INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by cbolt »

Sure is a lot of big drop offs in there when it's filled up,that would be some great fishing!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, it sure is a deep Lake. :shock: If you look around and across over there and to give it some scale on the deepness. Most of those trees are adults on the shore line etc, gives some idea on just how deep it is. :shock:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looked it up,deepest spot 722 feet! Says there are sturgeon and brown trout in there along with all the usual and rated as excellent fishing. ;)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Look at the tree/shore line up/over there. :shock: Those boats are big azzz house boats too. This really gives a look/scale on how deep it is in places. :shock: Real deep for a Lake. Looks clean too. Don't see an over population of houses around it, not much raw sewage going in there like some small Lakes. Hint. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Another good scale idea/look of how deep it is if the lake was full up to the tree shore line. The boat down there really gives it scale. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Deep azzzz lake. Can see all the water lines on the slopes from the drought process. :shock: :shock: :shock:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They had to make new boat ramps to accommodate/deal with the drought. The original boat ramps are up above out of this picture. :shock: :shock: :shock: Good showing of how deep this lake really is when it's full. :shock: :shock: :shock: It's needing and craving huge amounts of water. Heard the recent rains helped out some but still needs lots more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Look at the tree/shore line up/over there. :shock: Those boats are big azzz house boats too. This really gives a look/scale on how deep it is in places. :shock: Real deep for a Lake. Looks clean too. Don't see an over population of houses around it, not much raw sewage going in there like some small Lakes. Hint. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

let's hope them docks ain't stationary. fooled me, I thought it was havasu. had no idea what I was looking at till I lokked back, and was shocked to see it was the same lake. crazy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote:They had to make new boat ramps to accommodate/deal with the drought. The original boat ramps are up above out of this picture. :shock: :shock: :shock: Good showing of how deep this lake really is when it's full. :shock: :shock: :shock: It's needing and craving huge amounts of water. Heard the recent rains helped out some but still needs lots more.

that's a stunning picture trench.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

In comparison the deepest spot I found in lake white was 29 feet.
back by the dam.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:In comparison the deepest spot I found in lake white was 29 feet.
back by the dam.
That's plenty deep enough for me. Lake Oroville is too scary deep. Riding and fishing in a boat at night when it was bank/shoreline full, and thinking about how deep it is would be a nervous time for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Amazingly deep for a lake. :shock:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just recently read Rose Lake is one of the deeper lakes in Ohio,almost 70 feet and clean to boot. Pee Pee CrIck should have Lake White filled back up soon with all this rain we been getting. Bait is itching to do some boogie boarding.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:D :D :) :) :P :P Fun. I like tubing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm lookin forward to just lounging around on my noodle. mrs. bait wants one of those big ole inflatable islands. we used to have one. till I found a fred argobast hula popper in the back of it. and someone was trying hard to yank it loose. let a gap you could fit a small calf in before they musta cut er broke their line.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:) :) :) :) :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my floatin noodle trench, my garsh. them long round things you know.just never mind. anyhoo we is getting a lot of rain here, the ground is soaking up a lot of it. and we're 10 days away from the odnr claiming they are allowing the lake to fill. so I'm getting excited one way or tother.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I knew what ya meant about the noodle. My mom has some they use in her swimming pool. I used one for pipe insulation onetime, good for that too. :lol: :lol: Cut a slice down the side of it and stuck it around the pipe. :lol: :lol: It worked. :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:D :D :D :D :D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've done the very same thing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

January 31st is the target date for letting the lake fill back up if the odnr sticks to their guns. we have had a tremendous amount of rain last week or so. hard to say if they are dumping it, or the barren lake bottom is drinking it. there is a great base of really saturated soil now. and a very big stream coming from pee pee creek. and with us having a mild winter, we may be able to maintain the fish that are left with the shallower depths. a hard freeze that is prolonged could be devastating right now. if we have a mild February forecasted the need to pull they dam up to the top n get the fish back in there, so they have a jump start on spring. I was told by an odnr person that once this was complete there may be no need to pull down to winter pools now. which would be awesome. basically other then maybe 10 bitterly cold days so far. people would be able to fish right through.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:January 31st is the target date for letting the lake fill back up if the odnr sticks to their guns. we have had a tremendous amount of rain last week or so. hard to say if they are dumping it, or the barren lake bottom is drinking it. there is a great base of really saturated soil now. and a very big stream coming from pee pee creek. and with us having a mild winter, we may be able to maintain the fish that are left with the shallower depths. a hard freeze that is prolonged could be devastating right now. if we have a mild February forecasted the need to pull they dam up to the top n get the fish back in there, so they have a jump start on spring. I was told by an odnr person that once this was complete there may be no need to pull down to winter pools now. which would be awesome. basically other then maybe 10 bitterly cold days so far. people would be able to fish right through.
Mr. Bait, when the ODNR declares the lake full per their standards, will boat access to the Bill's Bait House and old Pirate's Cove area be better than say 10 years ago or will you still about have to pole your boat in?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “The Off season”