TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Athens_Bulldogs
Waterboy

Re: TVC POY: BARTOE OR LUTZ

Post by Athens_Bulldogs »

93Bulldog wrote:
Athens_Bulldogs wrote:Yates is a good ball player, but he doesn't really have that IT factor. The boy can shoot the lights out that's for sure! And this is no disrespect to any other players in the conference, their are plenty of great ball players throughout our conference.
I have watched games where he had the IT factor. The kid looked great in the tournament last year. Every player has off nights, even Lutz & Bartoe, so unless you've seen a kid play multiple times you cant really judge his ability.
I have not got the opportunity to watch the VC team as much as I would like. When I have I thought it was obvious Bartoe ran the show. I understand what you mean about Yates, he has led the Vikings in scoring a lot of games this season. But to me Bartoe does it all for them, assists, he plays great defense. I just think he brings a little more to the table! Now the VC/Uniota game last year.... VC doesn't make it into the 2nd half without Yates! Seemed like he scored every point for them in the first half. The Young man is a very talented athlete, he's also a great QB

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Athens_Bulldogs wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
Athens_Bulldogs wrote:Yates is a good ball player, but he doesn't really have that IT factor. The boy can shoot the lights out that's for sure! And this is no disrespect to any other players in the conference, their are plenty of great ball players throughout our conference.
I have watched games where he had the IT factor. The kid looked great in the tournament last year. Every player has off nights, even Lutz & Bartoe, so unless you've seen a kid play multiple times you cant really judge his ability.
I have not got the opportunity to watch the VC team as much as I would like. When I have I thought it was obvious Bartoe ran the show. I understand what you mean about Yates, he has led the Vikings in scoring a lot of games this season. But to me Bartoe does it all for them, assists, he plays great defense. I just think he brings a little more to the table! Now the VC/Uniota game last year.... VC doesn't make it into the 2nd half without Yates! Seemed like he scored every point for them in the first half. The Young man is a very talented athlete, he's also a great QB
If I remember correctly, Didn't Yates play 8th Grade twice and should be with this seasons graduating class? I may be mistaken though.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:
Athens_Bulldogs wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
If I remember correctly, Didn't Yates play 8th Grade twice and should be with this seasons graduating class? I may be mistaken though.
Now this would be an interesting New Topic..."Holding A Student Back For Sports"...Many would have opinions on that I am sure-But this Topic is About Bartoe and Lutz-this year...Yates will be in the Running next year I'm sure-Even if he is a 19 yr old Senior

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
Athens_Bulldogs wrote:
Now this would be an interesting New Topic..."Holding A Student Back For Sports"...Many would have opinions on that I am sure-But this Topic is About Bartoe and Lutz-this year...Yates will be in the Running next year I'm sure-Even if he is a 19 yr old Senior

Stop over to the football board, comes up almost yearly with a couple Southern Ohio schools.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Naylan Yates, I believe repeated the 7th grade, I could be mistaken. However, it was because he was one of the youngest in his class. His father, a football coach, thought that it would be advantageous for him with regards to football, it would allow his body to mature so that he could take the physical demands of high school football coming in year one. Because of this maturity, he is in the top of his class, he is stronger, mentally prepared, and competitively determined, thus, he is getting letters, invites, interests, from schools like, Northwestern, Harvard, Yale, Penn, and Iowa State and Youngstown State.

What is even scarier, is that both Tristan Bartoe and Derick Jones are relatively young for their class also, can you imagine them, the three of them, for another year. Wow.

As for the topic at hand, of course I would vote for Bartoe, not just because I am bias. Those that know me, know that I don't vote or express opinions without a factual point of view; however, while we are in season, I will refrain from expressing my opinion as to why Bartoe over Lutz.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

LOL He turned 18 back on November 18th. He was one of the oldest in the class he left.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Naylan Yates, I believe repeated the 7th grade, I could be mistaken. However, it was because he was one of the youngest in his class. His father, a football coach, thought that it would be advantageous for him with regards to football, it would allow his body to mature so that he could take the physical demands of high school football coming in year one. Because of this maturity, he is in the top of his class, he is stronger, mentally prepared, and competitively determined, thus, he is getting letters, invites, interests, from schools like, Northwestern, Harvard, Yale, Penn, and Iowa State and Youngstown State.

What is even scarier, is that both Tristan Bartoe and Derick Jones are relatively young for their class also, can you imagine them, the three of them, for another year. Wow.

As for the topic at hand, of course I would vote for Bartoe, not just because I am bias. Those that know me, know that I don't vote or express opinions without a factual point of view; however, while we are in season, I will refrain from expressing my opinion as to why Bartoe over Lutz.
I don't think Athens allows a Student to be Held back for Sports...Correct me someone if I am Wrong

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A parent can hold a kid back. Even at Athens. They just say its for maturity and has nothing to do with sports. lol

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I don't think anyone should be breaking down 'parenting reasons' other than the parents. no one knows why he was truly held back other than close family members. All this is just speculation..

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Bartoe and Lutz are very comparible to their skills at handling the ball and getting to the rim. The one advantage that I have seen, is the outside game. Have to give the advantage there to Bartoe. Athens relies mainly on Lutz for scoring twenty plus a game. Bartoe has several others that can light the scoreboard up for 20 plus. He is very unselfish with the ball and is constantly feeding the others for points for the team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Having seen both this season...multiple times over the years. I think it's gotta be set up for a Co MVP. They are so similar and are simply a star of dire need for each team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Skiisme wrote:Bartoe and Lutz are very comparible to their skills at handling the ball and getting to the rim. The one advantage that I have seen, is the outside game. Have to give the advantage there to Bartoe. Athens relies mainly on Lutz for scoring twenty plus a game. Bartoe has several others that can light the scoreboard up for 20 plus. He is very unselfish with the ball and is constantly feeding the others for points for the team.
Having several other who can light up the scoreboard is definately an advantage though.

Is there any VC person that thinks it should be Lutz? Is there a person from Athens that thinks it should be Bartoe?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Me being Neutral, I am going to have to go with Lutz, Reason being is I think if you take him off the floor then you have an average Athens team.

They both go to the bucket very well, I think Bartoe is probably a little better defensively and outside shooter as well. But Lutz a better rebounder.

I guess there really is no comparing them, because they don't play under the same circumstances. But Athens without Lutz will struggle, VC without Bartoe, several others such as Jones, Yates step up.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

tvc_fan wrote:Me being Neutral, I am going to have to go with Lutz, Reason being is I think if you take him off the floor then you have an average Athens team.

They both go to the bucket very well, I think Bartoe is probably a little better defensively and outside shooter as well. But Lutz a better rebounder.

I guess there really is no comparing them, because they don't play under the same circumstances. But Athens without Lutz will struggle, VC without Bartoe, several others such as Jones, Yates step up.
So you would punish Bartoe for having a better team?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

hateraid wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:Me being Neutral, I am going to have to go with Lutz, Reason being is I think if you take him off the floor then you have an average Athens team.

So you would punish Bartoe for having a better team?
No punishment, but defenses has to account for many other players beside him and also he had Allbright there last few years as well.

Like I said can't really compare apples to apples because of circumstances.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:A parent can hold a kid back. Even at Athens. They just say its for maturity and has nothing to do with sports. lol
Most kids end up being labeled as a "red shirt" Among Parents and Athletes-Then again if it ends up getting the Kid a Full Ride somewhere...I would say the Parents or Kids cares less what people think and "laugh all the way to the bank"...And they get the opportunity to continue to play a game they Love...Just some thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread is about Lutz and Bartoe.

Start a separate thread...I'm sure it will flourish

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote:This thread is about Lutz and Bartoe.

Really?!?!...This is the most action this site has seen in a couple of days and you are trying to shut it down-Lol...No wonder it's in "trouble"....Same thing about the topic of "being a coaches kid"...I guarantee you people kept checking back on that "friendly banter" which was eventually Censored..Then I took a look at a Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill-Calling out the head coach Ater-acted like they wanted to "lynch" that guy-Really?!?!-And the comments remain???...I'm new to this site but it's no wonder why Viewership is Down

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:

Really?!?!...This is the most action this site has seen in a couple of days and you are trying to shut it down-Lol...No wonder it's in "trouble"....Same thing about the topic of "being a coaches kid"...I guarantee you people kept checking back on that "friendly banter" which was eventually Censored..Then I took a look at a Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill-Calling out the head coach Ater-acted like they wanted to "lynch" that guy-Really?!?!-And the comments remain???...I'm new to this site but it's no wonder why Viewership is Down
Trying to shut it down? Not in anyway shape or form. You don't think I want this site to have a lot of discussion?

If I'm a TVC basketball fan that reads this site and sees this thread....I'm gonna wanna read about the debate of which player might be more deserving, but must sift through many posts that began by singling out 1 player...and named him. It's not slanderous or that huge of a deal....but why not start it's own thread and leave kids names out of it? I would definitely discuss that topic as would many others I bet....but on a Lutz vs Bartoe thread does it really have any place?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote:

Also, since you seem to think I'm some big part of the censorship or whatever....I've been actively posting on this site in football, boys and girls basketball, softball, baseball, track, xc, volleyball and jr high sports for 10 years ....1 time have I ever flagged a post to a moderator to be removed and it was a ridiculous troll who wouldn't stop. I'm not the problem (if there is one)

Return to “Boys Basketball”