Re: THE TIDE-Clemson

Post by dazed&confused »

Instant classic

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

#10 for Clemson is a defensive bull. One tough kid.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Better believe we won't see Inspector on here until next season now :lol:
I wonder what username he will come up with next year?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:Better believe we won't see Inspector on here until next season now :lol:
I wonder what username he will come up with next year?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:Bammers world class defense blew a big lead and couldn't stop Clemson ar the end.

"Bear Bryant is still ahead of us Nicky "
I liked Saban marching up and down the sideline after the last score looking for someone to yell out and blame

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Not a fan of BAMA !Good job Clenson!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tom Osborne

43 mins ·

i'm going to say this the nicest way i know how. i think nick saban's letting go of then offensive co-ordinator lane kiffin the week before the national championship blew up in his face. he could have waited until after the national championship game to let him go because he had already accepted the head coaching job at florida atlantic.kiffin vowed to stay with alabama throughout the championship game.but that wasn't good enough for saban, and he let him go. you don't do trusted allies that way. it was cold and crass, and kiffin helped them get to be undefeated just the same as saban. and this is my opinion,and i may be wrong. i was one other time. but i think saban had no intentions of getting him a national championship ring if they won anyway. you just don't operate that way. ------------ with that said i was behind clemson all the way after they smoked my buckeyes, and i've always liked clemson anyhow. so congratulations to the clemson tigers for beating alabama for the college football national championship game, in a wild, wonderful game.--- tom osborne.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bama just blew a head gasket.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Bammers world class defense blew a big lead and couldn't stop Clemson ar the end.

I liked Saban marching up and down the sideline after the last score looking for someone to yell out and blame
Based on EVERY interview I have seen Saban give and every time I see him on the camera, I can only imagine that he is a miserable person to be around. I would bet that all of his players and coaches are uptight and more or less robots. He has just always came across to me a complete jerk.

I have to admit, I love to hear him mumbling through the interviews completely stymied when they are getting beat or just lost.

Lane Kiffin must have had a bitter sweet feeling last night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M SURE HE DOES. AS EVERY BUCKEYE FAN DOES AS WELL. AND EVERY BIG TEN FAN FOR THAT MATTER AS WELL RED.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
fbnut wrote:

Based on EVERY interview I have seen Saban give and every time I see him on the camera, I can only imagine that he is a miserable person to be around. I would bet that all of his players and coaches are uptight and more or less robots. He has just always came across to me a complete jerk.

I have to admit, I love to hear him mumbling through the interviews completely stymied when they are getting beat or just lost.

Lane Kiffin must have had a bitter sweet feeling last night.
He wasn't well liked at MS either.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Kinda like last year's game.Alabama gets a comfortable lead and looks to win easy then Clemson comes charging back late this time finishing the job.Losing Scarbrough really hurt Bamas offense and the 92 yards in penalties didn't help.Probably should have been a penalty on the last play,but glad they didn't call it. The vaunted Tide defense gave up a whopping 511 yards ! Got to love ole Dabo,he like a big teddy bear,and Boulware reminds me of the energizer bunny.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tide scored too quick. I'd rather have the ball down 3 than to be up 3 on defense under 2 minutes. Two great teams

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at 14-0, I thought the tigers were gonna get declawed and neutered and tossed out in the alley. but they hung tough. the hit to scarbrough was definitely big for bama. but as stated 511 yards of offense on bama in mind numbing.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote:Tide scored too quick. I'd rather have the ball down 3 than to be up 3 on defense under 2 minutes. Two great teams
Poor use of the clock on the bammer coach

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

After taking time to think more about this it still kind of bothers me about how many head shots Alabama took on defense. To see targeting called throughout the season. With some calls really made you think about really you called that. Even the Bosa hit as the game got started last year. Players have adjusted the height of their hits. While staying away from the head area. Alabama at times went all out hits directly to the head. Not close to a clean football tackle. Also some tackles were not tackles just using your athletic ability to run through someone. Not even attempting to wrap up.

Some of the hits seemed at least close to being across the line. But also why Alabama just couldn't bully there way to a win. I thought some of the hits deserved a flag and looked at for targeting. But then the refs were already getting enough air time to look at a replay.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Kinda like last year's game.Alabama gets a comfortable lead and looks to win easy then Clemson comes charging back late this time finishing the job.Losing Scarbrough really hurt Bamas offense and the 92 yards in penalties didn't help.Probably should have been a penalty on the last play,but glad they didn't call it. The vaunted Tide defense gave up a whopping 511 yards ! Got to love ole Dabo,he like a big teddy bear,and Boulware reminds me of the energizer bunny.
Boulware is a fired up beastly bull. :shock: One he((( of a tough kid. Great getting to the ball. Best linebacker play I seen all year imo. Cabinda for Penn State comes close but Boulware takes the head hunter prize. :shock: Will Boulware be back on the Tiger roster next year Bolt? Cabinda and a bunch of Nitt's will be back next year. Both sides of the ball. Should be pretty good and a tad better.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Nope he gone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote:After taking time to think more about this it still kind of bothers me about how many head shots Alabama took on defense. To see targeting called throughout the season. With some calls really made you think about really you called that. Even the Bosa hit as the game got started last year. Players have adjusted the height of their hits. While staying away from the head area. Alabama at times went all out hits directly to the head. Not close to a clean football tackle. Also some tackles were not tackles just using your athletic ability to run through someone. Not even attempting to wrap up.

Some of the hits seemed at least close to being across the line. But also why Alabama just couldn't bully there way to a win. I thought some of the hits deserved a flag and looked at for targeting. But then the refs were already getting enough air time to look at a replay.
I agree farmer I was telling mrs. bait the very same thing. she's turned into quite the analyst and rules guru as well. makes ole bait proud. she went from being a majorette in high school. not knowing a home run from a field goal to she could talk football with anybody now. my bestest football watching buddy.

Return to “College Sports”