Athens @ New Lexington 1/17

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens @ New Lexington 1/17

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

VisionQuest wrote:Griffin Lutz is going to need some players step up and hit some shots-but with that being Said he needs to continue to take it to the Rim-but if 3 or 4 guys are in his Face he needs to kick it to his Wings-Sometimes he just tries to do too Much-Players are wide open on the Wing and he is Forcing the Shot-For this reason I like Bartoe over him as far as this Aspect alone-Well that and the 3 Ball
I would have to guess that the reason why Lutz appears to force more dribble drives to the rim than Bartoe is possibly because of the lack of consistency in Athens' 3-point shooting? Bartoe knows that when he kicks it there's a very good chance that two of his shooters (Yates and Jones) are going to knock it down. Athens has just seen too many rim out. No doubt they have the shooters in Nick Lutz and Cozart. But I have to believe that Bartoe is more confident that his guys are going to hit the shot, thus making him a better distributor.

Like someone said, so many things to factor in...

Just to add something to this topic... New Lexington is a good team. They play as one unit and that unit is very fundamental.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

93Bulldog wrote:Dickleman, Hines and Chubb are 6'3 at best. Hines will be a good post player as he gets older, just a young pup at the moment. Defending the post has been an issue all year. Athens leading rebounder is its point guard. Either they have to (a) box out better or (b) box out better. You can try (C) and give Butcher some minutes, but I'm not sure how much that would help. I say go with option (D) box out better. lol
I agree with options A, B, C, and D.

Seriously though, that big freshman (Butcher) plays more mature than a freshman. You can tell that he knows the game and he certainly has the tools. No doubt he would help coming off the bench. I do understand the hesitancy to bring up freshmen, though. Would only do it if you truly believed the team would benefit. And that decision is not for the fans to make. ;)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

michigan wrote:Might Two writers really be one person Probably....Word is the jury is out on this season. Here we go the naming of players... the dreaded hopes for recognition.
Think what you want Michigan....What's wrong with giving a Kid a Little Credit??...Or calling a kid out if you see something you think they need to work on-It's called Constructive Criticism-Are you a Millenial??-Geesh let's not hurt anyone's feelings....Or maybe You have a kid that's not getting any Credit or something cause he isn't Pulling his weight or Something??-I mean why else would you be "jealous" of a kid getting some Recognition?!?!....Should I have said A Junior #20...instead of his name-Give me a Break....

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Nuke LaLoosh wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Dickleman, Hines and Chubb are 6'3 at best. Hines will be a good post player as he gets older, just a young pup at the moment. Defending the post has been an issue all year. Athens leading rebounder is its point guard. Either they have to (a) box out better or (b) box out better. You can try (C) and give Butcher some minutes, but I'm not sure how much that would help. I say go with option (D) box out better. lol

Seriously though, that big freshman (Butcher) plays more mature than a freshman. You can tell that he knows the game and he certainly has the tools. No doubt he would help coming off the bench. I do understand the hesitancy to bring up freshmen, though. Would only do it if you truly believed the team would benefit. And that decision is not for the fans to make. ;)
You are definitely right-it's not a Fans decision. It is just my opinion from what I have seen. My "crystal ball" says the Big Freshman-can and will make an Impact. Maybe he will get his "shot" this year. If he does I just Hope he keeps his "Head" in the Game. The same things that can make us great-also have the capability to "hinder" us-I.E. PASSION

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote:
michigan wrote:Might Two writers really be one person Probably....Word is the jury is out on this season. Here we go the naming of players... the dreaded hopes for recognition.
Think what you want Michigan....What's wrong with giving a Kid a Little Credit??...Or calling a kid out if you see something you think they need to work on-It's called Constructive Criticism-Are you a Millenial??-Geesh let's not hurt anyone's feelings....Or maybe You have a kid that's not getting any Credit or something cause he isn't Pulling his weight or Something??-I mean why else would you be "jealous" of a kid getting some Recognition?!?!....Should I have said A Junior #20...instead of his name-Give me a Break....

So then when the kid turns the ball over and has a bad game, you will find it perfectly acceptable to roast them on here?

Some do not feel that calling kids out is appropriate, it's high school sports, being a millenial has nothing to do with it. What it does have something to do with is that these young people are fragile and can be emotional, what they do not need is bullied or stigmatized by someone hiding behind a keyboard.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

So then when the kid turns the ball over and has a bad game, you will find it perfectly acceptable to roast them on here?

Some do not feel that calling kids out is appropriate, it's high school sports, being a millenial has nothing to do with it. What it does have something to do with is that these young people are fragile and can be emotional, what they do not need is bullied or stigmatized by someone hiding behind a keyboard.
And don't forget, the refs may have had something to do with it, and the team may not have been at full strength. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

Oh Geez...You are one too-It's called Life...This Society is Raising a Bunch of Whimps-We are in Trouble-Grow a Thick Skin...It will prepare them better for Life

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

VisionQuest wrote:
Nuke LaLoosh wrote:

You are definitely right-it's not a Fans decision. It is just my opinion from what I have seen. My "crystal ball" says the Big Freshman-can and will make an Impact. Maybe he will get his "shot" this year. If he does I just Hope he keeps his "Head" in the Game. The same things that can make us great-also have the capability to "hinder" us-I.E. PASSION
I was actually talking about this fan (me)... saying that it's not my decision to make because I only have limited knowledge based on what I see. I've not seen all the games he's played, but the ones I have seen I know that he does play with passion, as do others, but I've not seen the "attitude" or negative energy that some suggest he brings. BUT, I am not in practices either, so maybe that's where the attitude or lacking of the mental aspect shows up...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Are you talking to me Ground Buck??-For one I did not blame it on the Refs-I said 3 Athens players Fouled Out. I also did not even Mention that Athens was missing 2 players last night-And lastly if you read through my posts I had some Constructive Criticism for Athens-I'm not making any Excuses for them-What is this Forum supposed to be about??-Observations, thoughts, perceptions??-The short time I have been on this Forum I can see why no one wants to Comment or offer anything up-Every thing you put on here is Scrutinized and Analyzed-It's Quite Comical

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Nuke LaLoosh wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:
Nuke LaLoosh wrote:

I was actually talking about this fan (me)... saying that it's not my decision to make because I only have limited knowledge based on what I see. I've not seen all the games he's played, but the ones I have seen I know that he does play with passion, as do others, but I've not seen the "attitude" or negative energy that some suggest he brings. BUT, I am not in practices either, so maybe that's where the attitude or lacking of the mental aspect shows up...
Sometimes we forget how "young" These kids are-some still going through Puberty and Hormones are Raging-Etc-Some kids can step up and be in Control. Take that Chubb kid for instance-the Sophomore-I saw someone post that he is only 15 and from what I see he looks really Comfortable and mature out there on the Court. Doesn't seem to be getting a ton of minutes right now as he is playing behind some Upperclassman. I guess my point is every player is Different-I don't know the Answer-Maybe give Butcher that shot he may Surprise many

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

IMO Butcher is one of those type of players... doesn't play like a freshman. He has poise and obviously knows the game. He can play inside, battles for rebounds and has strong hands... AND he can shoot outside. I'm not an apologist, I've never actually had a conversation with him. I just see many of the same factors in him that have been listed about others (and FWIW, I have seen many of the same factors in others that have been listed about him).

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

VisionQuest wrote:Are you talking to me Ground Buck??-For one I did not blame it on the Refs-I said 3 Athens players Fouled Out. I also did not even Mention that Athens was missing 2 players last night-And lastly if you read through my posts I had some Constructive Criticism for Athens-I'm not making any Excuses for them-What is this Forum supposed to be about??-Observations, thoughts, perceptions??-The short time I have been on this Forum I can see why no one wants to Comment or offer anything up-Every thing you put on here is Scrutinized and Analyzed-It's Quite Comical
I hadn't actually read any of your posts until I saw this one. But I'm good with your comments about those players fouling out. After all, maybe the refs called fouls on the other team too. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What in the world is going on? LOL

I feel like people are avoiding posting because of others flipping out and ripping them for everything they say that someone doesn't agree with. Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, it's just how other people act on here that are running people off.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote:What in the world is going on? LOL

I feel like people are avoiding posting because of others flipping out and ripping them for everything they say that someone doesn't agree with. Being a millenial has nothing to do with it, it's just how other people act on here that are running people off.
Can't blame that on me. I'm new to this Forum. From what I hear this Forum has had problems for awhile now. I'm just trying to bring some New Blood in-Shake things up a little-I bet this Site has increased Traffic Ten Fold since I came on the Scene. Same people and Same Boring stuff on here from what I see...Bunch of Old Men sitting in their Basements talking about the same old stuff and not wanting to hurt any feelings-Blah, Blah, Blah

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote:

Can't blame that on me. I'm new to this Forum. From what I hear this Forum has had problems for awhile now. I'm just trying to bring some New Blood in-Shake things up a little-I bet this Site has increased Traffic Ten Fold since I came on the Scene. Same people and Same Boring stuff on here from what I see...Bunch of Old Men sitting in their Basements talking about the same old stuff and not wanting to hurt any feelings-Blah, Blah, Blah
You sure are a cocky one :lol:

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
sportsmom20 wrote:New Lex out scored 33-22, how many of those were foul shots? They were outstanding from the line.

I'd say quit fouling.

Completely agree Bandit, but getting kids to do that sometimes is tough. I was giving a compliment to New Lex for their consistency on hitting foul shots when they got to the line.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:

You sure are a cocky one :lol:
It's called Humor with a "Dash" of Sarcasm....Some people on here need to Learn it-Feel like I am talking to a Bunch of people who get "their panties in a wad" over the littlest things....Geez

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Whoa now. Im neither old or in a basement. Lol

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

Agree. This site, that was brought to my attention in July, is very similar to the old JJhuddle in the late 90's early 2000. Same people from huddle probably is my guess. There are some constructive basketball conversations, but mixed into that are people who bring their own personal agendas to the table for a certain school, player, coach, team, etc. and then post vague comments towards those subjects that are not factual, helpful or at times have anything to do with high school basketball.

As I have said before in the 90's on huddle, these kids are not pro athletes and they should not be discussed as such. Want to talk about basketball and skills, from a fundamental standpoint, sure. Just in the last couple of days, five different threads have gone down hill to people commenting on kids being held back for " sports", players who people think get time just because of who they are, comments regarding people's personal lives, why players have transferred schools, accusing people of having multiple user names and just straightforward name calling. Honestly, this site at times has become the adult way to "safely" harass people, while sitting behind a keyboard and a "tricky" user name. I ask you, would these conversations and comments go downhill so quickly if everyone had to use their real names and be accountable for their words? Would some of these folks have enough nerve to say these things directly to someone, the answer is NO, NO, NO, they would not. We are trying to teach our children to not do these things on social media, however here we are on a site with a bunch of adults who are no better than some of the teens in the news.

As back to the topic, it was a good game, they are an awesome team from the foul line. They had a great pep band who I totally enjoyed their music! Their school was very accommodating which I appreciated, as I forgot to get my kid food for the bus, and was so grateful to find out they fed our team after the game.
Last edited by sportsmom20 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'm not old but my back is :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”