7th Grade Boys Basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
bbjunky81
SEO

Re: 7th Grade Boys Basketball

Post by bbjunky81 »

toast wrote:Waverly 8-0

Does anyone have any information on Minford? I heard they were pretty good. Waverly was to play them last week but the game got postponed.
Minford 7th was undefeated coming into Webster on Monday night, and suffered their first loss at the hands of the Jeeps.

Minford 7th should be 6-1, or somewhere along those lines.

South Webster 7th: 6-2 (losses to Jackson, and @ Burg last night)
South Webster 8th: 7-1 (1st loss of season last night @ Burg)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Coming off that point -- I would rank the 7th grade teams in or around the SOC area as follows.

1.) Jackson
2.) Waverly

pretty good sized gap

3.) South Webster
4.) Minford
5.) Wheelersburg

Jackson and Waverly are BARELY separated. I'd love to see that matchup, I truly feel it could go either way.

Gap between 3-5 is minimal, and pretty much interchangeable.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ironman92 wrote:

Does anyone have any information on Minford? I heard they were pretty good. Waverly was to play them last week but the game got postponed.
Who has Waverly played? From 3rd thru 6th grade we played them a lot. They always handled us in 3rd and 4th...5th grade games were tight but they always got us...last year in 6th grade we beat them 3x (I think by 2,7 and 10 points) This year we have a starting player that wasn't on the 6th grade team and another good scoring bench player as well....but Daddy ball is over now :)

Who coaches Waverly 7th grade?

Waverly has beat Chillicothe and Wheelersburg. Chillicothe was our closest game so far with an 18 point win. We play them at home next Wednesday I believe. Sounds like Minford is pretty good.

Waverly is coached by Willie Hobbs. Long time Waverly resident and former head boys basketball coach. We also have one starter this year that did not play in 6th grade. I saw Waverly and Jackson play each other in 5th grade. Wow, what a game! Jackson was very good and much bigger than Waverly. I'm hearing there is a chance Waverly and Jackson will play each other this year.

Are both teams in the tournament at Beaver Eastern at the end of the season? What an epic battle that would be if they meet each other!
Last edited by toast on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

bbjunky81 wrote:

Minford 7th was undefeated coming into Webster on Monday night, and suffered their first loss at the hands of the Jeeps.

Nice post, thank you! Would you happen to have a ball park score on the 7th grade game of South Webster vs Jackson?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:

Nice post, thank you! Would you happen to have a ball park score on the 7th grade game of South Webster vs Jackson?
We led 37-14 at half and won 52-29

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I thought we were going to have a year end final with Jackson vs Waverly at Eastern Tournament...but Jackson dropping out and getting into a talented Logan tournament with undefeated Meigs, 1 loss Logan, 2 loss Vinton Co, Chillicothe and Athens

Be great if Waverly could get in

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ironman92 wrote:I thought we were going to have a year end final with Jackson vs Waverly at Eastern Tournament...but Jackson dropping out and getting into a talented Logan tournament with undefeated Meigs, 1 loss Logan, 2 loss Vinton Co, Chillicothe and Athens

Be great if Waverly could get in
Thanks for the update on the score vs South Webster. The Logan tournament sounds like a dandy. I'll pass the infomation along but I have no pull. Lol

I'll definitely be interested in the results of that tournament.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Who has Waverly played? From 3rd thru 6th grade we played them a lot. They always handled us in 3rd and 4th...5th grade games were tight but they always got us...last year in 6th grade we beat them 3x (I think by 2,7 and 10 points) This year we have a starting player that wasn't on the 6th grade team and another good scoring bench player as well....but Daddy ball is over now :)

Who coaches Waverly 7th grade?

Waverly has beat Chillicothe and Wheelersburg. Chillicothe was our closest game so far with an 18 point win. We play them at home next Wednesday I believe. Sounds like Minford is pretty good.

Waverly is coached by Willie Hobbs. Long time Waverly resident and former head boys basketball coach. We also have one starter this year that did not play in 6th grade. I saw Waverly and Jackson play each other in 5th grade. Wow, what a game! Jackson was very good and much bigger than Waverly. I'm hearing there is a chance Waverly and Jackson will play each other this year.

Are both teams in the tournament at Beaver Eastern at the end of the season? What an epic battle that would be if they meet each other!
Former varsity coach working the 7th grade job...that's a great asset. Robertson and Stully are lightning quick and fun to watch. Futhey a nice big post player with strength and skill. We never beat them until the 6th grade...like you said the 5th grade games were good ones. In 6th grade Jackson combined their 2 travel teams and we added a great guard and then had another transfer in after 5th grade and he's an outstanding athlete and great shooter....and now in 7th added a starter that wasn't on the 6th grade team.

AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

Looking forward to this tournament. 7th grade basketball is way down this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

AllTvc wrote:Looking forward to this tournament. 7th grade basketball is way down this year.

So many teams just aren't very good at all. A couple teams I've seen seem like their kids have never played much ball at all.

Has Meigs faced any real good teams?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

AllTvc wrote:Looking forward to this tournament. 7th grade basketball is way down this year.
Could be there is several real good teams.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

Meigs has not had one game with any competition. Their only game would be with vinton and it was postponed. Starters are only playing 1-2 quarters.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

AllTvc wrote:Meigs has not had one game with any competition. Their only game would be with vinton and it was postponed. Starters are only playing 1-2 quarters.
That's really too bad. Meigs is such and excellent team but you want to be challenged to help you improve. Jackson typically gets the starters 10-12 minutes. Hard to get a true feel of getting it done in the 4th being tired and maybe foul trouble.

Meigs has one of the elite 7th grade players and great size/length. Do they have the girl still playing or is she dominating jr high girls?

AllTvc
Waterboy

Post by AllTvc »

I believe the girl from Meigs is playing for the 8th grade team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

AllTvc wrote:I believe the girl from Meigs is playing for the 8th grade team.
8th grade girls? She was a good good player.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson defeats Alexander to move to 9-0

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly over Chillicothe 39-21.

Chillicothe has a nice team. They're very athletic and have good size. First time all season Waverly was in foul trouble. To their credit the Tigers keep their composure and stayed focused. Entertaining game to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chilly definitely has good 7th grade athletes. Nice margin

Jackson wins tonight to go 10-0

Tough tough matchup with Logan tomorrow.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ironman92: Do you know the record of the 7th grade Logan team?

Be sure and let us know how the game plays out. I'm assuming you will be going. :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:Ironman92: Do you know the record of the 7th grade Logan team?

Be sure and let us know how the game plays out. I'm assuming you will be going. :)

I've heard they have lost one but every score I have seen was about a 50 point win. They have scouted us twice and I don't think we know anything about them. Gonna be tough.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”