Please post:
2017 schedule
2017 Returning Starters with Tackles, Sacks,INT, Yards, TD
Thoughts on 2017 Season

bighead
All State

Re: GA Football Job

Post by bighead »

Your right ! Just let the man Coach ! Burg ! he wanted the job early when he was a asst. But it did not happen !jmo he is the man in Burg ! Never look back GA made the move !

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Sharon Peters wrote:Once again blue devil nation needs a coach. I have the following questions:

Who does the community want for the job? Can they ante up an enticement for that dude from wheelersburg?

What can be done to stop the exodus of talent? I mean how can we be losing kids to freakin south Gallia?

Why would anyone want this job? Will business men and school administrators ever hire a coach and then simply step back and let him coach?

This was the marquee job in the area not so long ago and now it's a complete joke.
You need to contact Southern Racine and find out what they did when they needed/wanted a coach last time. They found a way to attract one of the best coaches in the area, and one that a local school had rejected for a "local legend." Of course many from that school are now kicking themselves, but Southern is very grateful for the gift.

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

It cost me a few free haircuts to help get the new coach in but it has been worth it. I just hope he stays.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they ain't getting the feller from burg back. no way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Jim Ryan wrote:
Sharon Peters wrote:Once again blue devil nation needs a coach. I have the following questions:

Who does the community want for the job? Can they ante up an enticement for that dude from wheelersburg?

What can be done to stop the exodus of talent? I mean how can we be losing kids to freakin south Gallia?

Why would anyone want this job? Will business men and school administrators ever hire a coach and then simply step back and let him coach?

This was the marquee job in the area not so long ago and now it's a complete joke.
You need to contact Southern Racine and find out what they did when they needed/wanted a coach last time. They found a way to attract one of the best coaches in the area, and one that a local school had rejected for a "local legend." Of course many from that school are now kicking themselves, but Southern is very grateful for the gift.
They..... asked him. It was the right timing for him! Go figure!
Turns out, playing in the NFL doesn't automatically make you a good high school football coach. Don't get me wrong, the current coach isn't a terrible coach by any means, but he's not Coach Chancey.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:

They..... asked him. It was the right timing for him! Go figure!
Turns out, playing in the NFL doesn't automatically make you a good high school football coach. Don't get me wrong, the current coach isn't a terrible coach by any means, but he's not Coach Chancey.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

he is not a great coach either

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

he is definitely not coach chancey. he can only hope to do that well

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

NotBlizzardMan wrote:he is definitely not coach chancey. he can only hope to do that well
Not a chance, no pun intended. :lol:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't think the job is a joke. And really don't think administrators or Businessman have much effect on the job they do. You seem to think this is still the days of us having over 200 boosters and most of them being business men and prominent people i am sure they had a lot of influence but that hasn't been the case in over 10 years. Matter of fact for them to here from business men they have to go find them. A ton of local businesses are no longer run or owned by GAHS grads that good ole boys network i dont see now. not saying there is not pockets but very little compared to when i went to school there in early 80's. Most kids do not trade school for sports. i am not saying it doesn't happen but... if you look at all the kids that are going to school out of district i doubt if even 25% are even athletes.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

They have made the wrong hire twice. Will they do it again? Time will tell.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

loganlocos wrote:They have made the wrong hire twice. Will they do it again? Time will tell.
I will disagree with this.. they did one coaching search and that search committee had a poor 2 finalists.. they hired one.. he cut and ran after one year of destroying the program.. then they just went and told there second choice the job is yours.. And he is a very good family man with young children not even school age yet.. not a bad football man but he put no time into job.. his family was his priority..

So I will go with one horrible decision.... and then pure laziness from a athletic director who did a horrible job..

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think if they get good candidates they will make a good choice this time.. the problem will be all the usual finding a teaching position for the person and so on.. sometimes these choices have less to do with football then maybe they should

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Jmo ! What is going on with the AD job at GA ? They have been 4 or 5 that's had the job !Wamsley was the long run ! Made a gold mine !to schedule games .Then family or in law took over ! Did not last long ! No more money ! LOL

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

svac83 -

Two good posts. You may have phrased what I was trying to say better than I did. I didn't mean that GAHS hired bad people necessarily, but I would say each of the last two coaches left the program no better than they found it - and in all honesty, worse than they found.

You're also right about non-football matters being a huge part of these decisions. Sometimes we forget these men are living their lives and have family and financial considerations in addition to football ones.

Good luck to Gallipolis. Lots of good people in Gallipolis who deserve someone committed to returning the Blue Devils to a high level of play.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Here is why I think Pernod will be next Blue Devil coach..
Now I understand he might not even apply but my guess is there is a 50/50 chance.. If he applies I think he would be hired.

Here is why this is possible.. he still lives in Gallia County.. His wife is very active in the community.. He still has strong ties with a lot of staff at school.. He has good real action ships of buisness community some of them still donate to him at Alexander.. he understands the job and he understands the culture..

And the number one reason I think he will apply.. He is a smart man.. A man of character.. He is not egotistical, he would love more time for his family and he won't let pride stand in his way of doing what is right..

If he doesn't apply it won't be why most people think..it won't be facilities, it won't be him saying screw you should of hired me before. It won't be because of a lack of talent of politics involved with the job.. if he doesn't apply it is because he is a man of character he has made a commitment to the community of Albany and to the players on his team..

But I say he weighs all his options and is Nlue Devils next head coach.. now I suck at predicting things so I could be totally wrong..

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

If they had any brains they would call Mike Chancey and beg him to come down

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote:If they had any brains they would call Mike Chancey and beg him to come down
If they would have hired McClelland the first time around, coach Chancey may have already been there on his staff. I remember it being considered. I think Southern is a great place for Coach.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

MarauderMadness wrote:If they had any brains they would call Mike Chancey and beg him to come down

If I remember right when Mike was at Meigs . They wanted him but he turned it down.

Return to “Football”