2017 Season

mttatiger14
Waterboy

2017 Season

Post by mttatiger14 »

What's everybody got? Who's going to make a run again or for the first time this season?

I know for Marietta after an impressive season that came to an end after facing Athens in the District Final losing after giving up 1 hit has left a bitter taste in their mouth they are looking to bounce back and make another run. They are returning every single starter including First Team All Ohio Center Fielder Turner Hill (CF, P), Pitching Aces (1 and 1A) Brandon Schamp(P, 1B) and Trent Dawson (2B, P) along with overall talents with Brandon Neville (3b, P, CF) and Isaac Danford (SS, P) and returning to action after a knee injury is Zach Deskins (OF, DH) who looks to add some extra pop to the lineup as well as a great defender in the OF. Bingler behind the Plate, Eschbaugh at 1st, Kail Hill and Derek Duckworth at 2nd, Danny Hiser and Matthew Earley in Right Every other position will be platooned by an abundance of Seniors and a couple young Sophomores and Juniors. Should be an interesting year for the Tigers! Come on Spring!

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: 2017 Season

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Marietta is certainly going to be solid for sure. If I am correct in my memory, 5 or 6 of those seniors have been playing varsity ball since they were freshmen.

There are many factors that go into teams making tournament runs, some of which are difficult to explain (such as "getting hot"). Usually getting hot has to do with the team culture come tournament time and confidence levels reaching their highest points. But any team that has dominant pitching and some depth in their staff will be in great position to succeed. A lot of teams in southeastern Ohio have some dominant seniors. Seems like this is a good baseball class all over the area, which should make it a fun year to watch in our district.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I think Athens returns all except their #8 and #9 hitters from last season. Sano and Rodgers make for a solid #1 and #2. Should be fun to watch that Div. 2 tounament this season.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Athens has a big senior class but also has some very strong young talent coming into this season. A lot of different guys can contribute. Always very difficult to repeat a huge run from the previous season, but would like to see it continue.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs should do very well, Return all Pitchers and only lost 2 Seniors.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Going to have some nice weather for the start of practice

You can't handle the truth
Wallypipp
Waterboy

Post by Wallypipp »

Rufus wrote:I think Athens returns all except their #8 and #9 hitters from last season. Sano and Rodgers make for a solid #1 and #2. Should be fun to watch that Div. 2 tounament this season.
D2 should be an animal. I believe 5 different teams in the regionals in last 4 years. Not a major difference in many of the teams. They're all capable of beating anybody. It will be interesting.

Return to “Baseball”