SEOP

Re: Convo: #2 Eastern Pike @ #6 St. Joe

Post by Hoopie74 »

Eastern by 15.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Too much firepower for the Eagles from Eastern Pike - Evan Leist, Clay Martin, Ethan Leist ... the board strength of Tyler Hale, Cody Weaver to go with Michael Miller who can flat out "take over" a game offensively and defensively ... is Hunter Cochenour getting to dress for the tournament season for EHS ? ... throw in that Eastern Pike has one of the best courtside coaches Southern/Southeastern Ohio has to offer up in Coach Barrick ... My Ouija Board says Eastern Pike & Coach Barrick ...

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Yes, Hunter Cochenour is dressing varsity, I think he got moved up to varsity around the beginning of January.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Eastern by 15+

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

EPN wrote:Yes, Hunter Cochenour is dressing varsity, I think he got moved up to varsity around the beginning of January.
Good for him ... I'm watching for big things from Hunter Cochenour in the next year or two for sure ...

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

It's tournament time and anything can happen. Eagles can't take any opponent lightly! Still picking the Eagles in this one.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Nobody gave ISJ a chance in 2014 against BE and the Flyers shocked the Eagles.
While the Eagles are again heavy favorites, St. Joe are well coached and will play hard.
Don't expect ISJ to lay down they are used to being the underdog.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm pretty sure "the last" person or people out there taking St Joseph lightly is Coach Barrick & his Eagles ... Coach Barrick KNOWS the "one and done" season well ... you don't get as successful as Coach Barrick IN the "one & done " season unless you are able to convey to your TEAM what to look for - that EVERY team you play when you are the favored team is out to get you/the underdog has nothing to lose ... that the Eagles MUST start strong - ISJ is looking to "punch the favored" team in the mouth early to give them something to think about/put them back on their heels ... he is imparting on his Eagles that EVERY possession should be treated like gold - they are valuable ... he is telling his troops that ISJ WILL make runs in the game - that his Eagles need to NOT feed into the runs by extending them by turning the ball over ... his Eagles need to "stop" those runs by taking care of the ball, get into their offense, take the shot THE EAGLES want to take not just "a shot" ... get their own shot - score the ball ... Coach Barrick has been there and played THIS game over and over in his head ... he knows how HE wants it to play out - good coaches such as Coach Barrick are great chess players/strategists ... not many better post season coaches than Coach Barrick ...

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Have great respect for Coach Barrick and his team. ISJ's Coach is no rookie himself. Coach Cooksey coached in Kentucky for 40 years having success with both Boys and Girls teams. Having followed Flyer basketball for 50 years the job he has done with these young men is as good as I have seen. This might not be the most talented ISJ team or the deepest but they play as a team as well as any Flyer team I have seen. Good luck Flyers !!!!!!!!!!!!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to Purple and Gold institution on 6th and Chestnut...........

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Flyers in another upset

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

I think the Eagles will claw out a win in this matchup. Eagles by 8 in a close one to the end.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think this game will be slower paced... my prediction:

Eastern 45
St Joe 34

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I'm taking the Eagles 64-41. I think Coach Barrick has them ready and the Eagles come out running.

GO EAGLES
EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Eagles need to come out and take control early. If not the longer you let ISJ hang around the more confidence they will get as team and definitely could pull off the upset. I'd like to see Miller get at least 15-20 shot attempts a game down low. This kid is a player and is going to be a handful for the next couple of years!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

pfloyd wrote:
EPN wrote:Yes, Hunter Cochenour is dressing varsity, I think he got moved up to varsity around the beginning of January.
Good for him ... I'm watching for big things from Hunter Cochenour in the next year or two for sure ...

I agree pfloyd the kid can flat out shoot the rock!

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

Hunter Cochenour may get thrown to the fire if the offense has real struggles which has been a roller coaster much of the season.

I expect a nice showing from the Eagles on Tuesday and advance. No Eagle fan is looking forward to Waterford in the final if we're lucky enough to move on but Tom should have the boys ready to roll.

Eastern 56
St Joe 45

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

EagleNut14 wrote:Eagles need to come out and take control early. If not the longer you let ISJ hang around the more confidence they will get as team and definitely could pull off the upset. I'd like to see Miller get at least 15-20 shot attempts a game down low. This kid is a player and is going to be a handful for the next couple of years!

Miller has a ton of potential and a lot of skill for a soph. We haven't seen that in the post in quite some time. He will only get more scary for opposing teams as his body and strength develops. No one should have an issue with him getting a lot of looks down there.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I agree Miller has a lot of potential. I think the boys need to get the ball to him more. They don't always utilize him as much as they should.

Return to “Boys Basketball”