2017 Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: GA Football Job

Post by Stone Cold »

If that is true george, the only reason i would see him staying at Meigs would be b/c of loyalty. Do you know when they offered him the gallia job?

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

maybe 15 - 20 years ago

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought mike bartrum was at meigs or is this an asst. meigs football is definitely heading back in the right direction lately.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Mike Chancey was the coach before Mike Bartrum

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Cleaned it up some

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

What is going to happen if Coach Penrod and Coach Chancey are happy where they are at?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Wall -Mart !

notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

Josh Rife is a good football coach with a great football background. He is the type of person that anyone would want their son to play for. Simple facts are that GA does not have the talent they once had. If they had talent Coach Rife and staff would have had a winning record. Penrod i am sure is a good football coach, Alexander had one of the if not the most talented groups of kids come through the last couple of years and they won some games. What happened this year? Did Penrod take the year off? No they finished dead last in the TVC because they were the least talented team in the TVC. Same scenario holds true for Mike Chancey when they had talented players at Meigs his teams won games, no talent no wins.

I beleive it is arrogant/dangerous to hire a guy give him 2 years fire him because he didnt win enough games when no coach in America would win with that bunch. Then think other coaches will knock your door down to come to GA and deal with that? Laughable. Swimming in some murky water GA.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

george wrote:Mike Chancey was the coach before Mike Bartrum
oh okay. I knew I knew that name is he still coaching

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I thought mike bartrum was at meigs or is this an asst. meigs football is definitely heading back in the right direction lately.
What direction is that? Losing games you should win? Or overscheduling so you have no chance to make the playoffs? Lol

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

why didn't gallia hire penrod in 2013? Seems like gallia has been awful since penrod and eddy left.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

O-Yes !

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
george wrote:Mike Chancey was the coach before Mike Bartrum
oh okay. I knew I knew that name is he still coaching
Chancey [ started back last season ] coaching at Racine Southern Bartrum is at Meigs

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Raider6309 wrote:why didn't gallia hire penrod in 2013? Seems like gallia has been awful since penrod and eddy left.
Because they didn't do a coaching search.. they had did one the year before..and just contacted second finalist and hired him.. lazy athletic director at time.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Penrod would be a homerun hire. Not sure if they can lure him away from Alexander, but if so, Gallia can pats themselves on the back for a job well done.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bbjunky81 wrote:Penrod would be a homerun hire. Not sure if they can lure him away from Alexander, but if so, Gallia can pats themselves on the back for a job well done.
I think he is very happy at Alexander. The community loves him and his family. He is in a good situation. He has kids who are willing to work their tails off and parents who are willing to do anything for the program.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know he is happy, and if he doesn't apply I will understand.. But I also know he knows he could build the same thing here.. he was the spearhead that got a lot of people involved when coach Eddy was here..

I wrongly gave Eddy some of that credit when he was here I realized after Eddy was gone quite a few things I thought was coach Eddy was really coach Penrod's..

I personally haven't talked to Alex since the first week of football season.. I would love to have him back but if not there are a lot of different people and a lot of different ways to get the job done.. I just hope they find one.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Who ever gets the job it will take time !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Schools have to make educational plans that the school will follow for 1 year and 5+ years.As well as plans for almost everything involved with running a school. But many do not have a plan for coaches to follow besides job requirements. Not what the school will provide and support. Or even a 5 year plan to make major changes. High school football successful programs start with when kids start playing football in the lower grades. Coordination with the coaches. As well as a fitness plan for each player along with pushing education. Working everything together. Includes even more. But can not short change equipment and playing fields.

This is a school sport that to have a program year after year must be worked on the field and off. Team unity of players as well as parents and supporters. If not you kind of have the Cleveland Browns. With change all the time and not getting anywhere.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

"TRUE "

Return to “Football”