Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Chieftain2009 »

biggdowgg wrote:I've tried to find hilliards schedule to see who they have played and how badly they have beaten their opponents ,am I missing it on here?
Oak Hills (Cincy) - L 58-40
Thomas Worthington - W 51-26
Mt. Vernon - W 66-37
New Albany - W 67-37
Worthington Kilbourne - W 69-57
Hilliard Darby - W 81-41
Hilliard Davidson - W 51-28
Dublin Jerome - W 53-36
Hayes - W 55-35

Then the Fairland game, which puts them at 9-1. Max Preps must be missing a game or two. That is where these results are from.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Hoopie74 »

biggdowgg wrote:I've tried to find hilliards schedule to see who they have played and how badly they have beaten their opponents ,am I missing it on here?
Biggdowgg,I hope to catch you guys at the Dave Young Classic later this month. My user name used to be Rodeo1. I met you guys up at the state tournament last year. My Peebles Indians have struggled to find their identity so far but I believe they will be better by tournament time. Good luck to the Portsmouth Trojans in their chase to tournament time.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Biggdowgg,I hope to catch you guys at the Dave Young Classic later this month. My user name used to be Rodeo1. I met you guys up at the state tournament last year. My Peebles Indians have struggled to find their identity so far but I believe they will be better by tournament time. Good luck to the Portsmouth Trojans in their chase to tournament time.

I wondered where you went , we sit next to peebles coach and his dad? I think at a game last week doesn't get a chance to talk much as they were scouting.

Will let you know of we are coming ,and good luck,to your indians

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Athens-Fairland game will be more about the bulldogs & their quest to crack the top 8, than the dragons. I think most expect Fairland to win, which will most likely happen. But can the Bulldogs play well enough to impress the commitee enough to climb up amongst the elites? But, athens has to play parkersburg tuesday night without Nick Lutz, a loss could take some shine off the fairland matchup.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Mt. Vernon - W 66-37
New Albany - W 67-37
Hilliard Darby - W 81-41
Dublin Jerome - W 53-36
Hayes - W 55-35

Then the Fairland game, which puts them at 9-1. Max Preps must be missing a game or two. That is where these results are from.
Lol, yeah I thought they may have been down when I saw they scheduled Fairland and Logan (no offense to 2 good teams), but man, they are just rolling good teams. Dublin Jerome handled Miami Trace and Washington pretty handily and it looks like the Jaguars just took it to them too.

No shame in that loss at all for the Dragons, hopefully they will be able to make positive adjustments from that outing moving forward.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's time - the committee of one - me - is now going into executive session to discuss this weeks game results, how they will impact the Elite 8 ... who will climb UP the rankings vs who will drop DOWN in the rankings ... we had Mother Nature cut down this past weeks games by 19 games Friday night ... some teams NEEDED to play that night in order to move up the rankings ... as they say "timing is everything" - when you are smaller division school trying to climb into the rare air of the Elite 8 that "timing" IS important - this past week 4 out of the top 8 teams were putting "L's" on their handydandy pocket schedules ... in the next 7 teams in the rankings 5 more teams picked up "L's" - Athens "idle" ... Logan lost to Bloom Carroll ... Sheridan lost to Tri Valley ...Chillicothe lost to Vinton County ... Logan Elm lost to Teays Valley ... Lynchburg Clay lost to Miami Trace ... wow the top 20 will be hard ... good losses/bad losses ... good wins /should have won games ... a win is a win vs strength of schedules ... someone or more than one someone will not be agreeing this week LOL ...

... at least the beatings have already begun so it will be less painful later tonight LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ha! Less painful? The further we get into the season, the closer we get to the tournament - the more passionate fans become! The true beatings have yet to begin. Lol ... good luck. ;)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:The Athens-Fairland game will be more about the bulldogs & their quest to crack the top 8, than the dragons. I think most expect Fairland to win, which will most likely happen. But can the Bulldogs play well enough to impress the commitee enough to climb up amongst the elites? But, athens has to play parkersburg tuesday night without Nick Lutz, a loss could take some shine off the fairland matchup.
In the Athens win over Logan Elm you saw a balanced scoring attack in Hynes, Cozart, and Nick And Griffin Lutz-The bench players to date have been sophomores Maxfield, Chubb and Junior Albin-All 3 can come in and provide quality minutes with good Defense and minimal turnovers-The only downfall I see is that none of the 3 take enough shots to get in a good rhythm to be potential scorers-Add to the mix now Saltzman and Ball both returning from injuries-the Parkersburg game I don't see them having much impact-so hard to come right back from injury-I hope they prove me wrong....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think the goal is to have all pistons firing for that rematch in MacArthur, vision quest. Lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Mt. Vernon - W 66-37
New Albany - W 67-37
Hilliard Darby - W 81-41
Dublin Jerome - W 53-36
Hayes - W 55-35

Bradley also beat Teays Valley something like 53-38 to open the season.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote:I think the goal is to have all pistons firing for that rematch in MacArthur, vision quest. Lol
Athens has had some good luck down there in the last few years-Let's hope that continues Bulldog. Awful early to predict but as you stated in a different post I agree it could possibly be for a share of the League title. However; with the way Meigs has been playing-they could prove to throw a wrinkle in the TVC-OHIO...If any team can pull an upset this year-my money would be on them. I do think if Athens is to win some of their bigger games-they will need some bench players to step up and get more aggressive and contribute. Case in point Naylan Yates-if anyone followed him last year he was the 6th man as a Sophomore. As he became more comfortable and confident due to increased playing time he got Hot toward the end of the season and became the X-Factor in VCs Post Season Run and now an integral part of VCs success

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why is Meigs seemingly so much better than early season? Players return from injury or what?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I can't answer that IronMan. I have yet to put Eyes on them. Maybe TVC Fan can interject here. All I know is that they have won 7 or 8 in a row and won a tournament down in the Smoky Mountains. I do believe that Zach
Bartrum may have been out for several games due to a Football injury...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Mt. Vernon - W 66-37
New Albany - W 67-37
Hilliard Darby - W 81-41
Dublin Jerome - W 53-36
Hayes - W 55-35

They are 10-1.

http://www.270hoops.com/schedule/team_i ... son=301030

Post by CGHornet55 »

Please take in consideration Coal Grove lost to the best team (maybe #2?) in southern Ohio. Have a little mercy before you get to see them in the Beast of the Southeast! Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Must be lots of arguing going on in the warroom in logan today. Lol

TravisHill23
Riding the Bench

Post by TravisHill23 »

There's something wrong with LE and I cant quite figure out what but the Braves need to start playing better basketball or come tournament time its going to be one and done again

TravisHill23
Riding the Bench

Post by TravisHill23 »

The only good team LE had this year has been the Volleyball team

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Logan Elm has one of the better players but not the quality support as in the past. What will the Braves look like the next couple of years ? One and done seems pretty harsh Travis.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth&fiction wrote:Logan Elm has one of the better players but not the quality support as in the past. What will the Braves look like the next couple of years ? One and done seems pretty harsh Travis.
I think their 8th grade team is very good.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”