2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton Fighting Tiger 2017 Football

Post by ravensfan9 »

We need depth, a qb, and a defense to stop the spread!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

12gauge wrote:Time will tell...I hope the ones voting for post season awards vote for the ones that are deserving and should have earned the vote. Jaxon Pleasant was stone cold robbed. Sad that it's not what you did but who you are sometimes
He is a very talented kid that can and will play wherever he is needed. I've seen him play Tackle, linebacker, defensive end,running back and corner. I'm sure he had done other positions as well when called on. Only thing I can figure was his injuries in the first half of the season. He played amazing in the games he played and I agree he should have been noticed. I'm sure he will make everyone notice him this season. That kid is a worker and currently working his tail off.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

He is a great kid!

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Game day wrote:
tiger59 wrote:If the staff needs replaced so badly, then the head coach should be fired for hiring them. Period. Dumb.
In a lot of cases I don't think he had choose in the matter. Especially when he has some many family members and x coaches pushing their agenda.
most crazy thing I ever heard of, the head coach always takes the fall. so dumb

Pirate Nation
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Nation »

I really hope Ironton improves from the last several year teams. Our area needs them to be better. The Burg/Ironton games used to be very fun to watch. This hasn't been a close game for quite awhile now.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tiger59 wrote:
Game day wrote:
tiger59 wrote:If the staff needs replaced so badly, then the head coach should be fired for hiring them. Period. Dumb.
In a lot of cases I don't think he had choose in the matter. Especially when he has some many family members and x coaches pushing their agenda.
So you are saying you have never seen a Head Coach replace members on his staff? Then you have never been around the block. This happens every year some place in high school football. Not only at the high school level but all levels of football. Every year a head coach should evaluate his staff 1 to help them get better and 2 if they need to be replaced or moved to strengthen the whole team. That is not dumb that is just common sense!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Pirate Nation wrote:I really hope Ironton improves from the last several year teams. Our area needs them to be better. The Burg/Ironton games used to be very fun to watch. This hasn't been a close game for quite awhile now.

I think every tiger fan hopes for the same thing nation.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Game day wrote:
tiger59 wrote:
Game day wrote:
So you are saying you have never seen a Head Coach replace members on his staff? Then you have never been around the block. This happens every year some place in high school football. Not only at the high school level but all levels of football. Every year a head coach should evaluate his staff 1 to help them get better and 2 if they need to be replaced or moved to strengthen the whole team. That is not dumb that is just common sense!
If the head coach finds out through the fans he needs to change staff and he picked most of his staff in the first place then they all need to go..especially the head coach. He has kept them this long. Why? He musta thought they were good. The teams they field are bad year after year. How is that the assistant coaches faults only. My humble opinion

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Pirate Nation wrote:I really hope Ironton improves from the last several year teams. Our area needs them to be better. The Burg/Ironton games used to be very fun to watch. This hasn't been a close game for quite awhile now.
Only two years ago the game was a one score game at Ironton. If not for a turnover at the end zone it could have gone the other way.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

IBTT wrote:Only two years ago the game was a one score game at Ironton. If not for a turnover at the end zone it could have gone the other way.
But most people recall the 2nd meeting of that year and the 38-7 score

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

4thgoal wrote:
IBTT wrote:Only two years ago the game was a one score game at Ironton. If not for a turnover at the end zone it could have gone the other way.
But most people recall the 2nd meeting of that year and the 38-7 score
By August 1st ironton will have 7-10 D1 kids, the best backfield in the state, there best team since the 70's, and will handle burg week 1 about 52-7. That 7 will come very late because offenses will cower when they look across the line at that D.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I forgot and no way will burg be able to match up athletically with all irontons athletes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LET'S NOT BACK UP TO A LOAD WE CAIN'T HAUL JUST YET YA'LL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

JTEK wrote:I forgot and no way will burg be able to match up athletically with all irontons athletes.
Burg got one game further last season than Ironton and then lost bad to the same team that put Ironton out. Ironton is changing what they were struggling with, now with the majority of the kids working hard in the weight room since the Monday following their loss to Coshocton.

Ironton won't have first year players at Defensive End this year as they had both sides with first game at Burg last year. 400 plus rushing yards came from the DE not understanding how to read to QB fake. If we can improve at that this year, it should be the difference we need to have a good shot at winning. At least this year nearly every player has experience at all positions.

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:I forgot and no way will burg be able to match up athletically with all irontons athletes.
Burg got one game further last season than Ironton and then lost bad to the same team that put Ironton out. Ironton is changing what they were struggling with, now with the majority of the kids working hard in the weight room since the Monday following their loss to Coshocton.

Ironton won't have first year players at Defensive End this year as they had both sides with first game at Burg last year. 400 plus rushing yards came from the DE not understanding how to read to QB fake. If we can improve at that this year, it should be the difference we need to have a good shot at winning. At least this year nearly every player has experience at all positions.
Don't put it all on your DE there. You LB were not the fleetest of foot. Maybe with a little more speed they could run downhill.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burgpro wrote:
IBTT wrote:

Don't put it all on your DE there. You LB were not the fleetest of foot. Maybe with a little more speed they could run downhill.
Don't forget the secondary either, confused the entire game
I wouldn't consider a 10 point loss bad but I guess thats a matter of opinion
Not really a qb fake, he's reading that end

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Why can't we just say we got beat by a better team. Burg adapted to the new style of play and Ironton has stuck with their T formation. The place where they are getting hammered is defensively...the ole 5-2 Cover 2 days have long since gone, especially against Wheelersburg. We need to update the defense and secondary play must improve. I think the offense can be okay, if the kids are in shape to run it right!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll second that notion raven, football has evolved and we're frozen in time.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Don't tell Coldwater that the 5-2 is out they make a living on it. The problem is the Ironton staff does not know how to teach the 5-2 with stunts and man coverage. They try to teach the 4-3 and when you don't know something it shows on the field. I will say it again it's time for change. When the kids have no respect for the staff and they have earned it. It's time for them to move on.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they used to stunt and blitz all the time out of the 5-2. but rarely ever blitz anymore. the offense is more the suspect as far as evolving. but we get burnt deep ALOT IN SCEONDARY COVERAGE.a good passing team always gives ironton fits.
coldwater is a beast all it's own.

Return to “Football”