2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ABSOLUTELY. IF THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP THE CURRENT STAFF, THEN THEY NEED TO SIT DOWN AND SAY THIS CRAP STOPS RIGHT FRICKIN NOW. AND MAKE COMITTMENTS TO EXCELLENCE AND HARDER WORK, AND OFF SEASON TRAINING. WEIGHT TRAINING IS MANDATORY OR YOU DON'T PLAY. PERSONAL FOULS GETS YOU BENCHED.EVERYBODY DOES THE SAME THING OR YOU DON'T PLAY, PERIOD , NO IF'S ANDS OR BUTT'S ABOUT IT. RUN THE BLEACHERS, RUN THE TRACK, PUSH THE SLED, CRAB YOUR GUTS OUT AND TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT YOU PUT ON THE FIELD. ANYBODY THAT SAYS THOSE DAYS ARE GONE JUST DON'T WANT EM BACK.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't think anybody on here. that is ''not a wheelersburg fan'' has given them anymore props and shown them more respect than me. but if you think river valley is a better option than burg, then yer full of crap as a Christmas turkey.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BOE meeting last night a few people in Ironton showed up to express their concerns about the football program. They feel that the expectations of winning the OVC is to low. Not that they don't recognize winning the league is important but the last 2 years we have not won a game outside the OVC. They feel at this time the program needs to go in a different direction and make a bigger commitment. Fir example going deeper in the playoffs and beating teams outside the league. I am glad to hear that the parents were the ones saying the expectation should be higher for their kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would have to agree about shooting higher than a league title. that should always be the case. with any team in the league not just ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but the fact remains for at least 2 seasons I remember not one single win outside the league.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in my opinion, that's unacceptable.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE ''FIGHTING TIGERS'' NEED TO WIN SOME OUT OF CONFERENCE GAMES VERY BADLY.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Hear that tiger bait, hope next year will be a little better, winning the league is one of the goals but not the only goal, maybe we can try to win the ovc then expand to a couple of wins non league games then roll that into a playoff game or two, need to get off to a fast start, these 0 and 3 or 4 losses are a hell of a hole to dig out every year, counting on a nice run next year ,

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they sure are.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I have to say I have been much more impressed with the plan this year than the past couple of seasons. Last year it was nearly the middle of March before we had a serious weight training with the football kids. This year they got into the gym the Monday following their playoff loss.

We didn't have a bunch of kids go out for wrestling, but like most things it takes time to catch on and I believe this will be a sport that fits Ironton well and especially the coaches who are taking that program by it's wings to get it off the ground. I think it will take kids having success in it and then it helping them in other sports.

Ironton this year is looking good to me and you couldn't tell me one of Ironton's kids didn't have a bullseye on the first game of the year against burg. They seem awful hungry and I think the fans will be much happier this year with the product they see on the field. The last couple of years have had some issues, but we have had quality athletes with great work ethic. I believe the bad attitudes will be a thing of the past. These coaches want to see another title in the next couple of years. That is the goal of this group of kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

time will tell. I certainly hope you are right.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

IBTT wrote:I have to say I have been much more impressed with the plan this year than the past couple of seasons. Last year it was nearly the middle of March before we had a serious weight training with the football kids. This year they got into the gym the Monday following their playoff loss.

We didn't have a bunch of kids go out for wrestling, but like most things it takes time to catch on and I believe this will be a sport that fits Ironton well and especially the coaches who are taking that program by it's wings to get it off the ground. I think it will take kids having success in it and then it helping them in other sports.

Ironton this year is looking good to me and you couldn't tell me one of Ironton's kids didn't have a bullseye on the first game of the year against burg. They seem awful hungry and I think the fans will be much happier this year with the product they see on the field. The last couple of years have had some issues, but we have had quality athletes with great work ethic. I believe the bad attitudes will be a thing of the past. These coaches want to see another title in the next couple of years. That is the goal of this group of kids.
It is a shame it take the whole town and parents to get upset to open the eyes of the staff. It only took about 5 years to say hey we better change things!

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Sounds like both the coaches and players are a little more hungry this off season than last year, better news this off season than the last couple, just need to hit the weight room , good luck tigers

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hear the bad attitudes are gone but how did they get there in the first place is the question. A few players is one thing but the whole team is another. 9 or 10 wins should be in the picture this year the OVC will even be more down this year than last year. New coaches at 3 schools RH SP and Gallia with the Peak losing everyone. This should be the year the Tigers do something special We should expect a home game in the playoffs.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

Knowing how weak the OVC is, I doubt Ironton will be able to get a home playoff game. Not enough points to generate within the league. Good luck Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote:I hear the bad attitudes are gone but how did they get there in the first place is the question. A few players is one thing but the whole team is another. 9 or 10 wins should be in the picture this year the OVC will even be more down this year than last year. New coaches at 3 schools RH SP and Gallia with the Peak losing everyone. This should be the year the Tigers do something special We should expect a home game in the playoffs.

I have gotten to the point i'll believe it when I see it. I certainly hope this is the case. I just wanna see them win a playoff game and get that back under their belts.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

SportFan08 wrote:Knowing how weak the OVC is, I doubt Ironton will be able to get a home playoff game. Not enough points to generate within the league. Good luck Tigers!

Even with a weak league if Ironton could possibly win 1 or even dare to think about it 2 non conference games they would get enough points to get a home playoff game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH EASILY CANNON.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

As far as attitudes go, they will be better. Simple addition by subtraction.

They need to move the needle with the culture and expectations. It is not okay to miss "voluntary" workouts, not if you want to have any shot at playing time next year. The FAST program at Tri State Rehab should see a steady rotation of players being put through workouts. Right now, they can't get a group of 4 together. I understand a few play basketball, and a couple might be banged up, but 4 is not a big number. I'm not naming names or putting anyone on blast, but from I can see they have 3 maybe 4 kids taking the off season seriously, and that is unacceptable.

They aren't short on talent. They are short on work ethic and desire. Everyone wants to play on Friday night in October, but no one wants to put in the work in January and February.

Anyone want to guess what The Burg is doing in January and February?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

softballfan2112 wrote:As far as attitudes go, they will be better. Simple addition by subtraction.

They need to move the needle with the culture and expectations. It is not okay to miss "voluntary" workouts, not if you want to have any shot at playing time next year. The FAST program at Tri State Rehab should see a steady rotation of players being put through workouts. Right now, they can't get a group of 4 together. I understand a few play basketball, and a couple might be banged up, but 4 is not a big number. I'm not naming names or putting anyone on blast, but from I can see they have 3 maybe 4 kids taking the off season seriously, and that is unacceptable.

They aren't short on talent. They are short on work ethic and desire. Everyone wants to play on Friday night in October, but no one wants to put in the work in January and February.

Anyone want to guess what The Burg is doing in January and February?
Coaching , coaching and more coaching. Lazy staff lazy players no accountability. Change is way over due. I hope they get it together soon.

Return to “Football”