1. Southeastern
2. Unioto
3. Paint valley
4. Piketon
5. Huntington
6. Adena
7. West fall
8. Zane trace

The preview last night was ugly for se but skeens and wheeler only played 5 min and mitten didn't play and they still won by 12 over a improved Adena team defensively
Unioto has thiel,sigman and Coleman could give se a game
paint valley was without leading scorer woods I think Pv will be top 3 maybe even have an upset or 2
Piketon has Blanton and Travis inside Blanton has an aggressiveness to get to the rebound Travis has a good hook shot has a good shooter but just dont see them better then 4th
Huntington looks good well coached only will get better as season goes along
Adena much improved defensively has a scorer in Putnam and improved guard play but still in bottom 3
West fall didn't see much had 1 shooter no size just better teams ahead
Zt sorry about this but it could be a long year there an aggressive team just didn't see anything else to move them higher no scorer

KRS
JV Team

Re: Svc 2016-17

Post by KRS »

Southeastern- obviously they have Skeens,Wheeler, and Collins back but what stood out to me was the length and size. They could put line ups on the floor that could give teams fits. Morris, mitten round out the 5. Two freshman that brought different aspects to the game should contribute as well.

Piketon - I like their size with Blanton leading the way they should Have enough guard play and a couple nice shooters , lightle I think is the name, well coached and ready to compete for the top spot.

Unioto- Two nice ball handlers, great size with Theil and Stulley, both
Can play inside or out and compliment one another with their style of play. throw in a few good three point threats, Coleman,Miller and others. They will be a very good team that will compete with anyone in the league and only get better.

Huntington- they lost a lot from last season but don't count out the huntsman yet. They had a fine JV team and quality seniors that are ready to lead. What they lack in size they make up for with some very good 3 point shooters and will give teams problems on both ends of the floor.

Nickel back
Waterboy

Post by Nickel back »

Southeastern
Unioto
Piketon
Huntington
Paint Valley
Zane Trace
Adena
Westfall

Farmer Jim
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Jim »

After a couple weeks into the season I would go with:

1. Unioto
2. Southeastern
3. Huntington
4. Piketon
5. Paint Valley
6. Adena
7. Zane Trace
8. Westfall

OrangeandBlue10
Waterboy

Post by OrangeandBlue10 »

Two weeks into the season and Southeastern is still the team to beat but Unioto is closing the gap.
Southeastern
Unioto
Piketon
Huntington
Paint Valley
Zane Trace
Adena
Westfall

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Had the chance to watch Southeastern for the second time last week, they still look out of sync on both ends of the floor. There were probably 5-6 college coaches in the seats, may have had something to do with it. They really struggled at times defensively but they are the team to beat.

Unioto looked good the game I had the opportunity to watch . They can hurt you in so many ways and you better be prepared to lacem up. I would not be surprised if the Shermans knock off Southeastern and compete for the top spot.

Huntington is Rolling and scoring a bunch of points . Hard to tell just how competitive they will be until they start playing some better competition. Outside of their matchup with Unioto, I don't think we can determine how good this team is but they are 5-1.

I was told Piketon had some Injuries/sickness during last weeks games and some kids were out. I still like their size, hustle and outside shooting ability for them to make some noise and stay competitive in the top half of the league .
Last edited by KRS on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Southeastern has Zane Trace Tuesday and a big matchup with Unioto Thursday. The Lady Panthers are still on track to get a gold ball in the SVC and reach the regionals this year. Those are reasonable expectations for this season. So far, so good.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sid Farkus wrote:Southeastern has Zane Trace Tuesday and a big matchup with Unioto Thursday. The Lady Panthers are still on track to get a gold ball in the SVC and reach the regionals this year. Those are reasonable expectations for this season. So far, so good.
Southeastern is a good team, but regionals might be a stretch. SVC is not very good. Not sure they have the depth to get past a Wheelersburg, Alex, Ironton, etc. in a district final.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

bman wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:Southeastern has Zane Trace Tuesday and a big matchup with Unioto Thursday. The Lady Panthers are still on track to get a gold ball in the SVC and reach the regionals this year. Those are reasonable expectations for this season. So far, so good.
Southeastern is a good team, but regionals might be a stretch. SVC is not very good. Not sure they have the depth to get past a Wheelersburg, Alex, Ironton, etc. in a district final.
I agree, the SVC is not very good. That's why a gold ball should be expected for Southeastern this year. I have to disagree with you about the regionals, though. I don't feel it's a stretch at all. Southeastern returns 5 starters from last year's team. This includes two 1,000 point scorers, one who is arguably the best player in the southeast district. Also, the other 1,000 point scorer is a four year starter. The other senior on their team has also started for four years. Add a 6 footer who was an all league selection last year. And, by the way, they also have a freshman who is making an immediate impact and plays as hard as anyone that I've ever seen play the game. Honestly, if they don't win a gold ball and district title this year I think it would be a major disappointment. This team could have a shot to go to the state if they get things rolling.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Southeastern is a good team but it is unlikely they will be in the regionals. They are in the Athens sectional with Alexander so it is doubtful they will be the #1 seed. If they are the #2 seed, they will be matched up with the #1 seed from the Valley sectional in the district final which will most likely be Lynchburg, assuming they both get that that far....not a good matchup for them.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Checked out Southeastern today against Washington Courthouse. After their big win earlier this week didn't know what to expect. They didn't disappoint. When I left it was 57-30 with just over 5 minutes left. They seem to be playing very well right now.
Unioto got a nice win against an improved Jackson Squad . Looking forward to the matchups This week. Should be a great week of basketball.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I thought Unioto played well tonight and defeated Piketon in a revenge game from earlier in the season setting up a show down with Southeastern on Thursday.
Southeastern continues to play well defeating Paint Valley and I was told Skeens scored 41 in about half a game tonight.
after watching SE at Courthouse this weekend and seeing the U again. I think they will have to play their best game to have a shot but that's why they play the game . Anything can happen. Best of luck to both teams .

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

This game had a tournament feel, packed gym, and both teams played well at times . Didn't quite live up to the hype as Southeastern took control in the third and went on to to win 64-42 . Putting themselves in the drivers seat for the title . Foul trouble hindered both teams in the first half sending some of their top players to the pine in the second, this, along with poor foul shooting made for a low scoring first half . Both teams regrouped and left it all on the court in the second . Hopefully be a better matchup in a week. Good luck to both squads.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fun game. Southeastern is super talented and athletic. I liked them switching into different pressures throughout the game so the Unioto backcourt could never get fully comfortable.

I think it will be a better game at SE and Unioto will handle the pressure better. I could be wrong though. I also think Fisher will look to have a bigger impact there as well.

Outside of that game, I'll be rooting for SE to make a run. Seem like a bunch of good girls who play hard and with passion. Fun to watch.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:Fun game. Southeastern is super talented and athletic. I liked them switching into different pressures throughout the game so the Unioto backcourt could never get fully comfortable.

I think it will be a better game at SE and Unioto will handle the pressure better. I could be wrong though. I also think Fisher will look to have a bigger impact there as well.

Outside of that game, I'll be rooting for SE to make a run. Seem like a bunch of good girls who play hard and with passion. Fun to watch.
Southeastern is a very fun team to watch with Skeens, Wheeler and the role players have come along some, as well. Also feel they've taken some positive steps on the defensive end compared to a season ago.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Southeastern locks up the league title tonight with a 63-57 Overtime victory over Unioto. Great HS basketball game. Unioto's Coleman and Cottrill fouling out early in OT was a bit too much to overcome, but the future definitely looks bright for the Shermans. Great to see Caroline Thiel have a great performance as well.

The SE role players came up huge in the last minute of regulation on 2 tying buckets and Skeens took over in OT.

Return to “Girls Basketball”