SOC1 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

SOC1 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Standings (Updated Feb-22 11:23 PM)

  • (12-2) Clay
    (11-3) Eastern
    (9-5) East
    (9-5) Notre Dame
    (7-7) Western
    (4-10) Symmes Valley
    (2-12) Green
    (2-12) New Boston

=========================================================================
Schedule/Results

Fri Dec-09
  • Green(48) @ (60)Symmes Valley
    Clay(41) @ (58)Eastern
    Western(65) @ (60)East
    New Boston(39) @ (62)Notre Dame
Fri Dec-16
  • Eastern(64) @ (40)Symmes Valley
    Green(45) @ (57)Notre Dame
    East(69) @ (67)Clay
    New Boston(52) @ (73)Western
Tue Dec-20
  • Clay(74) @ (45)Green
    East(64) @ (79)Eastern
    Notre Dame(66) @ (54)Western
Fri Jan-06
  • Notre Dame(48) @ (49)Clay
Tue Jan-10
  • Symmes Valley(54) @ (55)Notre Dame
    East(72) @ (64)Green
    Clay(73) @ (39)New Boston
    Eastern(44) @ (35)Western
Fri Jan-13
  • Symmes Valley(68) @ (88)East
    New Boston(56) @ (53)Green
    Western(60) @ (69)Clay
    Notre Dame(42) @ (51)Eastern
Sat Jan-14
  • Symmes Valley(49) @ (53)New Boston
Tue Jan-17
  • Clay(83) @ (55)Symmes Valley
    Green(53) @ (56)Western
    New Boston(35) @ (70)Eastern
    Notre Dame(77) @ (59)East
Fri Jan-20
  • Symmes Valley(60) @ (55)Green
    Eastern(30) @ (45)Clay
    East(65) @ (47)Western
    Notre Dame(65) @ (53)New Boston
Tue Jan-24
  • Symmes Valley(64) @ (68)Eastern
    Notre Dame(51) @ (39)Green
    Clay(88) @ (59)East
    Western(80) @ (45)New Boston
Wed Jan-25
  • Western(69) @ (55)Symmes Valley
Fri Jan-27
  • New Boston(41) @ (91)Symmes Valley
    Green(47) @ (83)Clay
    Eastern(49) @ (54)East
    Western(53) @ (60)Notre Dame
Sat Jan-28
  • Green(29) @ (61)Eastern
Tue Jan-31
  • Symmes Valley(57) @ (81)Western
    Eastern(63) @ (41)Green
    East(67) @ (48)New Boston
Wed Feb-01
  • Clay(52) @ (49)Notre Dame
Fri Feb-03
  • Notre Dame(32) @ (39)Symmes Valley
    Green(78) @ (82)East
    New Boston(51) @ (76)Clay
    Western(66) @ (60)Eastern
Fri Feb-10
  • East(89) @ (69)Symmes Valley
    Green(70) @ (50)New Boston
    Clay(70) @ (49)Western
    Eastern(56) @ (43)Notre Dame
Sat Feb-11
  • New Boston(43) @ (97)East
Fri Feb-17
  • Western(49) @ (51)Green
    Symmes Valley(49) @ (84)Clay
    East(60) @ (68)Notre Dame
    Eastern(88) @ (48)New Boston



mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:32 pm

updated, feel free to post all scores, I'm only updating conference game on the first post.

beaverlover
Bench
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by beaverlover » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:30 pm

New Boston @ Eastern will be played Jan.17 I believe

BobcatFuture1
Waterboy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: The Furnace

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by BobcatFuture1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Lets go Cats tonight vs Clay! I hope Green can push them into a uncomfortable situation in the 4th quarter, and that point you never know what can happen.

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Symmes Valley at New Boston (postponed due to water break)

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 pm

a_c_m wrote:Symmes Valley at New Boston (postponed due to water break)

When is make up?

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:47 pm

mattash wrote:
a_c_m wrote:Symmes Valley at New Boston (postponed due to water break)

When is make up?
Make up date has not been scheduled yet.

BobcatFuture1
Waterboy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: The Furnace

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by BobcatFuture1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 am

a_c_m wrote:
mattash wrote:
a_c_m wrote:Symmes Valley at New Boston (postponed due to water break)

When is make up?
Make up date has not been scheduled yet.

Has a make-up yet been scheduled?

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 am

BobcatFuture1 wrote:
a_c_m wrote:
mattash wrote:

When is make up?
Make up date has not been scheduled yet.

Has a make-up yet been scheduled?
January 14th

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 am

Clay beat ND to give them their 1st league loss.
GO EAGLES

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Western @ Symmes Valley, Green @ Eastern, New Boston @ East make up dates?

Mailman
Varsity Bench
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Mailman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:43 pm

mattash wrote:Western @ Symmes Valley, Green @ Eastern, New Boston @ East make up dates?
10th is Notre Dame @ Symmes Valley

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 am

incorrect info
Last edited by a_c_m on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
tigercat1
Waterboy
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by tigercat1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I believe Western will head to Symmes Valley for the makeup game on Jan. 28.

Eastern beat Western tonight 44-35.

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 pm

East @ Green score from 1/10?

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Green @ Eastern make up?

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am

mattash wrote:East @ Green score from 1/10?
East 72 Green 64

BobcatFuture1
Waterboy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: The Furnace

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by BobcatFuture1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

Look for the bobcats to rattle some cages the 2nd half of the season, improving!

Blue33
Freshman Starter
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 am

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Blue33 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:05 pm

a_c_m wrote:
mattash wrote:Western @ Symmes Valley, Green @ Eastern, New Boston @ East make up dates?
New Boston at East make up is January 14th.
Where ever you received this information from it is not true.

a_c_m
JV Starter
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by a_c_m » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Blue33 wrote:
a_c_m wrote:
mattash wrote:Western @ Symmes Valley, Green @ Eastern, New Boston @ East make up dates?
New Boston at East make up is January 14th.
Where ever you received this information from it is not true.
You are correct! Symmes Valley is at New Boston tomorrow night. My source gave me the incorrect info! So when is the make up for New Boston at East?

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Eastern beat ND tonight. The Eagles are now 5-0 in league play.
GO EAGLES

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Updated

beaverlover
Bench
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by beaverlover » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

mattash wrote:Green @ Eastern make up?
January 28

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

New Boston @ East make up?

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 pm

This is pretty much how I seen the league being this year. I figured Western would be behind at least 3 teams didn't see them and New Boston being tied in league play but anything can happen in this league.
GO EAGLES

Mailman
Varsity Bench
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Mailman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Notre Dame beat East 77-59

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?

Mailman
Varsity Bench
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Mailman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am

First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!

User avatar
js7_22
Freshman Starter
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 am

Mailman wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.
I had the pleasure of attending this game last night with my father-in-law. A lack of offense was their problem. It does not seem like they are playing as a team right now. Scott did not start but once he was out there he wasn't a "force". He gets away with too much in my opinion (travels when he spins and picks up both feet, over the back, and just pushing people when the ball is in the air). I believe their were 3-4 technical fouls as well. (Coach with 1, players with 3), at one point a kid was sent off the bench to the locker room mid game for his actions on the bench.

At what point in time as an AD do you step back, look at the amount of personal fouls, technical fouls and misconduct, and realize that maybe it's the leadership that is allowing this to happen? Oh wait...

I honestly do not see this happening at other schools in the conference. It's one thing to fight for your team and try to show them you have their backs, but East takes it to a new level.

At what point do the members of the SOC 1 begin to think, what if East wasn't in the SOC any longer? Just hypothetical, not trying to imply anything, but will it get any better there?

User avatar
js7_22
Freshman Starter
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 am

I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?

User avatar
js7_22
Freshman Starter
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?
Hints the "oh wait..." after the AD line I made. :D

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 pm

js7_22 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)
Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.
GO EAGLES

EPN
Freshman Backup
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by EPN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Eastern has looked really good lately , and right now r the favorites to win the league and get the #1 seed in the tourney, but I don't want them to get too over confident , Western , at Clay , at East, at Notre Dame are all tough games , games that eastern could lose if they don't keep their focus and intensity, Barrick is a great coach , I'm confident he will have the eagles ready and focused for this tough stretch run they have ahead of them .
Go Eagles!!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GoBucks1047, javagt, loganlocos, one Oak, pfloyd, Snowman and 43 guests