2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Oak wrote:Something funny. You support talking like that about a kid?
I agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

do we not think sometimes how young these kids are.
and how things can change in a years time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgFan101
Waterboy

Post by BurgFan101 »

He's a very good athlete and it wouldn't surprise me if he is the starter next season. I just don't see Ironton changing their offense to accommodate what he can do.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

BurgFan101 wrote:He's a very good athlete and it wouldn't surprise me if he is the starter next season. I just don't see Ironton changing their offense to accommodate what he can do.
That's a valid point. Sometimes kids are expected to conform to a school's offensive scheme. It has to be the other way around. You have to be able to utilize, and maximize the talent you have. If you have a huge offensive line that can push people around, and a bruising backfield, and you want to run the ball up the middle 40 times a game then so be it. If you have a mobile quarterback with a strong accurate arm, and your line is middle of the road don't make him hand the ball off 40 times. It is the difference between being good and potentially being great.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the mark of a good coach as well is being versatile. putting the best players where they need to be regardless who they are, and being decent at every aspect of the game, and utilizing what you have every year to the best of your abilities. it might be fullhouse backfield one year or a power I or a spread team. but you better be versed at all of it or you get shut down. and be just as creative on defense, and sound in the special teams area.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the mark of a good coach as well is being versatile. putting the best players where they need to be regardless who they are, and being decent at every aspect of the game, and utilizing what you have every year to the best of your abilities. it might be fullhouse backfield one year or a power I or a spread team. but you better be versed at all of it or you get shut down. and be just as creative on defense, and sound in the special teams area.
Agree
Last edited by fbnut on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

A good head coach sets the rules and enforces them. A good player wants to play regardless of position. Players and parents do not dictate the rules nor the direction of the team. I was taught that at the beginning of my sports career and it never left me. If a coach does not command respect of those he is coaching, including his assistant coaches, then success will be a lost cause. It starts at top. Always has and always will.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AMEN BROTHER. I ONLY GOT TO PLAY THROUGH MY SOPHOMORE YEAR , BUT I STILL DRAW ON THOSE LESSONS.
AND HAVING A GREAT PAPPY WITH THE SAME GAME PLAN HELPED ME AS WELL.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The young man is really good and in my opinion could start at the Burg, and his brother left the Burg in like 3rd or 4th grade, so he never played at the Burg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mavrick2016 wrote:The young man is really good and in my opinion could start at the Burg, and his brother left the Burg in like 3rd or 4th grade, so he never played at the Burg.
No question, I think the issue was he wasn't going to start at qb. At least not in 17.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

fbnut wrote:
Mavrick2016 wrote:The young man is really good and in my opinion could start at the Burg, and his brother left the Burg in like 3rd or 4th grade, so he never played at the Burg.
No question, I think the issue was he wasn't going to start at qb. At least not in 17.

He would have played some where, he's good enough to start now for the Burg. He's also a good basketball and baseball player.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well welcome to the fighting tigers young man.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mavrick2016 wrote:
fbnut wrote:

He would have played some where, he's good enough to start now for the Burg. He's also a good basketball and baseball player.
I agree. Might have started both ways just not at the position he wants to play. I have no issues with kids switching schools, good luck to him. Burg will be fine without him and ironton will be better with him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is this a moved family, or an open enrollment situation. don't matter to me as long as a young'un gets a good education and disciplined learnins and coachin.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:is this a moved family, or an open enrollment situation. don't matter to me as long as a young'un gets a good education and disciplined learnins and coachin.
They moved in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

then why is everybody upset about it. he's a student now as well as a resident, thanks for the info mav.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Good stable of backs, few linemen return. What can be done to improve the beginning of the year? Better conditioning?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Saw the above mentioned player at the Burg-SP game in the Burg student section. Did he really leave for Ironton?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Saw the above mentioned player at the Burg-SP game in the Burg student section. Did he really leave for Ironton?
he's been to most if not all the games
it would surprise me if the young man had much say in the move

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JTEK wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Saw the above mentioned player at the Burg-SP game in the Burg student section. Did he really leave for Ironton?
he's been to most if not all the games
it would surprise me if the young man had much say in the move

He was interacting with a lot of other kids so for him to be taken away from that against his will is really sad. You could tell he still has friends at Burg.

Return to “Football”