All district team

Post by Haythey »

When is the all district selections coming out

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Re: All district team

Post by cavsbkb »

Haythey wrote:When is the all district selections coming out
They should come out around March 1st or 2nd.

DONTKNOW
Waterboy

Post by DONTKNOW »

sure there will be a lot of comments and questions..lol

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

I'm not sure I understand how the All district teams work. Are you nominated, and by who? Is there a limit per team? who votes on the all district teams?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote:I'm not sure I understand how the All district teams work. Are you nominated, and by who? Is there a limit per team? who votes on the all district teams?
For D3 in your case I believe there are divided into 2 coaching sections. Lynchburg and Alexander for example will be in different groups. Coach has to attend meeting and pay membership fees for their athletes to make it.

There will also be an AP all-district by the AP writers...it will be whole district combined and about twice as big. Often the AP seems more accurate.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Agree , somehow the AP seems to be more legit. Not sure how that happens if you look at the State rankings, they seem to be way off base on those. Often times league coaches vote together for their top player and it seems the league that has the most coaches that have paid dues and actually go vote get their kids elected . A lot more politics than the AP team that will come out later, both good for recognizing kids and their abilities though.
Last edited by KRS on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

KRS wrote:Agree , somehow the AP seems to be more legit. Not sure how that happens if you look at the State rankings, they seem to be way off base on those. Often times league coaches vote together for their top player and it seems the league that has the most coaches that have paid dues and actually go vote get their kids elected . A lot more politically than the AP team that will come out later, both good for recognizing kids and their abilities though.
Coaches' all-district doesn't have all of the coach participate and on occasion the coaches take care of each other a bit. The AP includes every school and rely on their AP friends in different parts of the district on who to vote for at each level.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Birdie told me that one of the top three kids for player of the year in the district voting did not get voted for first team all district? Is that even possible? Its actual basketball coaches that vote, right?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

stacey7722 wrote:Birdie told me that one of the top three kids for player of the year in the district voting did not get voted for first team all district? Is that even possible? Its actual basketball coaches that vote, right?
Yep.

A few years back, a District POY didn't get 1st team All District. It is coaches watching their out for their own more times than not.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Come on its politics! Probably Trumps fault.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Players just need to not read into All District and just focus on what they do outside season. That's where it's seen. You have girls sitting the bench reg season that are getting college looks but never get All Soc or even honorable mention during HS ball. That's why it has turned into the political aspect or coaches just not knowing what their players can do.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

REFEREE11 wrote:Players just need to not read into All District and just focus on what they do outside season. That's where it's seen. You have girls sitting the bench reg season that are getting college looks but never get All Soc or even honorable mention during HS ball. That's why it has turned into the political aspect or coaches just not knowing what their players can do.
What players are playing in college that didn't start or get an HM all-district?

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Ironman92 wrote:
REFEREE11 wrote:Players just need to not read into All District and just focus on what they do outside season. That's where it's seen. You have girls sitting the bench reg season that are getting college looks but never get All Soc or even honorable mention during HS ball. That's why it has turned into the political aspect or coaches just not knowing what their players can do.
What players are playing in college that didn't start or get an HM all-district?
Just saying there are players that have college looks from off season that aren't getting all district.

DONTKNOW
Waterboy

Post by DONTKNOW »

hmmm, what do you consider College looks if they don't start for their team? I can see High schools in D1 and D2 possibley having kids off the bench that are getting looks..but D3 and D4 in our area? I would be hard pressed to think of a coach that wouldn't play a kid that is potential college player around southern Ohio. Coaches All District is political, after the Fiasco from couple of years ago they vote POY first and they are automatic first team is what I have been told by several sources.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

I know a few players that have colleges come and watch them play because I was at those games and actually talked to the college rep that was there. They would say that they saw the player off season and got their schedule to come and watch. But they come and find the player got minimal play time. That's what I am meaning that some players are limited to what they are able to do in HS ball at times but excels off season in showcases and gets looks.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

I know of a SEO girl who is probably the 4th leading scorer on her team ( she does start) but has had college coaches come see her play. She get more exposure from herr AAU games than she does on her HS team.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

Off season for girls that want to go to next level is where it's at. It's almost like HS ball is more like off season and conditioning for spring/summer ball. I just know that the past few years I have seen girls get all district or HM that stats don''t show it or how they selected them. And then the girl that is getting college looks from AAU doesn't get all district or anything. Just makes it not match up. But everyone has their way of selecting too. This was the exact conversation that I had with the college coach at that particular game was.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I don't know the results of the coaches all district team or POY. This season. I am sure it was very political. I do know for a fact, a kid on a the team that I follow most in the southeast district has over a dozen D-1 offers, ( junior year ) probably half from teams that will be playing in the NCAA tourney the next couple weeks and out of some pretty nice conferences. These college coaches pay little to no attention to the high school all district, state, voting or even games for that matter, they show up to high school,games to show the kid how interested they are in them. They see all they need during the evaluation periods in April and July and if you want to get an opportunity to play at the next level this is where you will be seen playing your natural position and get better in the process.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

danicalifornia wrote:
stacey7722 wrote:Birdie told me that one of the top three kids for player of the year in the district voting did not get voted for first team all district? Is that even possible? Its actual basketball coaches that vote, right?
Yep.

A few years back, a District POY didn't get 1st team All District. It is coaches watching their out for their own more times than not.

It did happen, seems to be a glaring omission from the first team roster...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

When will this secret be released? No reason to wait until everyone is eliminated.....if Stacey knows, the players know I bet

Return to “Girls Basketball”