Freshman Team

Re: 2017 Valley Indians

Post by UKNate »

Piketon?

come-on-man
Waterboy

Post by come-on-man »

I think Valley will have a bit of a chip on their shoulder after the disappointing season of last year. With everyone healthy and the maturity of the line, I believe we may see Valley not being a pushover for any team on their schedule but an opponent that others may not want to take lightly. JMO

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope Valley can turn things around after last year.
The schedule is going to be rough for them to do this.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Indians will show up, every week. We all knew it would be a small rough patch, but there is a lot of talent on the way. The current kids never quit last year, regardless of the score, and I expect the same this season. Hoping for a .500 year!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Any team to fill that 9/8 Spot?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valenth wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm Any team to fill that 9/8 Spot?
That is the Piketon game. I am not sure where "unknown opponent" came from.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:34 am
Valenth wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm Any team to fill that 9/8 Spot?
That is the Piketon game. I am not sure where "unknown opponent" came from.
Ahh! OK! Thanks for the update! :)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know when the scrimmages are?

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Kind of sad there isnt much discussion about Valley anymore... I know they were down last year and will likely be down this year as well, but the valley community on here has always been one of the best and there is basically nothing coming from anyone. There is a lot more chatter from ND, green, beaver, etc... I have heard that some really good classes are coming up, but where are they at now? Middle School? Freshman?

What does this years team have? Any special kids to keep an eye on? What games are viewed as winnable this year? When does the community expect Valley to get back to being "Valley" that was always so exciting and that challenged for the SOC each year? The SOC really needs Valley to get back quickly... I think it showed in last years playoffs that Valley not being competitive hurt teams because they didnt have that super competitive game against the best coaching staff in the area.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Valley had 4 or 5 really good classes in a row. And that's when they had the 3 straight great seasons.

Right now Valley looks to be down for a while. They look like they've got some decent basketball players at the high school level, but not the 3 sport stars they had for a few years. Looking a what the other SOCII schools have in the high schools now, it may be a while before they win a conference game.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

To be honest...

Many of the fans of Valley on this site either left or just quit posting on here.. The arguments and the thought process that comes from people who simply don't understand the process of football programs have made it pointless to get on here and make responses to people who just want to bring another bunch down. Yeah Valley has been down. They won't be near as down this year. But I don't really look for too many more posts on here than in the last 2 years. Most have just decided to quit posting. We are still big fans and still love the Indians. But it is more fun to sit in a Cove with friends and drink a beer and laugh and talk football than it is to get on here and argue with people that don't really matter.
That's not meant to sound better than others. There is still occasional posts by us. Schedule info and real fans who want to talk about things. It's just that many have grown past this social media hype. That's of course, not to mention that one of our Favorite Indians passed away a few years and he was one of the biggest posters on here. We miss him a lot.
But as for the Indians, We know what we have here. Valley has a good program and a plan that has lasted for about 25 years now. It's a testament to the coaching staff and the kids who believe in the system. Valley will be back and competing the next few years. And expect everything to be just fine here. Valley had a few smaller and less talented classes just graduate. And it's not as much a reflection on the few kids they had, it's more to the fact that at a very small school like Valley and others around here, You'll have that...
Look for this to be the first year of a rebirth of a program that took a 2 year hit. They will compete in virtually every game and I expect every game to be entertaining.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Great post.Wish more schools had your point of view.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pmow3 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:54 pm To be honest...

Many of the fans of Valley on this site either left or just quit posting on here.. The arguments and the thought process that comes from people who simply don't understand the process of football programs have made it pointless to get on here and make responses to people who just want to bring another bunch down. Yeah Valley has been down. They won't be near as down this year. But I don't really look for too many more posts on here than in the last 2 years. Most have just decided to quit posting. We are still big fans and still love the Indians. But it is more fun to sit in a Cove with friends and drink a beer and laugh and talk football than it is to get on here and argue with people that don't really matter.
That's not meant to sound better than others. There is still occasional posts by us. Schedule info and real fans who want to talk about things. It's just that many have grown past this social media hype. That's of course, not to mention that one of our Favorite Indians passed away a few years and he was one of the biggest posters on here. We miss him a lot.
But as for the Indians, We know what we have here. Valley has a good program and a plan that has lasted for about 25 years now. It's a testament to the coaching staff and the kids who believe in the system. Valley will be back and competing the next few years. And expect everything to be just fine here. Valley had a few smaller and less talented classes just graduate. And it's not as much a reflection on the few kids they had, it's more to the fact that at a very small school like Valley and others around here, You'll have that...
Look for this to be the first year of a rebirth of a program that took a 2 year hit. They will compete in virtually every game and I expect every game to be entertaining.
1000000000000% Most of us haven't went anywhere, but saying the same things over and over and beating a dead horse is simply a waste of time.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Valley will be improved this season and more competitive. How that translates into wins is anyones guess. The win over Minford in the last game should give this years team a boost in confidence. The Indians do return a lot from last season. After watching their 8th QB last year I'm guessing he's ready to contribute right off the bat at some position. He was a dandy.

Valley just recently won the SOC 2 three consecutive years. The one class in particular was absolutely loaded with talent and athleticism. It takes both to achieve a high level of success. I keep hearing the group entering 7th grade is loaded. It'll interesting watching them this season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Oak wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm Valley had 4 or 5 really good classes in a row. And that's when they had the 3 straight great seasons.

Right now Valley looks to be down for a while. They look like they've got some decent basketball players at the high school level, but not the 3 sport stars they had for a few years. Looking a what the other SOCII schools have in the high schools now, it may be a while before they win a conference game.
Valley had their worst season in 27 years last fall yet they still won a conference game.

Valley also had good classes every other year for 5 or so years. Not every single year. The problem last year was the first time having back to back down classes. That changes now.

As far as the posting goes, some of the former posters have taken on new roles within the school and athletic programs that make posting on here more difficult.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

This team will be pretty competitive and build on some of their late season success. The main contributers of this team were underclassmen, and their top offensive threat missed most of the season with an injury. The bulk of this year's players are sophomores and juniors, most of which have some varsity experience. A few of the better athletes in the school who did not play last year also came back to football this season. There's only a few unwinnable games on their schedule and I think most people will be surprised by the athleticism and the maturity of the younger players. Valley isn't going to win the league this year, but they won't be a pushover in any game this season. I'm looking forward to some exciting Friday nights in Lucasville again this season. This will be a young hungry team that people will enjoy rooting for.

Return to “Football”