2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

softballfan2112 wrote:As far as attitudes go, they will be better. Simple addition by subtraction.

They need to move the needle with the culture and expectations. It is not okay to miss "voluntary" workouts, not if you want to have any shot at playing time next year. The FAST program at Tri State Rehab should see a steady rotation of players being put through workouts. Right now, they can't get a group of 4 together. I understand a few play basketball, and a couple might be banged up, but 4 is not a big number. I'm not naming names or putting anyone on blast, but from I can see they have 3 maybe 4 kids taking the off season seriously, and that is unacceptable.

They aren't short on talent. They are short on work ethic and desire. Everyone wants to play on Friday night in October, but no one wants to put in the work in January and February.

Anyone want to guess what The Burg is doing in January and February?

great post. lotta swell info in there. I don't buy we ain't got the horses anymore either. still got a good stable. just need to dig the spurs in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I see Ironton going 7-3 or 8-2.... (The losses coming by Burg, Russell and or Ashland) But I do see them running the OVC table once again.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

I am not saying the coaching is lazy. I know some of the coaches, and they are as dedicated as they come.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I didn't say anything like that. just for the record.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

I'm hearing that a pretty talented athlete has just moved into the school district. Could be an option at QB.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Any one know who moved into the district? Heard earlier that we may get a qb coming in but you hear lots of rumors, we need to win 2 of the first 3 to start the season to maybe get a home game, I'd take any 2, doesn't matter which two, time to hit the weights, won't be long

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

QB from The Burg will be a sophomore next year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

softballfan2112 wrote:QB from The Burg will be a sophomore next year.
The burgs not for everyone
Good luck to the young man

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

are you saying a burg qb is coming to ironton that will be a sophomore. I'm not sure I'm understanding this.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did a family move. this would not even apply under open enrollment would it.
where it's not a bordering school district.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Yes, a QB from Burg that will be a sophomore. And yes they moved into the district. Should be good to go.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT SOUNDS GREAT, IF HE IS A GOOD TALENT. WE NEED ALL OF THE FELLERS WE CAN GET.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

fbnut wrote:
softballfan2112 wrote:QB from The Burg will be a sophomore next year.
The burgs not for everyone
Good luck to the young man
Very TRUE!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Is this transfer one of last years qb ?

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Poo Bear wrote:Is this transfer one of last years qb ?

NO THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE QB FROM LAST YEAR'S TEAM. THAT'S WHY HE WENT TO IRONTON BECAUSE HE COULDN'T BEAT OUT THOSE PLAYERS. HIS BROTHER DID THE SAME THING AND WENT TO GREEN CAUSE HE COULDN'T CUT IT AT THE BURG. NOT A HUGE LOSS FOR THE PIRATES. GOOD LUCK TO HIM AT IRONTON. THEY WERE RIGHT BURG IS NOT FOR EVERYONE,YOU HAVE T0O BELIEVE AND TRUST THE PROGRAM EVEN IF IT MEANS WAITING YOUR TURN.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton needed a QB badly their backup needs to improve a great deal to be a starter. If this kid is as athletic as what I seen of him when he was younger he will be a good addition.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

then what wrote:

NO THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE QB FROM LAST YEAR'S TEAM. THAT'S WHY HE WENT TO IRONTON BECAUSE HE COULDN'T BEAT OUT THOSE PLAYERS. HIS BROTHER DID THE SAME THING AND WENT TO GREEN CAUSE HE COULDN'T CUT IT AT THE BURG. NOT A HUGE LOSS FOR THE PIRATES. GOOD LUCK TO HIM AT IRONTON. THEY WERE RIGHT BURG IS NOT FOR EVERYONE,YOU HAVE T0O BELIEVE AND TRUST THE PROGRAM EVEN IF IT MEANS WAITING YOUR TURN.
Great way to talk about a kid and a typical burg answer. What is he 15 years old?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oak wrote:
then what wrote:

Great way to talk about a kid and a typical burg answer. What is he 15 years old?
:lol:

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Something funny. You support talking like that about a kid?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oak wrote:Something funny. You support talking like that about a kid?
Just you dude

Return to “Football”