Logan @ VC 1/10

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan @ VC 1/10

Post by pfloyd »

Myers is still learning to be a scorer... he shoots the 3 ball so well teams have get out on him - if they don't it's almost automatic put a 3 in the book ... if they extend out to put pressure on him he does EXACTLY as he should - put it on the floor and take it to the rim ... he's a very nice player AND long !

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Like I said I was at the game last night (seen the Chiefs couple times ) Logan will surprise some teams . One point and very specific was the only time Landis was on Bartoe was on a switch nothing more. Posters on here are like a lot in other areas they see certain things . Logan offense starts with motion and then it success depends on ball rotation . Each game that I was at the ball rotation stops . One or two more passes would create a better shooting opportunity . I do not have a dog in the fight but I do look at the technique and fundamentals and the people of Logan should be proud of such a young team . Vinton County is for real . Post what you want BUT THE MORE EXPERINCE TEAM WON in a very tough atmosphere.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

floyd -

Thanks for the run down. Excited for the future of Chieftain hoops.

And again, continue to be impressed with Coach Combs and his program down in McArthur. Still remember him bringing his team up to Logan and winning on senior night my junior year of high school - against arguably the most talented and successful class in school history.

Hope the Vikings can make a long run in March. But after a loss to the purple crew in February :)

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

I can not figure out why these schools wont play us.....Could it be possible that our dominance over Athens years ago has scared them off?

Thoughts?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Do not know what school is yours but by all means please call our AD and after this year we will be looking for games I'm sure. And I doubt that VC would be afraid to play you either!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hannancoach wrote:I can not figure out why these schools wont play us.....Could it be possible that our dominance over Athens years ago has scared them off?

Thoughts?
Lets see the prove of this dominance....or the most goes

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

2009 I find it a little odd after a loss that I'm sure the WHOLE TEAM took hard that you are worried about praise for one player and lack of by the radio guys. Scott and Misti ( wade in football ) looks at things in an impartial way . The Chieftains are all friends and the biggest asset will be unity throughout their years .

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Chieftain Fan wrote:2009 I find it a little odd after a loss that I'm sure the WHOLE TEAM took hard that you are worried about praise for one player and lack of by the radio guys. Scott and Misti ( wade in football ) looks at things in an impartial way . The Chieftains are all friends and the biggest asset will be unity throughout their years .
I definitely did not mean it in that way. Scott and Misty do a great job, and I love listening to them! I don't think (or hope) any took that the wrong way.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

hannancoach wrote:I can not figure out why these schools wont play us.....Could it be possible that our dominance over Athens years ago has scared them off?

Thoughts?
What school are you referring to?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

"UNITY" among players, coaches ,fans and radio announcers will make this a strong program and glad you are along for the ride . Go Chiefs!!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Chieftain Fan wrote:"UNITY" among players, coaches ,fans and radio announcers will make this a strong program and glad you are along for the ride . Go Chiefs!!!!!
Agreed! Go Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ty Webb wrote:A solid win for VC tonight & also great to see Tristan Bartoe get his 1,000. point in the 2nd quarter. This young man is so much fun to watch. He can spot up & shoot, but he's even more effective at taking it to the rack. Great talking with pfloyd tonight too.
... Tristan Bartoe has met every challenge he has faced off the court and on the court ... a cancer survivor as a youth - he's a winner - he doesn't know how to lose ... it shows on the court ... in his career at VC THE PG in SouthEastern Ohio that all others are compared is Griffin Lutz of Athens - a great talent - when VC has played Athens THAT matchup of PGs - Lutz vs Bartoe- has been there naturally ... TB has never backed down from the challenge - he has ALWAYS accepted the challenge and taken it right at Griffin Lutz - imo they BOTH have the ability to beat you off the dribble /get to the rim ... Tristan Bartoe is BETTER than G Lutz in that he HAS the perimeter/3 point shot to go with the ability to breakdown a defense & get to the rim or get into the lane and find either the open perimeter shooter or a big in the paint ... I told a VC gentleman I was sitting beside last night - yes in my purple - it has been a total pleasure to have been able to watch Tristan Bartoe play the game of basketball ... one of the best to ever play the game Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

... Ty Webb ! always a pleasure to share game thoughts & talk hoops with you when I come to McArthur ! ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I don't believe I said anything about this yet. Congrats to Mr. Bartoe on surpassing 1,000 career points!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I don't believe I said anything about this yet. Congrats to Mr. Bartoe on surpassing 1,000 career points!!
2nd this

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote:Like I said I was at the game last night (seen the Chiefs couple times ) Logan will surprise some teams . One point and very specific was the only time Landis was on Bartoe was on a switch nothing more. Posters on here are like a lot in other areas they see certain things . Logan offense starts with motion and then it success depends on ball rotation . Each game that I was at the ball rotation stops . One or two more passes would create a better shooting opportunity . I do not have a dog in the fight but I do look at the technique and fundamentals and the people of Logan should be proud of such a young team . Vinton County is for real . Post what you want BUT THE MORE EXPERINCE TEAM WON in a very tough atmosphere.
... in the game I watched last night at VC ... Landis picked up Bartoe defensively in the 2nd half , chasing him in the half court ... I noted it in my napkin stats because it surprised me somewhat BUT when Caiden had either Naylan Yates (1st half) or Tristan Bartoe (2nd half) he held them to their lowest output of the game ... when they were each defended by someone else was when they both went off offensively ...

... Logan has excellent basketball players even the players you attribute to being young have varsity experience from last year - Bo Myers (10), Caiden Landis (11), Caleb Bell (10) all lettered varsity last season which correct me if I'm wrong is directly the result of playing time on varsity last season ... Coby Bell saw varsity minutes and he may have earned a varsity letter as well (less PT than Caleb for sure but dressed varsity and saw the floor) ... Kory Henthorne (12) varsity letterman ... Colton Dixon (12) & Wes Brooks (10) both were on JV last year ... compare that to Vinton County Derek Jones (12) starter last year, Tristan Bartoe (12)- 1000 point man for a reason, Caleb Montgomery (12), Antonio Mendes (12) limited PT all saw action due to the deep VC bench used by Coach Combs ... Jake Speakman (11) limited mintues last year, Naylan Yates (11) - 6th man last year ... Bryce Damron (10) & Eli Griffith (10) neither with varsity experience last year ... the Logan sophomore starters have as much varsity experience as the VC juniors or very close ... Logan is young in "physcial" development but they do have varsity experience/AAU experience equivalent to most VC players ... and I too totally believe NEXT year is THE year for LHS to show the biggest improvement as the players will have developed physically and this sophomore class's potential as seniors is as much as they want to make it - it will be fun to watch for sure ... we're half way thru the season not sure you can lay the "W" entirely on VC experience anymore ... when Logan gets the "W" in Logan in a month do we then say the Logan inexperience was the reason they got the "W" ? or at what point do we keep saying because LHS is young ... it great that these kids are youngster as the potential is BIG, AND we get to see them play for 2 MORE YEARS ... I can already see improvement in the Logan bench - 2 players Wes Brooks and Colton Dixon ... Wes is ALREADY at the halfway point MORE confident in himself playing at the varsity level ... he's 5-10 maybe and bangs INSIDE , crashes the boards with the bigs and is quicker so he gets a lot of boards ... last night he had a putback bucket as well ... Colton Dixon has earned more PT in the last 4-5 games , he is an excellent outside shooter but you can still see him adjusting the speed/pressure of the varsity game ... as far as a tough atmosphere - wait until Logan goes to the Warrior Dome again LOL ... I didn't think the VC atmosphere was THAT tense other than the pressure/tenaciousness created by the VC players ... we might see something similar by the Jackson team this Friday as far as on ball pressure , scrappy, get in your face , in your pocket defense ... not the talent of VC but Coach Morrow has those kids believing they can be in and win every game they play ... they have taken on the attitude of Coach Morrow - they play like he did as Jackson player ... I don't see where any Logan fan is NOT proud of the way the kids from Logan play - Logan fans filled the visitors side last night in McArthur as they will travel well with the team the rest of the season ...

... Congratulations to the Freshmen & JV teams last night with "W's" over Vinton County ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Not sure what you two are talking about on the guarding of Bartoe. First ,congratulation to the young man for obtaining 1000 points . That is quite the a feat in it self . I'M not going to agree or disagree with either. I've seen all the games this year and Logan has strickly played a man defense and there is constant switching and fighting thru screens . That being said it would be hard to imagine that particular matchup being setup by this coaching staff. I'm sure Floyd you can find this out for sure . What I saw was a Guard to Guard matchup with alot of switching . Heck I saw our PG on their 6-8 guy . I think it's at the moment of the switching that may have that appearance . So you both could be right . One thing for sure is this group WILL GET BETTER . 2things that they lack ( especially when Corey not in ) is one overall strength ( which is coming) and two lack of depth . I agree the meaning in being young is the fact of their physical makeup not their experience . Yes VC was a tough place to play and the young team did not loose their composure like teams in the past . They will not loose it at Warren either . They represent their school well , never trash talk the other team and accept win and losses as we should . That just my take on it and just looking to get the Chiefs back to a WIN . GO Chiefs!!!!!!!!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Floyd you must have spilled soda on napkin .I sure you are close to at least one coach ask him if said player was switched to Barton . The truth is said player had Yates both halves . Now I 'm done with this . I enjoyed my trip over and good to see The young man get his 1000 point.

Return to “Boys Basketball”