Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe I should have said 'as good as some of the players starting' ... lol

enigmaax
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by enigmaax »

biggdowgg wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:In regards to waterford & oak hill. I have seen both. Waterford is basically Oak Hill, but with size & depth. And, they are older, mostly seniors compared to the junior dominated Oaks team. Both are talented, no doubt. But if you haven't seen Waterford play, think of Oak Hill plus a couple 6'4 post men & 3 or 4 kids on the bench almost equally as good as the players starting.

So according to your last few sentences they should have beaten a bad Portsmouth team anyway? Even with out two starters?
I won't argue the rankings because they're fun and a great source of information that have zero impact on anything. Waterford will either live up to expectations or they won't, so nothing to really argue at this point.

I will tell you that Waterford had 5 kids who hadn't touched a basketball this season before the week of the Portsmouth game. I think 3 other kids had only begun the prior week due to the football overrun. They canceled their preview game against FF and played their first game the night before Portsmouth. Two of the five kids who had been out played against Portsmouth. One of those kids is out for the season. Aside from maybe 2 kids, everyone started behind the curve and everyone knew that was the case. That is why nobody is really alarmed about that loss. Saturday vs. Fort Frye will be a much better gauge of where they stand.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

enigmaax wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:In regards to waterford & oak hill. I have seen both. Waterford is basically Oak Hill, but with size & depth. And, they are older, mostly seniors compared to the junior dominated Oaks team. Both are talented, no doubt. But if you haven't seen Waterford play, think of Oak Hill plus a couple 6'4 post men & 3 or 4 kids on the bench almost equally as good as the players starting.

So according to your last few sentences they should have beaten a bad Portsmouth team anyway? Even with out two starters?
I won't argue the rankings because they're fun and a great source of information that have zero impact on anything. Waterford will either live up to expectations or they won't, so nothing to really argue at this point.

I will tell you that Waterford had 5 kids who hadn't touched a basketball this season before the week of the Portsmouth game. I think 3 other kids had only begun the prior week due to the football overrun. They canceled their preview game against FF and played their first game the night before Portsmouth. Two of the five kids who had been out played against Portsmouth. One of those kids is out for the season. Aside from maybe 2 kids, everyone started behind the curve and everyone knew that was the case. That is why nobody is really alarmed about that loss. Saturday vs. Fort Frye will be a much better gauge of where they stand.

No arguing the rankings at all ,pfloyd and 93bulldog are very good friends of mine and I was only givingvdog a hard time .

We lost our best player from last year Kyree Allison and a couple other God players and we will struggle. Esp in post play ,that's why i,pointed out that one of our top rebounded was out that game coach is still trying to figure out his starting rotation but I still think we are better then most people think we won two out of three games in
florida last weeks where we was undersized in all three games but we will be undersized in about every game we play ,our strong point is we have 3 players that can shoot very well from three point line and we are capable of playing some great defense.

Like I said I was only giving. 93bulldog a hard time because he said the bench players was as good as stsrters ,,,good luck to Waterford

earp
S

Post by earp »

Oaktown wrote:
Dragon's Lair wrote:
Oaktown wrote:And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.
I want everyone who is reading this post, right now to get up, walk into your kitchen, take a look into the trash can. Look really deep in there cause that's where you will find Oak Hill's non-conference schedule....
Obviously a Fairland fan that is still bitter about the scare Oak Hill gave them in the post season last year. What was that again, a 4 point win by Fairland? This is a different Oak Hill team my friend. I hope Fairland brings their A game to the tournament this year. I would hate for them to stumble and get knocked off by a team with a trash non-conference schedule.
Its a far different Fairland team as well. :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Mother Nature is sooooo cruel ! LOL ... I had the pfloyd tour pointed back down to Oak Hill to take in the Burg vs the Oaks ... Wheelersburg is USUALLY a physical team - in my game recap of the Oak Hill vs Alexander game one of the question marks I came away with concerning the Oaks was how they would handle a physical inside game - Chase Harris is not especially tall but he is strong/physical in the paint for Alexander, Harris dropped in 20 points vs the Oaks ... based on the Pirate teams of past years I figured tonight's game would answer my OH concern - It will have to wait ...

... a very short menu of games tonight in SEOhio due to road conditions ... Jackson @ Vinton County or Waterford at Trimble ??? unless they too have been called off ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93bulldog ... can you post the Jackson roster please ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:93bulldog ... can you post the Jackson roster please ?

6'0 jr Kendall Neal #13
6'1 sr Bryce Hall #11
5'11 jr Peyton Speakman #4 I think (point guard)
6'1 jr Carson Spohn #21?
6'2 so Cooper Donaldson #12 I think (thin dark hair)

5'10 jr Blake McCoy #23
5'11 sr Josh Spires #0
5'11 so Matt Humphreys #1
5'1 fr Caleb Wallis #3
6'0 fr Brice Graham #25
5'5 sr Johnny Farley #20
5'10 jr Blake Wyatt #10
5'10 so Johnathon Fisher

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks I92 ! ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hope you are already here pfloyd....it's packed!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote:Hope you are already here pfloyd....it's packed!
... Mrs. pfloyd & I made it in plenty of time I92 ... watched the 2nd half of the freshmen contest, then the JVs and the main event ... it was packed ! ... had a family of 5 or 6 come in right before the varsity game and camped in front of us - it was like being at a McDonalds' playground ! little people crawling everywhere, leaning into us, the parents doing nothing , glad THEY watched the game not bothered by anything LOL I guess if you wear a suit & tie to the game you expect to not have to worry about your kids ... I kept my cool, Mrs Floyd sitting sideways as the kids were leaning backwards - she said I would be going to my next game alone LOL - can't blame her ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd does an outstanding job with the Elite Eight. He provides a free and great service to basketball in the Southeast District. Very knowledgeable follower of the great game of basketball.

BTW, the purple hippo can keep dropping Logan Elm and keep Circleville where they're at right now. Not a great year in my part of the Northwest Territory so far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:
... Mrs. pfloyd & I made it in plenty of time I92 ... watched the 2nd half of the freshmen contest, then the JVs and the main event ... it was packed ! ... had a family of 5 or 6 come in right before the varsity game and camped in front of us - it was like being at a McDonalds' playground ! little people crawling everywhere, leaning into us, the parents doing nothing , glad THEY watched the game not bothered by anything LOL I guess if you wear a suit & tie to the game you expect to not have to worry about your kids ... I kept my cool, Mrs Floyd sitting sideways as the kids were leaning backwards - she said I would be going to my next game alone LOL - can't blame her ...

Which side? I gave several scans but came up short on where's floydo

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... aisle seat ... center court ... a couple rows down from the radio platform... visitors side ... good cheap seat location ... 8-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Hope you are already here pfloyd....it's packed![/quote

Ha! I would have so said something. Start traveling with a paddle.

:)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Been to a few where people bring their kids and thing it is a play ground or others should watch their kids.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:

That's what happens when you sit in the cheap seats :)

On another note ,why was a guy with a suit and the sitting in the cheap seats?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... It's all good ... when Logan plays JHS home or away I'll find Mr. Suit & family BUT I will bring MY FAMILY - 93bulldog/biggdowgg/trojandave & the rest of the PHS family LOL - to sit in front of him & throw their coats in another row so no one can sit there, lean back so THEY have no where to put their legs, be up & down the whole game LOL ... it's done now - I saw "most of the game" - now I have to buy Mrs. 'floyd roses so she will go to Chesapeake for the Beasts of the Southeast next weekend though LOL ... as biggdowgg said "That's what happens when I (you) sit in the cheap seats" LOL

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

any idea when the Peake, Portsmouth game will be made up, The Trojans are now off until the 20th...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsGoPSU wrote:any idea when the Peake, Portsmouth game will be made up, The Trojans are now off until the 20th...

Jan. 28

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

We play this Tuesday at fairland

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”