Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union. 74
New Lex. 48

FU moves to 9 - 1 and 2-0 this week.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote:Fairfield Union. 74
New Lex. 48

FU moves to 9 - 1 and 2-0 this week.

... made the update on my above post - thanks ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In all seriousness....top 8 won't be easy

I'd go:

1. VC
2. Fairland
3. FU
4. Warren
5. Unioto
6. Miami Trace
7. Athens
8. Chillicothe

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote:In all seriousness....top 8 won't be easy

I'd go:

1. VC
2. Fairland
3. FU
4. Warren
5. Unioto
6. Miami Trace
7. Athens
8. Chillicothe

... Athens didn't play a game this week - hard to move them up 2 spots ... sure would have been the week for Oak Hill to have played that game vs Wheelersburg - could have been a big move for the Oaks with a "W" over the Burg ... Chillicothe went 1-1 with that loss to Vinton County and then a W over East Clinton ... the ranking of the top 25 is getting interesting LOL ...

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

My prediction is there's going to be a new sheriff in town for Week#6 and they go by the name VINTON COUNTY!!!!!!

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

I think it's going to be tough to drop Fairland for losing to a very talented D1 school on the road. Not sure that anyone in the top 8 has played a schedule as tough as Fairland. Huntington High, Huntington Prep B, Chaminade-Julianne, Sugar Creek Garaway, Hilliard Bradley. And they still have Athens coming up at the Beast of the South East.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:In all seriousness....top 8 won't be easy

I'd go:

1. VC
2. Fairland
3. FU
4. Warren
5. Unioto
6. Miami Trace
7. Athens
8. Chillicothe

... Athens didn't play a game this week - hard to move them up 2 spots ... sure would have been the week for Oak Hill to have played that game vs Wheelersburg - could have been a big move for the Oaks with a "W" over the Burg ... Chillicothe went 1-1 with that loss to Vinton County and then a W over East Clinton ... the ranking of the top 25 is getting interesting LOL ...

That why I said "I'd"

I'd have Oak Hill either 9 or 10

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth @Fairland 1/20 Go Trojans shock SE Ohio!~

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union keeps playing better and better and they get the transfer PG after 1 more game. Will be interested to see if there is a strain or if they keep rolling!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who said you cant move up without playing? Its better to be idle, than lose. Duh. Lol

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

No way you can drop fairland out of the number one spot for losing to a d1 team the caliber of Hilliard.

This was a great test for the dragons and I think it's great they took on a tough d1 school it will only help them.

Just,my opinion , I'm not on the committee.:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Who said you cant move up without playing? Its better to be idle, than lose. Duh. Lol

... SEE ! this is how the ORIGINAL battle of the Elite 8 (yours) and MY alternative to the Elite 8 began back in the the "huddle" days ! :mrgreen: ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If the No. 8 team is 6-0 & No. 9 team is 6-0. And the 8th losses three games while no. 9 is idle - of course they'd jump up. So based on that theory alone, teams who dont play can move up ... but it goes both ways, a team below could have a stellar week and jump the idle team too. All should be considered by the committee. Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Btw, I'd put the vikes No. 1. :)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I'm sure "quality" wins will come i, play on this week's one and two.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Id like to see an alternative elite 8 for fun, including Morgan, fort frye & meadowbrooke. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

biggdowgg wrote:No way you can drop fairland out of the number one spot for losing to a d1 team the caliber of Hilliard.

This was a great test for the dragons and I think it's great they took on a tough d1 school it will only help them.

Had they lost by 17 or less I'd agree but they lost by 22 and therefore must drop to #2 8-)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

biggdowgg wrote:No way you can drop fairland out of the number one spot for losing to a d1 team the caliber of Hilliard.

... Fairland NEEDED to take on a team the caliber of Hilliard Bradley - D1/with size/with perimeter shooters/ in a hostile environment on the road/ having had to travel 3 hours to get there /vs a team which is now 10-1 ... the Dragons NEEDED to put their SEOhio talent up against the quality of teams Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the coaching staff needed film/video against a more talented team to see how the Dragons can improve - they have that now ... they have areas to work on now for the rest of the season ...

... tough week of rankings coming up later today ... AND the beatings are beginning already !!! LOL ..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Hilliard Bradley will venture down Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line 2/14/17 to take on Logan ... will be interesting to see how THAT game turns out - hard to wait to have to see whether the 22 point loss by Fairland was a "good" loss but we will see ... Athens will be playing Fairland this coming Saturday while Vinton County takes on Logan Tuesday night ... both will be good games to evaluate where all 4 of those teams stand in relation to each other , the Elite 8 and the other top 20 teams I've seen ... a good week of hoops coming up !!!

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I've tried to find hilliards schedule to see who they have played and how badly they have beaten their opponents ,am I missing it on here?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”