7th Grade Boys Basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 7th Grade Boys Basketball

Post by greygoose »

toast wrote:
jeepmadness wrote:
toast wrote:Waverly improves to 12-0 with a win over Minford. Minford has a very nice team with good size and they are well coached. They also had a couple of kids out for this game.

Tigers will have their hands full when they travel to Minford on Feb. 9th.
What was the score?
Waverly was up 36-11 at the half. Final score was somewhere around 55-35. The Waverly coach does a nice job of pulling off the press and using his bench. Starters played maybe 2 and a half quarters.

The first half may have just been the best half of ball Waverly has played all season. I still see a dog fight when we go to Minford. Minford was without their big boy and I believe another player. Their size reminded me of Jackson. They towered over Waverly except for our center. Real nice team.
Obviously haven't seen Waverly's 7th grade play to many games. That's typical of their games all year long starters basically play 1 half and they call the dogs off after the 1st quarter. Seen this game, big boy or no big boy when a kid hits 6 three pointers and scores 30 from the guard position that big boy isn't going to matter much unless someone can guard the waverly guards.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson moves to 16-0

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly 7th proves me wrong and ends their regular season at Minford with a convincing win. Record stands at 16-0 going into the tourneys.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson holds Vinton Co to 14 points and moves to 17-0 while Meigs drilled Logan by 20 to remain undefeated.

Jackson will face Meigs tomorrow in Logan at 4:15

Meigs is very impressive....their top 6 are well-sized, athletic, strong and can play. They aren't just athletic kids on the basketball court...they are excellent basketball players that are very athletic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Meigs 40
Jackson 37

A lot of big athletes on the court. Two talented teams. Both teams had pretty significant foul trouble as the refs consistently just called everything a foul. Jackson adapted slightly better in the first half and kept going to basket and on defense you just had to basically not touch the shooter. Jackson led by 8 at half. Second half stop trying to get to basket and relied on 3's a bit more. Meigs star player hit a couple smooth 3's and Jackson turned ball over last minute.

Hopefully we can play 2x a year from here on out through high school. Congrats to Meigs on the win.

AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

Well I was anticipating a great game. What I got was horrible officiating that ruined any and all flow for both teams. Tragic. These two teams are to good to have their battle ruined. Hope to see these teams meet again next year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

AllTvc wrote:Well I was anticipating a great game. What I got was horrible officiating that ruined any and all flow for both teams. Tragic. These two teams are to good to have their battle ruined. Hope to see these teams meet again next year.
It really was sad....then after our game they switched refs and they let them play smh.

The game before VC was leading Logan 12-3 but by half it was 19-19 and Logan had 15 points from the line. They had VC in double bonus in 7 minutes! Those same refs completely defeated the 13 year old VC kids. I felt bad for them. Logan ran away with it in the second half but those two refs simply took the life out of the VC team. I didn't give a rat's butt who won that game but found myself pulling hard for VC because they were getting hosed.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote:
AllTvc wrote:Well I was anticipating a great game. What I got was horrible officiating that ruined any and all flow for both teams. Tragic. These two teams are to good to have their battle ruined. Hope to see these teams meet again next year.
It really was sad....then after our game they switched refs and they let them play smh.

The game before VC was leading Logan 12-3 but by half it was 19-19 and Logan had 15 points from the line. They had VC in double bonus in 7 minutes! Those same refs completely defeated the 13 year old VC kids. I felt bad for them. Logan ran away with it in the second half but those two refs simply took the life out of the VC team. I didn't give a rat's butt who won that game but found myself pulling hard for VC because they were getting hosed.
The 8th grade final was a screwing too....Logan won by 1 over Athens. Logan shot at least 20 more foul shots than Athens....hose city!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

The 8th grade final was a screwing too....Logan won by 1 over Athens. Logan shot at least 20 more foul shots than Athens....hose city!
I don't even know how you shoot 20 ft in a 24 min game

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly wins the Eastern tournament to finish out the season 20-0. Really played well and shot the ball well despite missing their starting point guard.

Only one of the Tigers wins was by less than 18 points. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer group of kids.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Futurebkstar wrote:Symmes Valley boys 7th grade has a nice squad and they are well coached!!!
Record?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

mattash wrote:
Futurebkstar wrote:Symmes Valley boys 7th grade has a nice squad and they are well coached!!!
Record?
I think they went 11-3 or 10-4

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

1906 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Who will be the players and teams to watch for?

Jackson will have a solid team. Boys went undefeated last year before losing in the state championship game last year in Columbus. Added a couple good players to that group. 5'11 Drew Bragg will be one of the top players around...and not because he's 5'11.

Waverly has 2 of the quickest guards anywhere. Robertson and Stully are fun to watch and they have a good big kid about 5''11 as well.

Meigs is excellent!

Vinton County will be very good and led by Evan Spires

Hillsboro has two excellent players a guard Ethan Parry and an athletic big kid

Chillicothe has good size and an excellent player.

Fairland has a very good team led by Aiden Porter

Wheelersburg is solid (depending on a good player that may be at South Webster)

South Gallia wil be one of the better D4 sized teams.

Across the river Russell Kentucky has some real nice players.

I hear south Gallia is just playing an 8th grade schedule due to not enough kids for 2 teams.
I know Symmes Valley 7th grade played South Gallia's 7th/8th. My Son played for SV but I am also partial to SG. My son's team won easily while leading in points, assists, and steals. Not bragging at all so please don't think that because I'm just proud of the way he plays. He is the point guard and sees the floor so well. He is a pass first kid. He always gets his team involved. Great group of kids on both teams and well coached. Both teams will be good later in high school.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”