure the oaks will always have an advantage because their coach prepares the team for success on and off the court and out coaches his opponents

ANYTHINGGOES1332
Waterboy

Post by ANYTHINGGOES1332 »

Those who watched the oaks and paint game can verify that the last shot was not just thrown u.
You're correct in saying The shot was finding a way. #13 was covered up and passed off to #11
Game over

Madness
Freshman Team

Re: Convo: 3/11 (8PM) #9 Southeastern vs. #2 Oak Hill

Post by Madness »

Teams finding a way to lose, RV and PV, means Oak Hill found a way to win. They may not be a top 20 team in your opinion but they are playing for a district title Saturday night. Now with that being said, I think Southeastern goes to 4-0 in the second season after winning 5 games in the regular season. The Panthers by 2 in a major upset.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

PV is a tough matchup for anyone. Their big kid keeps them close in about every game. Oak Hill pulled it out. First game at the Convo is always a game to get the nerves out of the way and get accustomed to the surroundings. OH will play much better this time around. I was not impressed by Southeastern and I think Oak Hill wins this by 10+

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Ironman92 wrote:
EagleEye3 wrote:Agree but a .500 record #8 seed beating an undefeated reigning D4 state champ looks real bad on paper even tho people know what Barrick and any Burg team was capable of.
I get you and it was an upset....but OH had graduated most starters except for Ondera

I say that Burg win had more to do with Portsmouth Transfer Andrew Bendolph going off than it did anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ki1v9pVGOQ

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

what?? burg has never had transfers...

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

ANYTHINGGOES1332 wrote:Those who watched the oaks and paint game can verify that the last shot was not just thrown u.
You're correct in saying The shot was finding a way. #13 was covered up and passed off to #11
Game over
2 guys u don't want shooting. 13/11. 11 was WIDE open. Not sure how that happened 2 choices. Either Norm designed that to force help or PV just forgot who they were guarding. Either way. Was a great game. #14 Was out most of the game and was a zero factor. I believed OH weakness was their bench. This game they pulled off the win. With OH top 3 player on bench with foul trouble.

OH 56
SE. 48

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

N2Hoops wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
EagleEye3 wrote:Agree but a .500 record #8 seed beating an undefeated reigning D4 state champ looks real bad on paper even tho people know what Barrick and any Burg team was capable of.
I get you and it was an upset....but OH had graduated most starters except for Ondera

I say that Burg win had more to do with Portsmouth Transfer Andrew Bendolph going off than it did anything else.

It was the first game all year that he was turned loose and it showed. Oak Hill had no one that could guard him that night. That was a great game to watch!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DMUP wrote:
ANYTHINGGOES1332 wrote:Those who watched the oaks and paint game can verify that the last shot was not just thrown u.
Game over
2 guys u don't want shooting. 13/11. 11 was WIDE open. Not sure how that happened 2 choices. Either Norm designed that to force help or PV just forgot who they were guarding. Either way. Was a great game. #14 Was out most of the game and was a zero factor. I believed OH weakness was their bench. This game they pulled off the win. With OH top 3 player on bench with foul trouble.

OH 56
SE. 48
Top 3 player on bench with foul trouble?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

N2Hoops wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Bendolph was definitely awesome...but losing 2 1,000 point scorers and their best defensive player...and bench from year before. Way better players to use to help guard Bendolph and then score on other end.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

That Oak Hill team went 20-0 in the regular season and the similarities to this years team are compelling.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oak Hill by 15

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

55-38 Oak Hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK OAKS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Convo updates Southeastern vs Oak Hill 3-11 8pm

Post by Orange and Brown »

:mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Re: Convo updates Southeastern vs Oak Hill 3-11 8pm

Post by Concessionlady »

Any radio broadcast online for this game?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The very last Southeast district final of the year!
2 teams, one spot! Can Cinderella punched her ticket to regional or will the mighty Oaks end their run?
Stay tuned!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

About 20 minutes til tipoff

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”