SOC1 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

brown22
Varsity

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 »

Eastern beat ND tonight. The Eagles are now 5-0 in league play.

GO EAGLES
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Updated

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

mattash wrote:Green @ Eastern make up?
January 28

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

New Boston @ East make up?

Michael Scott
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

This is pretty much how I seen the league being this year. I figured Western would be behind at least 3 teams didn't see them and New Boston being tied in league play but anything can happen in this league.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Notre Dame beat East 77-59

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Mailman wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.
I had the pleasure of attending this game last night with my father-in-law. A lack of offense was their problem. It does not seem like they are playing as a team right now. Scott did not start but once he was out there he wasn't a "force". He gets away with too much in my opinion (travels when he spins and picks up both feet, over the back, and just pushing people when the ball is in the air). I believe their were 3-4 technical fouls as well. (Coach with 1, players with 3), at one point a kid was sent off the bench to the locker room mid game for his actions on the bench.

At what point in time as an AD do you step back, look at the amount of personal fouls, technical fouls and misconduct, and realize that maybe it's the leadership that is allowing this to happen? Oh wait...

I honestly do not see this happening at other schools in the conference. It's one thing to fight for your team and try to show them you have their backs, but East takes it to a new level.

At what point do the members of the SOC 1 begin to think, what if East wasn't in the SOC any longer? Just hypothetical, not trying to imply anything, but will it get any better there?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?
Hints the "oh wait..." after the AD line I made. :D

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

js7_22 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

4.) Good for New Boston!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)
Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Eastern has looked really good lately , and right now r the favorites to win the league and get the #1 seed in the tourney, but I don't want them to get too over confident , Western , at Clay , at East, at Notre Dame are all tough games , games that eastern could lose if they don't keep their focus and intensity, Barrick is a great coach , I'm confident he will have the eagles ready and focused for this tough stretch run they have ahead of them .
Go Eagles!!!!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

brown22 wrote:
js7_22 wrote:

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

4.) Good for New Boston!

Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.
I wouldn't say Western can't, Western has the capability to play with Eastern, beat them in the holiday tournament game. It's high school, kids are kids. Should be a good second half though.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Agree js7_22, no way would I say can't , I am an eagle fan and I believe eastern is the favorite, but western is more than capable of knocking off Eastern, like I stated earlier Eastern is playing really well , but u never want to get too confident.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Updated

Michael Scott
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

js7_22 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
js7_22 wrote:

I wouldn't say Western can't, Western has the capability to play with Eastern, beat them in the holiday tournament game. It's high school, kids are kids. Should be a good second half though.
Didn't say they Can't beat them, I said I don't think they can again that's just my thoughts.

GO EAGLES
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

[="EPN"]Agree js7_22, no way would I say can't , I am an eagle fan and I believe eastern is the favorite, but western is more than capable of knocking off Eastern, like I stated earlier Eastern is playing really well , but u never want to get too confident.[/quote]

Read the post lol. I didn't say Cant't beat them EPN I was saying I don't think they will do it again referring to Js7-22 saying that Western,Clay,ND have legitimate chances of beating Eastern.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”