2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

BigChuck
JV Team

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by BigChuck »

Here kitty kitty kitty...the Pirates are waiting

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Abe Froman wrote:Guys, get a hobby.

Ironton 2017 has 6 pages in February.

Waverly 2017 by contrast has 3 posts total on 1 page.

You are starting 0-1. What else is there to worry about right now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THE MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!! 0 AND 1 CLAP... CLAP... CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 0 AND 1 CLAP... CLAP... CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

actually abe the fact that the topic gets so much notice is because for so many years this was the marquee game in southern ohio to start the season out with the playoffs on the line from week 1 , before the divisions got watered down to taking 8 teams. in the not so far away past the loser of this game may miss the playoffs because of losing this game week 1. and be clawing to come back all year as a result praying the other team lost along the way. ----------------- but it hain't no secret the burg has built a clear advantage the last say decade over the tigers. while before 2007, they could do little to near nothing to stop the tigers. in a very lopsided series up to that point in ironton's favor. now since then the burg has owned the tigers and are generally catching up on the series 2 wins a season towards evening the series back out. --------------I think fans on both sides wants this to be a slobberknocker again. it behooves ole bait how the tigers can have the whole offseason to get in shape and prepared for burg and keep layin eggs week 1. and the burg has been without question the better prepared and more physical team of the 2.-------- I hope perhaps we can field a better coached team and a more physical team from the tigers and for their fans that this game will once again be the premiere game to jumpstart week 1 in southern ohio. but a lot, I mean a lot has to change. these are the 2 most successful programs in the south bar none. aside of cincy schools in the southwest. ------------- and I think everybody coaches, fans and everybody else expects a better effort from the tigers. it doesn't matter how many pages it gets to, we're just glad to be talkin football. means we all got the itch. no need of proclaimin any one as a d1 possibility. if they are from either side it'll show. but they are few and far between in these parts. I just want a competitive prepared fighting tiger team that quits using the prehistoric philosophies and formations and plays that we've used since the stoneage. back then they were workin like a singer sewin machine because the tigers were more physical team, and a superior coaching staff. but times have changed as well as formations, it's about keeping people off balnce, not being predictable, and getting the right people in the right places.---------but more than anything being prepared mentally and physically. and maintaining composure, and limiting penalties.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the fact waverly has 3 posts about their team to date is that waverly has no where near the football prowees or playoff history as wheelersburg or ironton. and before the seop site was basically half were fighting tigers n burgites.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

actually abe the fact that the topic gets so much notice is because for so many years this was the marquee game in southern ohio to start the season out with the playoffs on the line from week 1 , before the divisions got watered down to taking 8 teams. in the not so far away past the loser of this game may miss the playoffs because of losing this game week 1. and be clawing to come back all year as a result praying the other team lost along the way. ----------------- but it hain't no secret the burg has built a clear advantage the last say decade over the tigers. while before 2007, they could do little to near nothing to stop the tigers. in a very lopsided series up to that point in ironton's favor. now since then the burg has owned the tigers and are generally catching up on the series 2 wins a season towards evening the series back out. --------------I think fans on both sides wants this to be a slobberknocker again. it behooves ole bait how the tigers can have the whole offseason to get in shape and prepared for burg and keep layin eggs week 1. and the burg has been without question the better prepared and more physical team of the 2.-------- I hope perhaps we can field a better coached team and a more physical team from the tigers and for their fans that this game will once again be the premiere game to jumpstart week 1 in southern ohio. but a lot, I mean a lot has to change. these are the 2 most successful programs in the south bar none. aside of cincy schools in the southwest. ------------- and I think everybody coaches, fans and everybody else expects a better effort from the tigers. it doesn't matter how many pages it gets to, we're just glad to be talkin football. means we all got the itch. no need of proclaimin any one as a d1 possibility. if they are from either side it'll show. but they are few and far between in these parts. I just want a competitive prepared fighting tiger team that quits using the prehistoric philosophies and formations and plays that we've used since the stoneage. back then they were workin like a singer sewin machine because the tigers were more physical team, and a superior coaching staff. but times have changed as well as formations, it's about keeping people off balnce, not being predictable, and getting the right people in the right places.---------but more than anything being prepared mentally and physically. and maintaining composure, and limiting penalties.
Win loss wise it was in the tigers favor but most of the games in the 90's and 2000's were usually very close ballgames decided in the 4th Q

JTEK
All State

Re: Ironton Fighting Tiger 2017 Football

Post by JTEK »

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:I forgot and no way will burg be able to match up athletically with all irontons athletes.
Burg got one game further last season than Ironton and then lost bad to the same team that put Ironton out. Ironton is changing what they were struggling with, now with the majority of the kids working hard in the weight room since the Monday following their loss to Coshocton.

Ironton won't have first year players at Defensive End this year as they had both sides with first game at Burg last year. 400 plus rushing yards came from the DE not understanding how to read to QB fake. If we can improve at that this year, it should be the difference we need to have a good shot at winning. At least this year nearly every player has experience at all positions.
Weren't you the one predicting dominating basketball teams for the tigers to. Based on what these current kids had done at the 5-6-7-8 grade level. May turn out but hasn't happened so far

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the fact waverly has 3 posts about their team to date is that waverly has no where near the football prowees or playoff history as wheelersburg or ironton. and before the seop site was basically half were fighting tigers n burgites.
Ok, but the topic is 2017 YTB, not 1970's-1990's Ironton Fighting Tigers.

We get it. You WERE good. Got it. Check.

I think 2017 is going to be a lot like 2014, 2015, 2016. Start 1-3 or 2-2 and finish 7-3ish and squeak in playoffs maybe.

The time is fast approaching where the OVC games are not even going to be a sure thing.

JMO, I could be wrong and often am.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:
Burg got one game further last season than Ironton and then lost bad to the same team that put Ironton out. Ironton is changing what they were struggling with, now with the majority of the kids working hard in the weight room since the Monday following their loss to Coshocton.

Ironton won't have first year players at Defensive End this year as they had both sides with first game at Burg last year. 400 plus rushing yards came from the DE not understanding how to read to QB fake. If we can improve at that this year, it should be the difference we need to have a good shot at winning. At least this year nearly every player has experience at all positions.
Might not want to let OHSAA know you were in the weight room three days after the Week 11 loss. I am pretty sure there is a 30-day wait period after you finish the sport season prior to engaging in any sort of "open" gym/training/lifting/etc. for the sport you just completed.

So I have my doubts that happened, or happened with any coach in attendance.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

JTEK wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

Win loss wise it was in the tigers favor but most of the games in the 90's and 2000's were usually very close ballgames decided in the 4th Q

I agree that's why the series has been so awesome.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Abe Froman wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the fact waverly has 3 posts about their team to date is that waverly has no where near the football prowees or playoff history as wheelersburg or ironton. and before the seop site was basically half were fighting tigers n burgites.
Ok, but the topic is 2017 YTB, not 1970's-1990's Ironton Fighting Tigers.

We get it. You WERE good. Got it. Check.

I think 2017 is going to be a lot like 2014, 2015, 2016. Start 1-3 or 2-2 and finish 7-3ish and squeak in playoffs maybe.

The time is fast approaching where the OVC games are not even going to be a sure thing.

JMO, I could be wrong and often am.
abe I think I have given the burg their props. all I ever been trying to say was both sides want to see these kinda games again. and I hope you all have luck against these new 2 teams you've signed. ironton scheduled like that for 25 years or so as well. but the soc is no stronger than the ovc football wise overall. AND IT WAS A FEW SHORT YEARS AGO LUCASVILLE was beatin the burg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WE HOPE TO ALL SEE GREAT COMPETITIVE GAMES AGAIN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RIVALRY.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Abe Froman wrote:
IBTT wrote:

Might not want to let OHSAA know you were in the weight room three days after the Week 11 loss. I am pretty sure there is a 30-day wait period after you finish the sport season prior to engaging in any sort of "open" gym/training/lifting/etc. for the sport you just completed.

Not if you have weight lifting as a class at school its not illegal, its just a gym class that 90% of the football team takes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lifting weights is crucial in a program but it's not what makes or breaks a team. It takes a lot more. Every team has a work program to train in off season. Some have dedication, some not so much, but every coach does their best to get the players stronger.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

wobycat wrote:Lifting weights is crucial in a program but it's not what makes or breaks a team. It takes a lot more. Every team has a work program to train in off season. Some have dedication, some not so much, but every coach does their best to get the players stronger.

Exactly, Im sure every team after they lost was back in the weight room a few days later already working out for next season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

weights and wrestling are key components to football shape.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
IBTT wrote:

Not if you have weight lifting as a class at school its not illegal, its just a gym class that 90% of the football team takes.

Once again, read the post. "with any coach in attendance" and if it was outside of school hours.

Try and keep up.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Well you could be in there for powerlifting and that's usually all football players with a football coach so that's a way to be in there after school as soon as the season ends.
It's a shame you aren't smart enough to know all this on your own and people have to explain it to you.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Tigercannon71 wrote:Well you could be in there for powerlifting and that's usually all football players with a football coach so that's a way to be in there after school as soon as the season ends.
It's a shame you aren't smart enough to know all this on your own and people have to explain it to you.

Oh boy, ok Tigercannon71 whatever you say. I am glad the kids were after it hard the Monday after they were eliminated which is the comment that started it all.

See you in August at the Tank.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Sounds to me like ole' Abe wants to take on Tigercannon at halftime. I thought this was about Ironton. Guess now we have burg fans wanting to participate.

Attitude by the players and the coaches are extremely important. If kids don't push themselves and aren't pushed by coaches to start early getting ready, it won't be likely that a team will play well come the season. Can't just show up and say hey coach I have really thought about it and this year I'm going to be a receiver. If you don't practice at it, read up about it, get taught how to play it then you will probably look like a first year player with no experience.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ANY IDEA ROUGHLY HOW MANY WE'LL HAVE OUT. AND WILL THEY BE ABLE TO HAVE A FROSH TEAM.

Return to “Football”