2017 Wheelersburg Pirates

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 2017 Football

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Oak wrote:Two teams made it in Region 19 with 7 wins. None with 6. Best finish of a 6 win team was 12th. Region 19 usually requires a good point total to make it.
I took a look back from 2013 (when 7 divisions started in football) through this past season in Burg's region, a 6-3 Rock Hill (6th seed) and 6-4 Ironton (8th) made the playoffs last year (2015) while a 5-5 Westfall (7th) and 5-5 Zane Trace (8th) made it in 2013. 7 teams that were 7-2 or 7-3 have made the playoffs since 2013 with at least 1 each year. I could see 6-win Burg could make the playoffs, but I think 7 wins is needed to make the playoffs most years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I remember a lot of times in the past when ironton played columbus desales for many years and it seemed like we were always ahead till late in the game and they'd come back and beat us. other than a 40-0 shelling we took there in stallion land once. but my point was it seemed like they beat us to get in the playoffs at 5-5 or 6-4. then they'd win state. but they were playing teams on their schedule like mooney, Watterson, Hartley, and the like and some schools from the upper divisions.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pirate Nation
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Nation »

I hope that the Hartley game will be on a Saturday night. The gate would be incredible. A ton of people from the area would come to the Ed for that one!

EagleFan89
JV Team

Re: mad-dogg

Post by EagleFan89 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:I received a text today from a reliable source sayin we picked up bishop hartley next yr. It's at least a 2 yr deal
2017 or 2018?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

EagleFan89 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:I received a text today from a reliable source sayin we picked up bishop hartley next yr. It's at least a 2 yr deal
2017 or 2018?

I thought I read it is for the 2018 season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Hartley is also a great pickup guys.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

EagleFan89 wrote:
2017 or 2018?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
EagleFan89 wrote:
2017 or 2018?

I thought I read it is for the 2018 season.
it is 2018. that would be next season. 2017 is this season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

8-2 Regular Season Record

11-2 Final Season Record

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Abe Froman wrote:8-2 Regular Season Record

11-2 Final Season Record
Who you have losses to? And you're saying they win it all? No more losses?

Burg has talent returning. This should be a year where expectations are high but I agree they will be tested and probably will lose a couple, which is what they need. Ironton will be a tough out, Jackson and watterson too. Favorable schedule for home games. Should be a fun year.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

wobycat wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:8-2 Regular Season Record

11-2 Final Season Record
Who you have losses to? And you're saying they win it all? No more losses?

Burg has talent returning. This should be a year where expectations are high but I agree they will be tested and probably will lose a couple, which is what they need. Ironton will be a tough out, Jackson and watterson too. Favorable schedule for home games. Should be a fun year.
My bad meant 10-3 final record. Have them losing week 13 again.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

I'm guessing 9-3.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

If they get bumped up to D4, that is a whole different animal. Look at the team that beat Waverly last year which got destroyed the following week.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oak wrote:If they get bumped up to D4, that is a whole different animal. Look at the team that beat Waverly last year which got destroyed the following week.
correct me if i'm wrong but in order for burg to jump up to 4 based on last year's div numbers wouldn't they have to have 20 kids on team living outside of school district? they may have a couple but i would find it hard to believe there anywhere near 20

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Possibly. But the cutoff numbers are not set in stone and it looks like everyone is smaller this year so the cutoff may be much lower than it was last year. They may make it but I bet it's close, if the competitive balance is used.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

wont be close at all D5 top half 10 kids shy at 175

14U
S

Post by 14U »

When I went to watch burg-cold water few years back their dads were telling me they want to play teams around here but nobody would call back. They will play anybody they told us and would like to make it a yearly thing

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I remember a lot of times in the past when ironton played columbus desales for many years and it seemed like we were always ahead till late in the game and they'd come back and beat us. other than a 40-0 shelling we took there in stallion land once. but my point was it seemed like they beat us to get in the playoffs at 5-5 or 6-4. then they'd win state. but they were playing teams on their schedule like mooney, Watterson, Hartley, and the like and some schools from the upper divisions.

They play some big Cincinnati team in those years too!! Desalts always played big time schedule with Ironton on their scedule. If I remember right Ironton was the smallest school they played

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Hartley is also a great pickup guys.

Yes Hartley is always a good pick up for ur schedule

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I remember a lot of times in the past when ironton played columbus desales for many years and it seemed like we were always ahead till late in the game and they'd come back and beat us. other than a 40-0 shelling we took there in stallion land once. but my point was it seemed like they beat us to get in the playoffs at 5-5 or 6-4. then they'd win state. but they were playing teams on their schedule like mooney, Watterson, Hartley, and the like and some schools from the upper divisions.

Yes but Ironton would play anybody back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. They came away with some losses but it made the fighting tiger better and stronger when their playoff run came around game 11 and on!! Another thing Ironton and Portsmouth done alike back in the 80's and 90's was pick up big WV teams for good points. Don't know why those two schools got away from playing the WV schools they never lost too for easy points?

Return to “Football”