2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Crockpot1
Waterboy

Re: Ironton Fighting Tiger 2017 Football

Post by Crockpot1 »

I felt at the burg game last year that the 5-2 couldve worked. A team that throws the way the burg does warrants the extra safety. However I believe the linebacker play was too soft that allowed the burg to tie up the defensive front. Backers have to flow to the ball and be aggressive. The d ends were the only defensive bright spot I personally saw during that game. However the defense improved through out the year and hopefully carry over into this year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

What it came down to in the Burg game last year was outside of one lineman, a corner and a safety, Ironton's players on defense had never played at the position they were playing. Only three kids had any experience. The corner had only been cleared the day of the game. So for Ironton's inexperience to go up against Burg in the first game of Varsity football in 8/11 positions, what happened probably should have been somewhat expected. Anything that could go wrong did. Offensively, the tigers weren't much different. The backfield had one returning starter, while the other three backs had not caried a football since junior high or in one case 4th grade. The line was playing a couple of freshmen because of all of its injuries while the ends were also first year varsity players. This year's team will be much more experienced and looking at the kids who have had injuries, all are doing well. We hopefully have a good group. From what I see it should be a great start as long as they keep up the hard work. Football season is still over 5 months away.
Last edited by IBTT on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

So where did the all world D1 prospects that IBTT spouted about last year sign? Remember "South Carolina wants him bad". Really?

What a clown. Guy never learns.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Good to see teams not make EXCUSES

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

[quote="Buramgerdin"]So where did the all world D1 prospects that IBTT spouted about last year sign? Remember "South Carolina wants him bad". Really?

That kid got hurt early on in the season with a season ending injury. He had played very little in the previous season at wide out in Atlanta. He didn't really get started before he was hurt. The kid had been seen while in Atlanta and was being looked at, he does have very good talent, not much film. One of the others chose to play right away and went to a division 2 school. Very good kid. Others are younger and do have Division 1 schools very interested. We will probably see a couple of nice offers September 1. Hopefully there will be a couple more after this season. Ironton is full of talent again this year. Hopefully everyone is fortunate to be injury free. Looking forward to another exciting year.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

IBTT wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:So where did the all world D1 prospects that IBTT spouted about last year sign? Remember "South Carolina wants him bad". Really?

That kid got hurt early on in the season with a season ending injury. He had played very little in the previous season at wide out in Atlanta. He didn't really get started before he was hurt. The kid had been seen while in Atlanta and was being looked at, he does have very good talent, not much film. One of the others chose to play right away and went to a division 2 school. Very good kid. Others are younger and do have Division 1 schools very interested. We will probably see a couple of nice offers September 1. Hopefully there will be a couple more after this season. Ironton is full of talent again this year. Hopefully everyone is fortunate to be injury free. Looking forward to another exciting year.
Sorry but you have no clue what D1 talent is. There was ZERO D1 talent on the field last year for Ironton, which is why ZERO kids went D1. There are dozens of kids that get hurt and get D1 offers. That is a bullcrap excuse. You just have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

We will see again week 1. Then you will disappear for a few weeks as always.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Please go to the Burgerville post and comment on your team. At least he is positive about kids as a whole.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Game day wrote:Please go to the Burgerville post and comment on your team. At least he is positive about kids as a whole.
So you are okay with him blaming one defensive end for the slaughter we watched last year? That is "positive about kids"?

I find that disgusting when 11 guys are on the field making mistakes and getting taken to the wood shed. How you can single out one kid is beyond me. That is not "positive" but instead just ignorant like most of his other posts.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I just want to see this a competitive game that either team can win at this point. like they used to be on the line at the very end.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looking back at Ironton last year, I thorough that the Webb kid and some other big kid that played on the defensive line had d1 size. The kid that came from Georgia had d1 size and speed. Problem was he didn't play that way. I didn't see anyone else with d1 size.

But here are some facts.

There are roughly 37,000 high schools in the United States. There are 128 d1 football schools in college. You have to be extremely talented, fast, and/or have size to get an offer. More than likely most of these kids will just play high school or maybe go play d3. Sometimes a kid will pop up in this area that we can get excited about but it's very rare. Or someone can luck into walking on somewhere.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very true statement woby.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Buramgerdin wrote:
Game day wrote:Please go to the Burgerville post and comment on your team. At least he is positive about kids as a whole.
So you are okay with him blaming one defensive end for the slaughter we watched last year? That is "positive about kids"?

I find that disgusting when 11 guys are on the field making mistakes and getting taken to the wood shed. How you can single out one kid is beyond me. That is not "positive" but instead just ignorant like most of his other posts.
I never blamed anyone on Ironton's team. The whole team came in not ready for that game. Most of the team was inexperienced. The defensive end you are mentioning was just one of many who wasn't ready. It happened that the Burg team took advantage of that weakness probably more than others. I don't think it would have mattered that game what they did we weren't ready. As I said, only 3 kids ever played the position that they played that game. One of the three who did have experience was cleared the day before the game. No excuses, Burg was the better team that game. Not even close. Hopefully things change this year. The kids are hungry.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:

I never blamed anyone on Ironton's team. The whole team came in not ready for that game. Most of the team was inexperienced. The defensive end you are mentioning was just one of many who wasn't ready. It happened that the Burg team took advantage of that weakness probably more than others. I don't think it would have mattered that game what they did we weren't ready. As I said, only 3 kids ever played the position that they played that game. One of the three who did have experience was cleared the day before the game. No excuses, Burg was the better team that game. Not even close. Hopefully things change this year. The kids are hungry.
I think there were people who tried to explain to you that expecting these kids who hadn't practiced all summer to show up the week of the burg game and dominate the way you said they would was very unrealistic.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Guys, get a hobby.

Ironton 2017 has 6 pages in February.

Waverly 2017 by contrast has 3 posts total on 1 page.

You are starting 0-1. What else is there to worry about right now.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

IBTT

Do yourself a favor and consider this friendly piece of advice. Stop mentioning words and phrases like D-1, junior high, and little league in your comments. It will make you much less of a target by both Burg and Ironton fans alike. It hurts me to say it but Ironton got their butts handed to them in week 1 by the Burg in 2016. I have never witnessed such a poor effort to open a season.

Just my two cents worth.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

wobycat wrote:Looking back at Ironton last year, I thorough that the Webb kid and some other big kid that played on the defensive line had d1 size. The kid that came from Georgia had d1 size and speed. Problem was he didn't play that way. I didn't see anyone else with d1 size.

But here are some facts.

There are roughly 37,000 high schools in the United States. There are 128 d1 football schools in college. You have to be extremely talented, fast, and/or have size to get an offer. More than likely most of these kids will just play high school or maybe go play d3. Sometimes a kid will pop up in this area that we can get excited about but it's very rare. Or someone can luck into walking on somewhere.

Well kid from East just got offered by Oregon, so there is one.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

If I remember correctly, the defensive ends name was heard on the loud speaker an awful lot during the Burg game to put the blame on him. That kid played his butt off that game and every game until the end of the season. That kid has great work ethics and never quits.
IBTT wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:
Game [quote][/quote]day wrote:Please go to the Burgerville post and comment on your team. At least he is positive about kids as a whole.

I never blamed anyone on Ironton's team. The whole team came in not ready for that game. Most of the team was inexperienced. The defensive end you are mentioning was just one of many who wasn't ready. It happened that the Burg team took advantage of that weakness probably more than others. I don't think it would have mattered that game what they did we weren't ready. As I said, only 3 kids ever played the position that they played that game. One of the three who did have experience was cleared the day before the game. No excuses, Burg was the better team that game. Not even close. Hopefully things change this year. The kids are hungry.[/quote
    If

IBTT
    All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I
    Big I fan wrote:If I remember correctly, the defensive ends name was heard on the loud speaker an awful lot during the Burg game to put the blame on him. That kid played his butt off that game and every game until the end of the season. That kid has great work ethics and never quits.
    IBTT wrote:
    Buramgerdin wrote:

I never blamed anyone on Ironton's team. The whole team came in not ready for that game. Most of the team was inexperienced. The defensive end you are mentioning was just one of many who wasn't ready. It happened that the Burg team took advantage of that weakness probably more than others. I don't think it would have mattered that game what they did we weren't ready. As I said, only 3 kids ever played the position that they played that game. One of the three who did have experience was cleared the day before the game. No excuses, Burg was the better team that game. Not even close. Hopefully things change this year. The kids are hungry.[/quote
      If
      I believe they all had great work ethics. 8 players last year game one were very inexperienced. We as a team had a bad game. We did however pick up and come together to finish strong. Now, this season we lost a few real good linemen, a quarterback and a great athlete who could play just about everywhere. I believe this year's team has a much better experience level, hopefully they will come together and play like it by game one.

Big I fan
      Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

Actually IBTT you did blame the defensive end while you you were running your mouth while substituting at school. You are not a coach. Don't talk about other kids. Especially kids who did their best the entire season. NEVER giving up!
      Last edited by Big I fan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
      SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well let's keep it civil here. Ironton should be ok this coming season. Their backfield is back and the new kid from burg will help. He's an older sophomore, so he's stronger than most sophomores. He's also a good athlete. Ironton will probably find its way into the playoffs. I'm not sure they match up with burg yet but the game should be a closer matchup.

Return to “Football”